• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jared Kushner under consideration for White House chief of staff

I cant answer you butbyoubtsise fair questions. I will counter by asking what prevents someone else from taking up those issues if he accepts new responsibilities?
The same thing which prevents someone else from taking over as Cos?

What do I win?

The same thing which prevents someone else from taking over as Cos?

What do I win?
I got a pouty face button you can walk around wearing after trump names a new chief of staff that does not meet your leftist approval

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Government workers dont work for Trump, they work for us.
Trump doesn't know anything other than people working for him. He is individual 1 directing payments. He is the one making the economy work. He is the one who knows the taxes. It's illogical to believe that even in government he'd see any difference between a government employee, and someone he can fire. He has displayed no such ability. It wasn't the government firing Omarosa. It was Trump. It wasn't the government firing Rex Tiller. It was Trump.

It won't be Democrats shutting down the government. It is Trump. He said so. Your dream won't come true because at no point did Trump not run the show. He is showing us how his type of predatory skills weaken us all. Like any ****ty businessman he has ignored those with decades of experience - and decided to hire his family.

If his family is the best we can offer, we are screwed.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

My first reaction was laughter as well. Everyone wants to be my Chief of Staff!! Well OK, not this guy. Ahhh, well, not this other guy. *blushing*, OK , maybe my son-in-law.

You think Jared puts nation over family?

This is why nepotism is bad, we use to be better.

Which Nation?
/

I got a pouty face button you can walk around wearing after trump names a new chief of staff that does not meet your leftist approval
Didn't have an answer for that one did ya?

Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, is under consideration to become the next White House chief of staff, CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent Major Garrett has confirmed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jared-kushner-under-consideration-for-white-house-chief-of-staff/

I can’t see this happening; we’re being trolled

That would be awesome. One corrupt slum lord who inherited dirty money being the Chief of Staff to another slum lord who inherited dirty money. They could spend all day talking about how much they both admire Ivanka's breasts.

Yup it is and I wont dismiss him based on things he hasnt done. He has done well in his current and previous roles.
What has he done and what makes him qualified to be chief of staff?

If he is chosen as chief of staff I will judge him on what he does
The norm should be to ensure that he has a good chance of doing well based on qualifications. Waiting for failure is a poor strategy.

Yup it is and I wont dismiss him based on things he hasnt done. He has done well in his current and previous roles. If he is chosen as chief of staff I will judge him on what he does

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You mean taking over his father's company after his father was sent to prison, and spending his family's money (that he didn't earn) on real estate? Or do you mean his failed purchase of The New York Observer?

The norm should be to ensure that he has a good chance of doing well based on qualifications. Waiting for failure is a poor strategy.

He knows how to invest the money his father earned in real estate, and he knows how to drive companies into the ground. Who better to advise the real estate developing reality TV game show host who did the same thing?

He knows how to invest the money his father earned in real estate, and he knows how to drive companies into the ground. Who better to advise the real estate developing reality TV game show host who did the same thing?
He a little piss ant wanna be and slum lord who couldn't even pass the bar exam, but fits right in with the best people Trump has around him.

Well this certainly has the trappings of a mob organizational chart.

Trump doesn't know anything other than people working for him. He is individual 1 directing payments. He is the one making the economy work. He is the one who knows the taxes. It's illogical to believe that even in government he'd see any difference between a government employee, and someone he can fire. He has displayed no such ability. It wasn't the government firing Omarosa. It was Trump. It wasn't the government firing Rex Tiller. It was Trump.

It won't be Democrats shutting down the government. It is Trump. He said so. Your dream won't come true because at no point did Trump not run the show. He is showing us how his type of predatory skills weaken us all. Like any ****ty businessman he has ignored those with decades of experience - and decided to hire his family.

If his family is the best we can offer, we are screwed.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

It is totally inconceivable that Mr. Trump could possibly be "Individual 1"!!

Why there isn't a single "T", "R", of "P" in "Individual 1".

You appear to have "misunderstood" what Mr. Trump said. What He actually said (according to the latest version of the currently operative, officially sanctioned, "Team Trump" approved truth-of-the-day) was NOT that "He would shut down the government." but rather that "The government would shut down if Congress did NOT do what He told it to do.".

BTW - What's wrong with Mr. Kushner? He's a wealthy person who made all of his money himself rather than through double dealing, influence peddling, and trading with America's enemies (like the Russians). Besides his wife is a "hottie" and you aren't - so NYAH.

Right?

Since there are no actual "qualifications" for the position "Chief of Staff", Mr. Kushner is "fully qualified" for that position - isn't he?

As of today, we can add:

Chris Christie
David Bossie

Christie turned it down. Seems Chris only wants to make burger runs for himself.

Well this certainly has the trappings of a mob organizational chart.

Nah.

THIS has the trappings of a mob organizational chart.

It doesn't appear that "Team Trump" is that organized. Besides, the lawyers for those guys don't "flip" regardless of how much pressure some so-called "prosecutor" puts on them.

ASIDE - When I was in practice a lot of lawyers simply would not take people like that as clients BUT even those lawyers would admit that people like that had two very "positive" characteristics - they paid their bills, in full, on time and, as long as you were being straight with them they let you get on with your work unhindered (for example - they wouldn't run off tho the media and make statements that blew their own case out of the water just because they felt like getting their names mentioned in the media).

Since there are no actual "qualifications" for the position "Chief of Staff", Mr. Kushner is "fully qualified" for that position - isn't he?
No, that would be eligibility requirements, a subtle difference, but to be fair, there are no set qualifications either, but looking at past history of the position, no president has sought someone from the bottom of the barrel and lets be honest here, Kushner other than being a son-in-law IS the bottom of the barrel for that position.
How does he compare to such as James Baker for instance?

Back
Top Bottom