• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 panel asks GOP lawmaker to testify about Capitol tour

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Big one here! The guy who held the virtual map, recon tour, for the invaders to learn where and how to infiltrate and maneuver, even as sloppy in which it went down in real time.

1652991285352.png
Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia is the latest GOP lawmaker to be asked to cooperate with the House select committee probing the violence that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021,“ Reps Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney, the chairman and vice-chairwoman of the committee, said in a letter Thursday.

"Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021," they wrote.

Weren't tours supposed to have been canceled at that time?

I'll bet he says the tour was for 'friends and family'.
And I'll bet the committee has video evidence. No way they would put this out there without some damn good evidence. And if they do have it, he lied through his teeth when he said no one gave any tours on Jan. 5th.

This will get really good really fast.

Big one here! The guy who held the virtual map, recon tour, for the invaders to learn where and how to infiltrate and maneuver, even as sloppy in which it went down in real time.

View attachment 67391746
Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia is the latest GOP lawmaker to be asked to cooperate with the House select committee probing the violence that took place on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Based on our review of evidence in the Select Committee’s possession, we believe you have information regarding a tour you led through parts of the Capitol complex on January 5, 2021,“ Reps Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney, the chairman and vice-chairwoman of the committee, said in a letter Thursday.

"Public reporting and witness accounts indicate some individuals and groups engaged in efforts to gather information about the layout of the U.S. Capitol, as well as the House and Senate office buildings, in advance of January 6, 2021," they wrote.
Three strange parts here.

First early January 2020 was in the middle of the worst covid spike to that point, 4000/day deaths and no readily available vaccines. It was an exceedingly strange time to give a tour.

Second, why didn’t he come forward with this sooner? It’s a weird thing to categorically deny only to correct later.

Third, the family bit is irrelevant. Terrorists can have children.

First early January 2020 was in the middle of the worst covid spike to that point, 4000/day deaths and no readily available vaccines. It was an exceedingly strange time to give a tour.

Second, why didn’t he come forward with this sooner? It’s a weird thing to categorically deny only to correct later.

No, that was a little later, but a lot of places were shut down to the public at that time (including the capitol).

It will be the responsibility of the 1/6 Committee to prove such a tour by Rep Loudermilk and added into the final report any incriminating findings. The House Administration Committee reported that “no tours, no large groups, no one with MAGA hats on” after viewing security tapes on 1/5/21. The 1/6 Committee's review contradicts their statement. I personally can't imagine the 1/6 Committee calling Rep Loudermilk to come in if they didn't have a good reason for it. We'll be watching for further reporting about this.

And I'll bet the committee has video evidence. No way they would put this out there without some damn good evidence. And if they do have it, he lied through his teeth when he said no one gave any tours on Jan. 5th.

This will get really good really fast.
No way stories would come out without damn good evidence? No way they would call in a witness to testify about something unless they were damn sure of their allegations. LOL.

Have you not been following the news at all for the last 5 years? My god, man....

View attachment 67391746

Is the floor plan of the Capitol a State secret or something? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have been in and out of that building, if not more.

"weird thing to deny and correct later" = He lied and when got caught lying, changed his tune.

Is the floor plan of the Capitol a State secret or something? Literally hundreds of thousands of people have been in and out of that building, if not more.
Strange that tours weren't allowed since March 2020 and yet this guy (one of the idiots who believed the election was stolen and thought Trump should remain as king) just happened to give a tour the day before a big rally which had been organized for weeks. The same rally where a bunch of democracy hating "Americans" all cried because their idol lost his throne.

Makes you wonder how many other democracy hating "Americans" gave tours on Jan 5th.

Think of it this way. If you or I have taken walk through tours of a building, do we pay attention to the objects, in which the tour is about or do we try to learn ways to infiltrate the place later on? Or does our tour guide speak about the purpose of said objects located inside the building that relates to the purpose of said building or does our tour guide point our secret or non public access areas of the building? Normal people, including the tour guide, will conduct ourselves in the manner known to man as being honest and proper. Folks who are threats to society conduct themselves in ways to cause serious problems for establishments.

To your point, sure, folks inside the Capitol prior to 1/6/21 taking tours could have taken note of the locations of windows and doors, etc. - and reported to militia types for their plans to infiltrate the Capitol Building, but there could have been members of Congress who did their part to give out to potential infiltrators more serious information not generally seen or known by the general public. That's what the 1/6 investigation is looking into.

Here's the thing: it could be entirely innocent and coincidental. But, if so, why obfuscate? The committee has asked a lot of legitimate questions. Either the rule of law and comity obtains, or it doesn't. If a Representative fails to comply, they should be removed from Congress, period. They don't belong there.

Strange that tours weren't allowed since March 2020 and yet this guy (one of the idiots who believed the election was stolen and thought Trump should remain as king) just happened to give a tour the day before a big rally which had been organized for weeks. The same rally where a bunch of democracy hating "Americans" all cried because their idol lost his throne.

Makes you wonder how many other democracy hating "Americans" gave tours on Jan 5th.
It's kind of stupid to make the leap that if he showed some people around, then he must have been doing it to help people attack the building. Was he the only Congressman to show someone around? I doubt that. And, I thought I heard it was the day before? That makes it even more unlikely.

This is put out there for the low information, low IQ types that will swallow it without question. Evil needs those type of people.

Think of it this way. If you or I have taken walk through tours of a building, do we pay attention to the objects, in which the tour is about or do we try to learn ways to infiltrate the place later on? Or does our tour guide speak about the purpose of said objects located inside the building that relates to the purpose of said building or does our tour guide point our secret or non public access areas of the building? Normal people, including the tour guide, will conduct ourselves in the manner known to man as being honest and proper. Folks who are threats to society conduct themselves in ways to cause serious problems for establishments.

To your point, sure, folks inside the Capitol prior to 1/6/21 taking tours could have taken note of the locations of windows and doors, etc. - and reported to militia types for their plans to infiltrate the Capitol Building, but there could have been members of Congress who did their part to give out to potential infiltrators more serious information not generally seen or known by the general public. That's what the 1/6 investigation is looking into.
It doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny. Of course, those pushing it give it no scrutiny at all.

It's kind of stupid to make the leap that if he showed some people around, then he must have been doing it to help people attack the building. Was he the only Congressman to show someone around? I doubt that. And, I thought I heard it was the day before? That makes it even more unlikely.

This is put out there for the low information, low IQ types that will swallow it without question. Evil needs those type of people.
It's a good thing that no one has been jumping to the strawman you're proposing.

His explanation for giving a tour seems reasonable to me. Had he given it on January 7th I wouldn't even question it. The problem is that he was on a committee tasked to determine if there were ANY tours on January 5th. Despite him giving a tour, his committee came back with the conclusion that no tours were given. Was he the only Congressmen to show someone around? He authored a report that there were no tours. That's tough to square.

So what's his explanation? Covid was at the highest level it had been to that date. Most people weren't back in their offices. A tours would have been a huge ask. And not only did he give one, he authored a report that said there were no tours. I'm not saying string him up, but only a "low information low IQ" hyper partisan type would assume that he shouldn't answer some questions and that we shouldn't just give him the benefit of the doubt. (I'm not inferring you're saying that he should answer questions btw).

FYI, truly evil people are the ones who don't see others as people.

No way stories would come out without damn good evidence? No way they would call in a witness to testify about something unless they were damn sure of their allegations. LOL.

Have you not been following the news at all for the last 5 years? My god, man....
You're watching too much Newsmax, OANN and Fox.

Its not stupid to make a leap.
He wanted Trump to remain king. He was going to (or did) object to the electoral votes for Biden. What better way to help "Stop the Steal" than to take some democracy hating anti-Americans on a tour the day before the rally/counting of electors.

Why didn't he admit this sooner? Denied it. Then when evidence comes out, he "changes his tune". He was caught lying.

It's a good thing that no one has been jumping to the strawman you're proposing.

His explanation for giving a tour seems reasonable to me. Had he given it on January 7th I wouldn't even question it. The problem is that he was on a committee tasked to determine if there were ANY tours on January 5th. Despite him giving a tour, his committee came back with the conclusion that no tours were given. Was he the only Congressmen to show someone around? He authored a report that there were no tours. That's tough to square.

So what's his explanation? Covid was at the highest level it had been to that date. Most people weren't back in their offices. A tours would have been a huge ask. And not only did he give one, he authored a report that said there were no tours. I'm not saying string him up, but only a "low information low IQ" hyper partisan type would assume that he shouldn't answer some questions and that we shouldn't just give him the benefit of the doubt. (I'm not inferring you're saying that he should answer questions btw).

FYI, truly evil people are the ones who don't see others as people.
Things get very dangerous when we start pointing fingers and trying to link up events as cause and effect. Reminds me of the sentiment behind the Salem witch trials.

Its not stupid to make a leap.
He wanted Trump to remain king. He was going to (or did) object to the electoral votes for Biden. What better way to help "Stop the Steal" than to take some democracy hating anti-Americans on a tour the day before the rally/counting of electors.

Why didn't he admit this sooner? Denied it. Then when evidence comes out, he "changes his tune". He was caught lying.
As I said above, this is a very dangerous way of thinking. They are taking the rule of law away from the justice system and putting it in the hands of the party.

It would be simpler if the Congressman just told the truth at the very beginning.

But he lied.
To get the absolute truth, I went to MSNBC to gather some info...

They said he, and others, gave "reconnaissance tours". Not just tours. Of course, you have some proof of that, right?

I mean, when you accuse a sitting Congressman of planning an attack on the Capitol, you need to show what you have that proves it was for recon for that attack.

His statement was that he didn't give any "reconnaissance tours". And, until we see some proof that he gave "reconnaissance tours", it looks like the committee is lying.

So, it's on them to show he gave a "reconnaissance tour". Not just a tour. When do you suppose they will show their proof?

Oh, they never entered the Capitol building, so that's going to be a tough one. I know the "committee" would never say anything like that without absolute proof. Maybe they just misplaced it?

What’s with the LOL?

That has been their pattern. Everything the Committee has called witnesses for is very well documented by the time the witnesses are called.

I know the capacity for trump types to ignore or reject facts that don’t line up with the phony narrative they believe in. This is yet another example.

To get the absolute truth, I went to MSNBC to gather some info...

They said he, and others, gave "reconnaissance tours". Not just tours. Of course, you have some proof of that, right?

I mean, when you accuse a sitting Congressman of planning an attack on the Capitol, you need to show what you have that proves it was for recon for that attack.

His statement was that he didn't give any "reconnaissance tours". And, until we see some proof that he gave "reconnaissance tours", it looks like the committee is lying.

So, it's on them to show he gave a "reconnaissance tour". Not just a tour. When do you suppose they will show their proof?

Oh, they never entered the Capitol building, so that's going to be a tough one. I know the "committee" would never say anything like that without absolute proof. Maybe they just misplaced it?

Congressmen don’t give tours. That would be highly unusual under any circumstances.

I suspect he has been identified because of the identities of the people he gave the tour to. You do not enter the Capitol building without clearing security, so those individuals are known.

And if they’re trump’s skinhead phalanx……well.

As I said above, this is a very dangerous way of thinking. They are taking the rule of law away from the justice system and putting it in the hands of the party.

Total BS.

Back
Top Bottom