• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jack Smith subpoenas Trump White House personnel aides as his team drills down on the firing of Chris Krebs...

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
No, seriously, do you supporters not get tired of these investigations into a total crook and criminal that will end the same way John Gotti's and Al Capone's trials ended?? Have you no shame??

Love the pictures. Trump looks like he just got honked at by an oncoming dump truck. Smith looks like he just heard a crook caught red-handed deny those were his very tiny hands. :) :) :)

This has every possibility of leading to an indictment of Trump since he's not President now and no longer has de facto legal immunity.

That said...the parallels to the coverage of the Mueller investigation are uncanny.

This has every possibility of leading to an indictment of Trump since he's not President now and no longer has de facto legal immunity.

That said...the parallels to the coverage of the Mueller investigation are uncanny.

You don’t think Garland will try and pull the “We will let the people decide.” card?

Jack Smith better have the goods on Trump if he wants to recommend indictment(s). It has to be much stronger than the Mueller report by a factor of 100.

You don’t think Garland will try and pull the “We will let the people decide.” card?
I don't have any unique insight or predictions. Although I know the differences between the Mueller investigation and this one are fairly legion, I'm just commenting on the coverage that creates a sense of breathlessness in both instances.

I don't have any unique insight or predictions. Although I know the differences between the Mueller investigation and this one are fairly legion, I'm just commenting on the coverage that creates a sense of breathlessness in both instances.

The media hasnt learned a single thing from the Mueller train wreck.

No, seriously, do you supporters not get tired of these investigations into a total crook and criminal that will end the same way John Gotti's and Al Capone's trials ended?? Have you no shame??

I wish I knew how to make deep fake videos. I was watching this scene yesterday and the idea of remaking it with defendant Trump placed in the role of Ike Clanton and Jack Smith (with his beard) in the role of Wyatt Earp.

The media hasnt learned a single thing from the Mueller train wreck.
Luckily, the Jack Smith investigation is not like the Mueller investigation that was a fraud perpetrated by trump and his DoJ just looking at a little of the issues.

Jack Smith better have the goods on Trump if he wants to recommend indictment(s). It has to be much stronger than the Mueller report by a factor of 100.
Mueller had the goods and made recommendations to indict however he did not have the authority to indict ....only to investigate. 7 recommendations to indict later tells us why the recommendations should have been
turned over to the the FBI instead of the house. Elected officials prosecuting themselves is a joke .... they do not have the authority to do so.

Kind of like leaving the crime of insider trading in the hands of the inside traders to prosecute themselves a
rather silly expectation.

It is.

Except, you failed to note the coverage wasn't incorrect. The evidence was overwhelming and led to indictments and convictions. It explicitly did not exonerate Trump and laid out the facts. Commentators, including myself, noted the difficulty in bringing a case while Trump was President, because of a badly reasoned AG opinion and the corruption of Bill Barr.

Garland is not corrupt, and Jack Smith is not a partisan hack like Durham. The result should be different.

I agree that Smith better have the goods but it looks like he is going after "state of mind" evidence. That suggests Smith has the goods in terms of a crime committed by Trump related to the 2020 election and is now going after evidence that could be used counter any arguments presented by the defense. Whatever, he better get at it.....the clock is ticking! I expect the documents indictment in June but this one is a lot trickier.

I agree that Smith better have the goods but it looks like he is going after "state of mind" evidence. That suggests Smith has the goods in terms of a crime committed by Trump related to the 2020 election and is now going after evidence that could be used counter any arguments presented by the defense. Whatever, he better get at it.....the clock is ticking! I expect the documents indictment in June but this one is a lot trickier.
I'm on record of May as indictment month, with one day to go, but this development probably spikes that. Soon, though. Very soon.

I'm on record of May as indictment month, with one day to go, but this development probably spikes that. Soon, though. Very soon.
Strikes me that a lot of what Smith is doing now could be done after the indictments to "seal the deal" but I'm not sure if prosecutorial investigations are affected by an indictment.

I don't think he will. I think Biden will quietly weigh in on the matter. No way the American people will put up with 'another Nixon' scenario.

Trump must go down for the crimes he has committed.

Luckily, the Jack Smith investigation is not like the Mueller investigation that was a fraud perpetrated by trump and his DoJ just looking at a little of the issues.

Mueller investigation was illegitimate?

I don't think he will. I think Biden will quietly weigh in on the matter. No way the American people will put up with 'another Nixon' scenario.

Trump must go down for the crimes he has committed.

He’s already working the election interference angle

Mueller could have indicted on at least a 1/2 dozen obstruction charges. He said so in his report. But the DOJ says we can't indict a sitting president.

Maybe Jack will surprise us all and include those with the other indictments. That would be a hoot.

Strikes me that a lot of what Smith is doing now could be done after the indictments to "seal the deal" but I'm not sure if prosecutorial investigations are affected by an indictment.
I agree. This is knitting up the edges. My biggest concern, frankly, is that there will be only one indictment, and that one solid case is delayed by a more difficult charge on the other offense. All-in-all, though, I think there are solid cases for obstruction in both cases. It's also possible that Smith has been granted an expansion of his original remit.

Mueller could have indicted on at least a 1/2 dozen obstruction charges. He said so in his report. But the DOJ says we can't indict a sitting president.

Maybe Jack will surprise us all and include those with the other indictments. That would be a hoot.
That thought had occurred to me as well.

Mueller investigation was illegitimate?
Yes.

Which needs some clarification.

Not all of it was wrong. They did some great investigation. But there were two fundamental frauds, from the political demand for it to investigate trump.

One is that it was prohibited from even recommending any criminal charges against trump no matter what it found. Second is that the areas of investigation were secretly very narrow.

Like the fraudulent Kavanaugh investigation, it was forced to happen at all, but designed to be a fraud, to be a false exoneration. Bill Barr helped ensure that by only issuing his misrepresentation of the report for several weeks.

Back
Top Bottom