• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jared Kushner under consideration for White House chief of staff

Shallow pool? What's your criticism of Jared if it is him?
Trump likes to count Kushner.
But, won't Kushner be stretched a little thin?

Has he even finished with his other duties yet?

• negotiating peace in the Middle East
  • taking point on China and with Mexico
  • solving the opioid epidemic
  • reforming veterans’ care
  • overhauling the criminal justice system
  • reinventing the federal government

Maybe because it would be an admission that no one qualified wants to work for Trump.

But I can totally see it ... because who that is qualified wants to work for Trump?
You think Jared isnt unqualified? Based on what?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There is also the nepotism ban that would make his appointment illegal. Not that Trump cares about that. I appears he has never really done much that IS legal in his entire life.

Can you imagine the outcry if Hillary hired Chelsea to be her Chief of Staff or let her sit in on meetings with world leaders or address the UN? trump would be tweeting 24/7 demanding that Hillary be impeached for nepotism.

I doubt he would accept the job either. Hitching your wagon to a dumpster fire is not a good idea for anybody.

Jared has already hitched his wagon to the dumpster fire. Chief of staff is a very well paid job. And we know Jared does love MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Jared is kinda already hitched to this dumpster fire.............

Jared is a dumpster fire. Though in the context of this administration a dumpster fire hitched to a dumpster fire is understandable. Besides, it isn't like Jared has done much of anything substantive in his senior adviser/extended family member position.

My first reaction was laughter as well. Everyone wants to be my Chief of Staff!! Well OK, not this guy. Ahhh, well, not this other guy. *blushing*, OK , maybe my son-in-law.
Government workers dont work for Trump, they work for us.

You think Jared puts nation over family?

This is why nepotism is bad, we use to be better.

I cant answer you butbyoubtsise fair questions. I will counter by asking what prevents someone else from taking up those issues if he accepts new responsibilities?

My first reaction was laughter as well. Everyone wants to be my Chief of Staff!! Well OK, not this guy. Ahhh, well, not this other guy. *blushing*, OK , maybe my son-in-law.

You think Jared puts nation over family?

This is why nepotism is bad, we use to be better.

Notice that you pretend that being COS in the Trump Administration is a plum to be plucked when the history is that it is a thankless job that chews men up.

And that, my friends, is how shallow the pool of talent is of reasonably competent people willing to throw their reputations away by joining Trump's sick joke of an administration.
Shallow pool? What's your criticism of Jared if it is him?

My comment wasn't a criticism of Jared. It was a reflection on how Trump went from having a fair number of people wanting to work for him in January 2017, to having to shuffle people from one department to another by summer of that year because the number of people wanting to work for him had dwindled, to now being in a position where he might have to hire his son-in-law because he simply can't find anyone who he trusts who also wants to be there.

I do have significant criticism of Jared now that I learned how he got played by Mohammad bin Salman and how he's still chatting with MBS giving him advice on how to get away with murder and still keep Trump's business. But my first statement was simply a reflection on how Trump has so few choices for chief of staff that he may have to hire is son-in-law.

This is not normal. Chief-of-staff is supposed to be a plum job, with high level, politically savvy people beating down the door for it. But Trump has turned it into a hot potato because he's such a fruitcake and a publicly abusive boss. People with the right background that he might pick are pre-submitting their "I need to spend more time with my family" excuses for not throwing their hat in the ring.

Notice that you pretend that being COS in the Trump Administration is a plum to be plucked when the history is that it is a thankless job that chews men up.

Nepotism in the White House, what a disgrace.
That Trump can't fill the position his is fault for being a turd, and your fault for supporting him.

^ winner

Can you imagine the outcry if Hillary hired Chelsea to be her Chief of Staff or let her sit in on meetings with world leaders or address the UN? trump would be tweeting 24/7 demanding that Hillary be impeached for nepotism.

^ another winner

Jared has already hitched his wagon to the dumpster fire. Chief of staff is a very well paid job. And we know Jared does love MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Reports state that theKushners made over 80 million dollars last year; guvmint don’t pay that well!

I can't remember, but how many names have been called out so far?

Ayers
Meadows
Gingrich
Kushner

Did I miss any?!?

Hillary?

I heard she needs an important job. ;)

Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser, is under consideration to become the next White House chief of staff, CBS News Chief Washington Correspondent Major Garrett has confirmed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jared-kushner-under-consideration-for-white-house-chief-of-staff/

I can’t see this happening; we’re being trolled

It'll be interesting to see what reason (other than "Nepotism") is given for granting him the security clearance needed for the position.

Jared is kinda already hitched to this dumpster fire.............

He is NOT!!

He's hitched to the dumpster fire's daughter.

Your insinuation that there is an improper sexual relationship between Messrs Kushner and Trump is highly improper.

Which, of course, reminds me of the old joke that has as its punchline

"Ewe of course, nothing queer about old Fotheringham-Smythee."​

hell he is all trump has got

nobody wants the job

Trump is going down and no one else wants to go with him.

Well Jared is probably already on Mueller's target list anyway so no more danger taking the job. just a matter of time till he is indicted

I can help Mr. Trump out of his jam.

I'll take the job for:

1. $1,000,000 per month, with six years salary deposited in an escrow account to be paid out at the rate of $1,000,000 per month;
  2. a guaranteed job tenure of six years (with full payment to be made regardless of whether or not I have been removed from the position); and
  3. a signed pardon for any and all crimes with an effective date left blank for me to fill in whenever I choose.

Although the legality of a pardon for future offences has never been tested in court, I am sure that a good case can be made that it is (effectively) a "Presidential No Prosecution Agreement" and would suffice for that purpose.

Lets not dwell on negatives. How about he is qualified because? He is "family" because he is not much else and expertise in nothing but being a slum lord.
That's a very clever attempt to flip the script.

Not at all. Isn't it easier to support an assertion than prove a negative?
Yup it is and I wont dismiss him based on things he hasnt done. He has done well in his current and previous roles. If he is chosen as chief of staff I will judge him on what he does

Back
Top Bottom