• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jeh Johnson: Gun control is now a matter of homeland security

Sensible gun control to liberals is NONSENSE!

you are mistaken

to people such as you and I, sensible laws are ones that actually impede or restrict CRIMINALS. to left winger haters of gun owners, SENSIBLE laws are ones that punish the conservative gun owners and bleeds power from the NRA. so when they claim they want SENSIBLE GUN CONTROL they are only lying by calling it "gun control" when its really "Sensible ways to harass gun owners who don't vote for democrats"

The Constitution was authored and ratified by white, rich, inbred, slave-owning racists, dontcha know? :roll: Consequently, loathing and ignoring the Constitution is a progressive thing to do.

Unless The Constitution works in their favor.

I posted NYPD Chief Kelly's direct comments...of the 1400 bullets fired in one year only THREE came from a rifle of ANY kind.

The anti-gun left is purely agenda driven. Whats sad is seeing gun owners falling into the emotional appeals. The rabid left has learned...yell scream and call names and many people will shrink, wince, and cave. Very sad.

back when Bill and his lying twit of a wife were pushing for the original idiocy on "assault weapons" the chief of police of Trenton NJ said his officers were more likely to be mauled by an escaped Zoo tiger than shot by a criminal using an "assault weapon"

Considering the vast majority of those 'mass shootings' are committed by gang bangers, when is the rabid left going to act responsibly and call for mandatory minimum sentencing for violent crimes involving weapons?

Spot on!

And when will the Left act responsibly and call for the Death Penalty on these thugs?

Except that the issue of what constitutes CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS is something we wildly disagree about when it comes to guns. So the cheap shot you just took - that people who want gun control want "to remove one" - is simply not part of any serious discussion as it perverts and distorts what is really being considered.

Since they know they don't have the votes to rewrite the second amendment, they are going to peck honest gun owners to death. Licenses, fees, licenses for each bullet. Like prisoners, liberals just keep grinding away at other people's rights because controlling others people's lives is what motivates them.

you are mistaken

to people such as you and I, sensible laws are ones that actually impede or restrict CRIMINALS. to left winger haters of gun owners, SENSIBLE laws are ones that punish the conservative gun owners and bleeds power from the NRA. so when they claim they want SENSIBLE GUN CONTROL they are only lying by calling it "gun control" when its really "Sensible ways to harass gun owners who don't vote for democrats"

That's what I meant but did not elaborate on it as eloquently as you. After all, I'm not an attorney. :)

I agreed with one post, while you foolishly tried to extend to other areas. You have zero evidence, and I challenge you to prove your ridiculous allegation right here and now. I'm waiting.

My allegation? What allegation is that?

And why you dream up an imaginary answer, where is the proof of your earlier claims about inbreeding?

here is the problem. To honest people-common sense gun control would mean laws that specifically target criminals and criminal behavior. To people like you whose main goal is harassing lawful gun owners and pretending you all have actually done something without actually impacting criminals, common sense means burdensome hassles directed towards conservative gun owners. So as long as your agenda is not one of controlling criminals, we must reject your concepts of "common sense"

yes!

wrong-its all about this

criminals break laws that ban harmful behavior so your solution is to impose laws that only harass honest people who don't engage in harmful behavior

yes!

No ****!

Right On soot!

Fine............ don't own a gun....depend on the po-po .....:lamo

I was out teaching kids to shoot and you didn't give American enough time for me to read this thread. Now that I have ....here I am....and there are many of us in..."We"

that kind of WE is just a lot of noise from empty barrels that are soon to be obsolete and discarded to the trash heap of history.

why don't you tell us that if the FBI could find NO REASON to charge this guy and the STATE could find NO REASON to deny this guy a SECURITY GUARD LICENSE why he should lose his constitutional rights

The Bannerrhoid movement never wants to tell us what should be the standard for losing one's constitutional rights

currently, its at least a probable cause finding-that being an INDICTMENT for a felony. That is the lowest standard allowed in the DEMOCRAT created, and passed GCA of 68. But now people like you want less than that. when does it stop?

well we know that answer=you want no one to be able to buy or possess a gun so why don't you stop the dishonesty and just cut to the chase

And YES....again.

Except as I see it, your opinion isn't legitimate and has no merit.

So a legitimate opinion is one that agrees with your own self imposed willful beliefs based on nothing other than willful belief. Got it.

that kind of WE is just a lot of noise from empty barrels that are soon to be obsolete and discarded to the trash heap of history.

:lamo............................ IN YOUR DREAMS........ :2rofll::2rofll:

Since they know they don't have the votes to rewrite the second amendment, they are going to peck honest gun owners to death. Licenses, fees, licenses for each bullet. Like prisoners, liberals just keep grinding away at other people's rights because controlling others people's lives is what motivates them.

There is no need to rewrite the Second Amendment. Government has all the power they need to enact reasonable controls and restrictions while still preserving the basic right.

Now willpower ...... that is indeed another story altogether.

:lamo............................ IN YOUR DREAMS........ :2rofll::2rofll:

Radical right wingers are a dying breed soon to be an endangered species.... or some other word which rhymes with species.

back when Bill and his lying twit of a wife were pushing for the original idiocy on "assault weapons" the chief of police of Trenton NJ said his officers were more likely to be mauled by an escaped Zoo tiger than shot by a criminal using an "assault weapon"

Exactly, but Jeh and most Dimocrats, as well as some on this board, want to see law abiding citizens harassed, no matter what.

What does all that hoopla do for crime? Not a Damn Thing!

I think it boils down to jealousy.

That's what I meant but did not elaborate on it as eloquently as you. After all, I'm not an attorney. :)

Given the tone of his rhetoric how could anyone possibly believe he ever was one ?

Jealousy.

Which makes no sense as a reply to my post.

Your post is nonsensical.

So a legitimate opinion is one that agrees with your own self imposed willful beliefs based on nothing other than willful belief. Got it.

No it's based on common sense....and I haven't seen it from you or Glen.

There is no need to rewrite the Second Amendment. Government has all the power they need to enact reasonable controls and restrictions while still preserving the basic right.

Now willpower ...... that is indeed another story altogether.

Long live the Republicans.....Obstruct the liberals!

Radical right wingers are a dying breed soon to be an endangered species.... or some other word which rhymes with species.

Silly as anything you have ever said......I personally am training a lot of kids to be responsible Americans, how to shoot and do the RIGHT thing...oust liberals!

Sensible gun control to liberals is NONSENSE! There is no reason to have registration on a tool that people own. It's none of your business what I own and it's none of the government's business what I own. Screw your insurance...I loathe insurance companies! They are right up their with the other two biggest crooks in the country...Big Pharma and Heath Care. Training is a good thing........however..............Gun shows are primarily full of gun dealers that have FFL licenses and have to do background checks on all sales....same for online. I deal with many online dealers, all over the USA and no one would ever ships me a gun directly. They are sent to a licensed FFL dealer of my choice and the BGC is done! So...WTF are you talking about????

Ahh the failed rant of the rabid 'gun' rubbers. Many liberals see reasonable regulations as the fix- not total bans. The 'gun' rubbers and the NRA refuse ANY sensible regulations with the idiotic trill of 'slippery slope'... :roll:

Many tools private citizens own are registered- cars for instance. Many tools are regulated and certified- such as taxis, gaming machines, gas pumps, deli meat scales...

Ever heard of property tax? I have to list my farming equipment for the dreaded 'gubmint'... those are my tools to earn a living- not just collect and or play with.

I'm sure there are bat **** crazy people who forsake insurance, bury whatever they think is valuable in mason jars out back, and hate healthcare- until they need their house replaced after a fire, tornado, get cancer or need the latest heart medication... but I don't think they are a very large part of functional society.

I am a FIRM believer of more than kiss on the cheek training, but so few of the so many 'gun' rubbers ever bother...

What FFL dealer SHOULD do vs what some actually do is the problem... so few FFL holders get audited to see if they actually did back round checks or even bothered to record the sale- many store front dealers who get into trouble is from failure to account for weapons sold. About the only place they score good marks across the board is shipped firearms across state lines... but the postal service isn't as hamstrung as the ATF in investigating improper use of their service... :peace

I didn't know that. I'm aware that slaves were not allowed guns. But other than that, what restrictions were in place?

All white men within a certain age range were legally required to muster twice annually with their own musket or a pistol if you served in the capacity of a dragoon for inspection, regustration, and training. At first the individual States were tasked with defining and managing the details of regulation. Failure to appear for muster resulted in a fine. All white men were subject to home inspection at any time so the State could itemize who owned what gun(s), where, what condition they were in, and if the legally mandated guns were not present or in poor condition you were subject to a fine.
Blacks, free or slave, were not permitted to own firearms and neither was anyone else who was judged to be disloyal to the State or engaged in an act of rebellion. Conceal carry? Forget it. Illegal. Open carry? In some places but mostly illegal. For the most part, your gun stayed home and in good condition waiting for you to pick it up and fight for the nation when called upon. Exceptions for hunting. Back then, public safety and national security were placed ahead of individual liberty.

Last edited:
Spot on!

And when will the Left act responsibly and call for the Death Penalty on these thugs?

The short answer? Never. Unless they can get voting booths in prison cells.

Ahh the failed rant of the rabid 'gun' rubbers. Many liberals see reasonable regulations as the fix- not total bans. The 'gun' rubbers and the NRA refuse ANY sensible regulations with the idiotic trill of 'slippery slope'... :roll:

Many tools private citizens own are registered- cars for instance. Many tools are regulated and certified- such as taxis, gaming machines, gas pumps, deli meat scales...

Ever heard of property tax? I have to list my farming equipment for the dreaded 'gubmint'... those are my tools to earn a living- not just collect and or play with.

I'm sure there are bat **** crazy people who forsake insurance, bury whatever they think is valuable in mason jars out back, and hate healthcare- until they need their house replaced after a fire, tornado, get cancer or need the latest heart medication... but I don't think they are a very large part of functional society.

I am a FIRM believer of more than kiss on the cheek training, but so few of the so many 'gun' rubbers ever bother...

What FFL dealer SHOULD do vs what some actually do is the problem... so few FFL holders get audited to see if they actually did back round checks or even bothered to record the sale- many store front dealers who get into trouble is from failure to account for weapons sold. About the only place they score good marks across the board is shipped firearms across state lines... but the postal service isn't as hamstrung as the ATF in investigating improper use of their service... :peace

Ohh, where to start. Such total malarky if ever there was any. Like I pointed out already, and TD has too, there are plenty of laws in place already, w/o any new ones. We need to punish criminals severely and not punish people who have done nothing wrong....again, the NRA position which I totally agree with.

The NRA is correct, what Democrats are proposing is a trashing of due process. It's no idiotic trill...it is a slippery slope. You apparently wouldn't be affected, so no skin off your nose right?

Motor vehicles only need to be registered when operating on public highways, otherwise, they don't need to be. I have lots of examples...just ask. The rest of your list is for public use or consumption, or for profit(earn a living). So they Do Not Apply!

And then you continue with your malarky....I wasn't talking about people who forego insurance, I was talking about the gouging that all insurance companies use and the intimidation they use. Insurance is a major racket and should be considered criminal in some cases.
Your ilk wants to punish gun owners, by forcing insurance on them without merit.

Most every FFL dealer follows the law. Their books can be inspected at any time w/o notice.....and they know it! If they ship firearms across state lines, it has to be to another dealer. They are not going to risk their license by doing illegal stuff....like obama and Holder have allowed in the past.

So GET REAL, your proposals are not common sense....they are Nonsense!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom