• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 panel asks GOP lawmaker to testify about Capitol tour

Good idea! Endorse a potential enemy of the state without making sure that Rep Loudermilk wasn't involved with anything related to the 1/6/21 Capitol assault.

On the contrary , it's a way to say 'Keep quiet'

I’m not saying string him up or that he’s guilty, but it’s bonkers to me to hear anyone say that there’s no need to look into anything.

Many democrats (military vets) had concerns that republicans gave recon tours to terrorists. I have no idea if that was true or not. But if it was true it would be heinous.

So its fair to ask, “were there any tours?” Loudermilk said there were no tours, not just by him… but by anyone. Now it turns out he gave a tour. So we have serious potential crime followed by a lie. Why lie? Maybe he had a reason? Maybe he was just a hyperpartisan pos that refuses to follow the law because he hates democrats but otherwise did nothing wrong. Who knows?

But we need to at least investigate.

Congress is not supposed to do criminal investigations. That's DOJ. At least, until now.
That's not what they are doing..

Facepalm

Let me know when the J6 political circus has elevated their integrity to actually ask about this and even more actually does anything about it.

I'm skeptical that the J6 committee will do either.

Please, you can't see the forest for the trees.

Incase you hadn't noticed, DOJ just requested all their information.

There are suspicions about Pelosi. When do you think they will be asking her about the security around the Capitol? Mitch as well.

You actually think there is any basis to think that he was giving tours, the day before the attack, to people to help with the attack? First, it's a little crazy to think that, especially without any indication that it happened. Remember that. There is zero indication that this occurred, other than Democrats blurting it out and pointing fingers. But, the committee on unamerican activities is pulling people in on a whim.

How many years is this Jan 6 Panel ala witch hunt going to go on?

Is it taking so long because of irrelevant digging or because of obstructionist witnesses or grandstanding by both sides of the aisle or a combination of all of the above?
It's purpose is to damage Trump and try to salvage whatever the Democrats can of the coming election.

Anybody got a scorecard of anyone the committee HASN'T contacted? This investigation ala Mueller is getting silly; and not in a good way.

This committee has people that pushed the discredited Russian collusion lie, people on the Democrat impeachment team, and the worst liar of the worst, Adam Schiff. Lied about having evidence against Trump that showed he was a Russian operative, pushed the fake impeachment, and altered Jim Jordan's texts about the Capitol riot, and presented them as authentic. This guy is on a committee to supposedly find "truth". The last guy on Earth that should be involved.

Blah blah blah blah

Loudermilk’s a ****ing liar, and got caught lying.

And yet some here are dismissing his lying or shrugging their shoulders like it’s no big deal.

All these congressional Republicans refusing subpoenas - they're up to it to their dirty necks.

The Democrats are going to put on a great show in June. I think they should put in in documentary form, like Tucker's "false flag" bullshit. The difference is - every bit of what the Democrats are presenting is supported by evidence - texts and documents. It won't be like Benghazi, where Republicans just pulled bull out of their behinds.

If it's true, testify to it under oath. It's that simple.

Drip... drip... drip.

Many criminals are caught in this manner. Investigations tend to roll this way. Relax.
He can't relax. The conspiracy is unraveling and he's too invested.

OMG! is this nuthin booger still alive?

Let me know when the J6 political circus has elevated their integrity to actually ask about this and even more actually does anything about it.

I'm skeptical that the J6 committee will do either.

Trump and his allies pressuring state legislatures to reject the outcomes of their voters and name their own electors, Trump pressuring the DOJ to announce fraud when they found none, pressuring Pence to violate his constitutional duty, egging on the violent insurrection with a tweet about Pence betraying them, and refusing McCarthy's plea to stop the insurrection don't impress you?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…