• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesse Watters Is Promoted to an Evening Slot on Fox News

Will You Watch Watters?

• Total voters
Might be time to take "News" out of the name.

Reactions: lwf
Might be time to take "News" out of the name.

Same with CNN and MSNBC.

While fox nightime shows all have a right leaning slant, Sean hannity is the only real republican party loyalist and cheerleader.

Fox daytime news is largely just straight news. I've watched them all

CNN is pure democrat party propoganda. News, opinions and segments. Nothing, anywhere even pretends to be anything else.

MSNBC is the same. 24-7 cheerleading for the democrat party. No exceptions.

CBS and ABC are like left leaning versions closer to fox news with basically straight news in the daytime and evening opinion shows with a leftward slant.

Twenty years ago, a recent college graduate named Jesse Watters joined Fox News as a production assistant. He finagled his way into an on-camera gig
as a sidekick to Bill O’Reilly, before expanding his ambush-style man-on-the-street interviews into a weekend program and a role as co-host of the talk show “The Five.”

The ascent of Mr. Watters — a conservative culture warrior who delights in bashing all things liberal — comes despite numerous controversies over his on-air antics. In a 2016 segment, he trafficked in crude and offensive Asian American stereotypes, prompting a protest at the Fox News offices and rebukes from elected officials. (“I regret if anyone found offense,” Mr. Watters replied in a tweet.)

Last month, he used notably violent language in urging a gathering of conservatives to “ambush” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci with tough questions that he deemed “the kill shot.” Dr. Fauci, who has faced threats of harm from right-wing activists, called for Mr. Watters to be fired; Fox News defended its host, saying his comments were metaphorical and “twisted completely out of context.”

It was obvious to those of us who are being honest with ourselves that Watters was speaking figuratively but alas, Fauci pulled the victim card.

Same with CNN and MSNBC.

While fox nightime shows all have a right leaning slant, Sean hannity is the only real republican party loyalist and cheerleader.

Fox daytime news is largely just straight news. I've watched them all

CNN is pure democrat party propoganda. News, opinions and segments. Nothing, anywhere even pretends to be anything else.

MSNBC is the same. 24-7 cheerleading for the democrat party. No exceptions.

CBS and ABC are like left leaning versions closer to fox news with basically straight news in the daytime and evening opinion shows with a leftward slant.

I'm not at all, a fan of Hannity. I hate his delivery and as you said, he is an over the top, die hard Republican. They can never do wrong in his estimate.
I like the more libertarians views of Jessie Watters and Greg Gutfeld.

I'm not at all, a fan of Hannity. I hate his delivery and as you said, he is an over the top, die hard Republican. They can never do wrong in his estimate.
I like the more libertarians views of Jessie Watters and Greg Gutfeld.

Both Waters, gutfield (the comedy guy), and especially Tucker Carlson routinely bashes some republican party officials.

I seen Tucker Carlson lighting up Lindsey Graham just the other day. That same day, Eric swallwell was on MSNBC and had a lengthy interview where nobody bothered to ask him about him being caught having sex with Chinese spys.

MSNBC also had an exclusive interview with the lead prosecutor Alex Acosta over the Jeffery Epstein case in Florida.

Acosta is on record saying he had to back off the case because Epstein was in the intelligence community. And MSNBC never bothered to stick the microphone in his face and ask him just what the **** he means by that.

MSNBC and CNN are not news. They're leftist propaganda networks.

His on street interviews are funny as hell, but since Greta and Shep left, I can't watch FOX for more than 5 minutes. I'll catch The 5 every now and then just to listen to Gutfield.
Sometimes it seems like they're trying to put up Gutfield as like 'the funny guy' and his jokes are just... so bad.

I enjoy Waters, but do not accept his commentary as news.

He's entertaining and controversial. His opinions are one-sided and he very often ridicules himself and his lack of research and diligence.
it's a political or news analysis show. Nothing wrong with that if you say it'd do -rather then hide bind bias and call it straight news

Twenty years ago, a recent college graduate named Jesse Watters joined Fox News as a production assistant. He finagled his way into an on-camera gig
as a sidekick to Bill O’Reilly, before expanding his ambush-style man-on-the-street interviews into a weekend program and a role as co-host of the talk show “The Five.”

The ascent of Mr. Watters — a conservative culture warrior who delights in bashing all things liberal — comes despite numerous controversies over his on-air antics. In a 2016 segment, he trafficked in crude and offensive Asian American stereotypes, prompting a protest at the Fox News offices and rebukes from elected officials. (“I regret if anyone found offense,” Mr. Watters replied in a tweet.)

Last month, he used notably violent language in urging a gathering of conservatives to “ambush” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci with tough questions that he deemed “the kill shot.” Dr. Fauci, who has faced threats of harm from right-wing activists, called for Mr. Watters to be fired; Fox News defended its host, saying his comments were metaphorical and “twisted completely out of context.”

The way you describe Watters, why would you even watch him?
He obviously wants to be big like Hannity, or Tucker, or Laura Ingraham.
What's your problem with that? He has a following just like Rachael Maddow who on the wrong side of the ideological fence. He wants name recognition like other Lefties such as Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, and Jimmy Fallon.

I think he's doing a great job when he teams up with Gutfeld and Perino.

It is hillarious that this so called top "scientist" is incapable of discerning what a figure of speech is, and he is telling Americans how to deal with a health crisis of pandemic proportion?

Fauci's ego is even than Bill O'Reily's ego.
I'm sorry....how many times did you guys demand someone be locked up or killed because you all didn't figure out that a joke or a statement was a figure of speech? Here's an example: remember Kathy Griffin?

The way you describe Watters, why would you even watch him?
He obviously wants to be big like Hannity, or Tucker, or Laura Ingraham.
What's your problem with that? He has a following just like Rachael Maddow who on the wrong side of the ideological fence. He wants name recognition like other Lefties such as Jimmy Kimmel, Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, and Jimmy Fallon.

I think he's doing a great job when he teams up with Gutfeld and Perino.
I'm not "describing". It's cut from article.
I think he wants to be a Bill O'Reilly - but he started as staff there -and wouldn't jerk on his staff like O'Reilly did
I think he's maturing into his prime

I'm sorry....how many times did you guys demand someone be locked up or killed because you all didn't figure out that a joke or a statement was a figure of speech? Here's an example: remember Kathy Griffin?
You do realize that "kill shot" is a sport term don't you? It is used in tennis and racquetball to describe a winning shot.

Kathy Griffin displayed a bloody replica severed head of Donald Trump.

It is hillarious that this so called top "scientist" is incapable of discerning what a figure of speech is, and he is telling Americans how to deal with a health crisis of pandemic proportion?

I guess he's never heard of Mike Wallace, Geraldo Rivera, or, my favorite, John Stossel--pioneers in "ambush journalism."

You do realize that "kill shot" is a sport term don't you? It is used in tennis and racquetball to describe a winning shot.

Kathy Griffin displayed a bloody replica severed head of Donald Trump.
After this scam of a controversy where leftists everywhere collectively pissed themselves over it, it was exposed that CNN reporters had used the term NUMEROUS times referring to Trump and other conservative policies....but that didnt stop the leftists from still wringing their hands and shrieking that Watters was really calling for Fauci to be killed.

it's a political or news analysis show. Nothing wrong with that if you say it'd do -rather then hide bind bias and call it straight news

Why did you amputate a shred of my post and present it as if the entire thought was there?

I always thought that Watters's schtick was being comedic. Nobody takes him seriously, well, except fragile people apparently.

the word is redaction

Well, I was referring to the part they removed from the whole thought which they then proceeded to post leaving the rest out.

The part they did not post could, I suppose be, said to have been redacted. My impression of that is that the words redacted are still there, but blacked out. The hidden context is shown to be there, but not accessible.

The part(s) they posted was cut from the rest and placed elsewhere. That's why I termed it being amputated.

Back
Top Bottom