• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesse Watters Is Promoted to an Evening Slot on Fox News

Will You Watch Watters?

• Total voters

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Twenty years ago, a recent college graduate named Jesse Watters joined Fox News as a production assistant. He finagled his way into an on-camera gig
as a sidekick to Bill O’Reilly, before expanding his ambush-style man-on-the-street interviews into a weekend program and a role as co-host of the talk show “The Five.”

The ascent of Mr. Watters — a conservative culture warrior who delights in bashing all things liberal — comes despite numerous controversies over his on-air antics. In a 2016 segment, he trafficked in crude and offensive Asian American stereotypes, prompting a protest at the Fox News offices and rebukes from elected officials. (“I regret if anyone found offense,” Mr. Watters replied in a tweet.)

Last month, he used notably violent language in urging a gathering of conservatives to “ambush” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci with tough questions that he deemed “the kill shot.” Dr. Fauci, who has faced threats of harm from right-wing activists, called for Mr. Watters to be fired; Fox News defended its host, saying his comments were metaphorical and “twisted completely out of context.”

Bill Reiley used to bust his chops as a kid. Watters kept his cool while O'Reilly went down in flames.
He's got the "watters world stchik(with his arm) . But lately his show has gone to number 1 on weekend cable
and i've noticed a much better delivery from Watters. He's not as bombastic as Hannity, and is easier to watch

Jesse is awsome! His shorts from Bill’s show are so funny...

Man, he's doing such an awesome job that guy. He's totally a spokesperson for right wing views.

His on street interviews are funny as hell, but since Greta and Shep left, I can't watch FOX for more than 5 minutes. I'll catch The 5 every now and then just to listen to Gutfield.

Last month, he used notably violent language in urging a gathering of conservatives to “ambush” Dr. Anthony S. Fauci with tough questions that he deemed “the kill shot.” Dr. Fauci, who has faced threats of harm from right-wing activists, called for Mr. Watters to be fired; Fox News defended its host, saying his comments were metaphorical and “twisted completely out of context.”
It is hillarious that this so called top "scientist" is incapable of discerning what a figure of speech is, and he is telling Americans how to deal with a health crisis of pandemic proportion?

Fauci's ego is even than Bill O'Reily's ego.

Do yourself a favor folks

Avoid Fox, it causes the loss of critical thinking skills.

My Chanel at work is frozen on fox. A daily dosage of strong Gutfeld, Watters and Carlson keeps me going. I am not too much of a Hannity man.

How did I make you shoo off last time? Oh I remember.

I bet this is how you were banned last time.

😄

"Nobody" gets banned. :)

"Nobody" gets banned. :)

People definitely get banned here, just a matter of time. A wrongly placed sock, sociopathic attitudes, anyone can be a candidate.

😃

People definitely get banned here, just a matter of time. A wrongly placed sock, sociopathic attitudes, anyone can be a candidate.

😃

People do get banned, that does not mean "Nobody" is banned. :)

Anyways it was just a pleasure seeing "Nobody". I am beginning to like "Nobody"

I was wondering when they'd choose a permanent person for that 7 ET slot. Yesterday, when I heard it was to be Watters, I thought he is a potentially good choice. We'll see how he does. I'll be watching.

Twenty years ago, a recent college graduate named Jesse Watters joined Fox News as a production assistant. He finagled his way into an on-camera gig
as a sidekick to Bill O’Reilly, before expanding his ambush-style man-on-the-street interviews into a weekend program and a role as co-host of the talk show “The Five.”

The ascent of Mr. Watters — a conservative culture warrior who delights in bashing all things liberal — comes despite numerous controversies over his on-air antics. In a 2016 segment, he trafficked in crude and offensive Asian American stereotypes, prompting a protest at the Fox News offices and rebukes from elected officials. (“I regret if anyone found offense,” Mr. Watters replied in a tweet.)

I enjoy Waters, but do not accept his commentary as news.

He's entertaining and controversial. His opinions are one-sided and he very often ridicules himself and his lack of research and diligence.

Self deprecating good humor and consistent bias is what you can expect from Waters.

If you're looking for a fair statement of fact employing all ideas on all sides of any issue, you probably should not be watching TV news.

If you are looking for a humorous and satirical explanation of the world as Waters sees it, you will hear it from him very often.

I do love the "Man on the Street" interviews. I am saddened by the levels of stupidity he reveals on the parts of those interviewed. Reality can be a disappointment.

I only watch a couple of hosts (Bret Baier and occasionally Dana Perino. Used to watch Chris Wallace's Sunday show. The rest of them are idiots and Jesse Waters and Greg Gutfield are at the top of the idiot list JMHO Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity no words SMH

For news I prefer my local news

Back
Top Bottom