• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Its wrong to use SEX in Advertizing

mixedmedia said:
Why yes, when you use Old Spice Power Stick Deodorant/Anti-Perspirant I will find you absolutely irresistable. ;)

What about the body wash, you can smell it for hours after using it.;)

independent_thinker2002 said:
What about the body wash, you can smell it for hours after using it.;)
Hey what happened to my clothes.....and how did I end up in bed in this fancy penthouse apartment with my hair all mussed up?

Ohhhhhh.....it's just the Old Spice Body Wash for Men effect.

Whew.....;)

I find sex in advertising very unfair to us stupid males.

we are driven by optics....we are not like girls.

You will not see a man going after an ugly girl rock star, but the girls go after ugly male rock stars all the time, because they are "moved"

Case in point Marilin Manson "priest in the church of Satan" he has boobs for goodness sakes...but the girls love his "CHARM" which comes from Lucifer, the greatest charmer of them all.

There is a reason Lucifer used eve to get to man.

Men and women are different...Sex in advertizing is bias against the male human being, and is like fishing with blood...which is illegal.

We have more concern for the stupid fish then we do for mankind and truth.

THIS IS OUR ACCOUNT AND WE WILL BE PAYING FOR IT!

Last edited:
Robodoon said:

You will not see a man going after an ugly girl rock star, but the girls go after ugly male rock stars all the time.

Men and women are different...Sex in advertizing is bias against the male human being, and is like fishing with blood...which is illegal.

We have more concern for the stupid fish then we do for mankind.

Dude, it's just advertising. Who cares? In the big scheme of things, do you really think it matters that much whether they use chicks in bikinis to sell beer? I mean come on. :roll:

Try a vacation from the one-man crusade against evil. You need to relax.

galenrox said:
How's it an evil thing to do? I really don't understand the connection. What's wrong with using sex in advertising?

Some girls in my Democracy Club at school got Abercrombie and Fitch to pull some product because of it's demeaming sexual content.

T-Shirts like "Who needs brains when you've got these?"

The girls made national headlines with the stuff.

mixedmedia said:
Dude, it's just advertising. Who cares? In the big scheme of things, do you really think it matters that much whether they use chicks in bikinis to sell beer? I mean come on. :roll:

Really it does, the media has a great effect on society.

How can you relax when everything you know is going away...I feel I need to try and tell people about it. Trends are trends....based in time...finishing in time...but most people are thinking for today. People in general are not looking in the scope they need to see the trends....

mixedmedia said:

lol Yeah! It's just advertising, it isn't going to emotionally traumatize people.

No offense Media but Old Spice really kind of sucks. I mean it's, "ok" for you know, mass market stuff that you find at supermarkets. But if you think that stuff smells good and whatnot, there are A LOT better stuff for men. I myself use the Art of Shaving, among other fine, high end products for men. Art of Shaving blows Old Spice out of the water, check it out:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=prod01069

If you compare the after shave by The Art of Shaving with Old Spice, it's just like comparing left over grizzle to Grade A prime rib, lol.

Robodoon said:
Now I see where you get it from. Kind of the same mindset as the Muslims. You lay your intellectual weakness and lack of mental fiber at the feet of women. It wouldn't surprise me if you also wanted them in Burkas so as not to tempt your obvious weak mind.

You are driven by optics. I like a fine looking gal as much as the next guy. But I also find intelligence and sence-o-humor a great turn on. Give me a fox that can give me a run for my money at Jeopardy and Chess all while going smack for smack and I'm done.

And we are not like girls. They put some emphasis on intelligence and humor also. But then you couldn't posisbly know that.

So you are dumb enough to buy a beer because of a bikini. We get it.

We have more concern for the stupid fish then we do for mankind and truth. THIS IS OUR ACCOUNT AND WE WILL BE PAYING FOR IT!

Are all your posts this brilliant?

Robodoon said:
Really it does, the media has a great effect on society.
Sure it does. And in the Victorian days a glimpse of stocking was very shocking. Yet, they still used beautiful women to sell things and very often, for their day, in a suggestive manner. It was the look on a woman's face that told the story back then. Check it out. So what time is it exactly that you want to go back to?

How can you relax when everything you know is going away...I feel I need to try and tell people about it. Trends are trends....based in time...finishing in time...but most people are thinking for today. People in general are not looking in the scope they need to see the trends....

What is "everything you know" if everything is already so ****ed up? Could it be that this "ideal" you pursue, which no one I have seen here shares, never existed and cannot exist in a free society? Does it bother you at all that the closest a community has come to exercising your worldview has been the Taliban? Think about it.

vanity35re.jpg

Here is an ad I scanned on from the new Vanity Fair magazine. I guess it is kind of controversial in its use of two women. Does anybody find this offensive? I don't, personally.

mixedmedia said:

Robo isn't on a crusade against evil. He has a problem with sex.

George_Washington said:
lol Yeah! It's just advertising, it isn't going to emotionally traumatize people.

No offense Media but Old Spice really kind of sucks. I mean it's, "ok" for you know, mass market stuff that you find at supermarkets. But if you think that stuff smells good and whatnot, there are A LOT better stuff for men. I myself use the Art of Shaving, among other fine, high end products for men. Art of Shaving blows Old Spice out of the water, check it out:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?cmCat=search&itemId=prod01069

If you compare the after shave by The Art of Shaving with Old Spice, it's just like comparing left over grizzle to Grade A prime rib, lol.

The Old Spice thing was just a joke, babe. :2wave:

mixedmedia said:
The Old Spice thing was just a joke, babe. :2wave:

Now I have to go buy new body wash!:rofl

independent_thinker2002 said:
Now I have to go buy new body wash!:rofl

Yeah dude try the Art of Shaving after shave. OMG it is the best smelling, best feeling after shave I've ever tried. It comes in three different flavors. The face wash is really nice and so is the shaving cream, of course. That's what they are most known for. The flagship boutique in New York serves many of Manhatten's upper crust. Famous actors and wealthy businessmen go there to get shaved every day.

George_Washington said:
Yeah dude try the Art of Shaving after shave. OMG it is the best smelling, best feeling after shave I've ever tried. It comes in three different flavors. The face wash is really nice and so is the shaving cream, of course. That's what they are most known for. The flagship boutique in New York serves many of Manhatten's upper crust. Famous actors and wealthy businessmen go there to get shaved every day.

Face wash. I am a guy! I don't use shaving cream 90% of the time. Do you work for this company? Sorry, I am a blue collar guy. I find the high-maintenance metrosexual fad amusing. Vanity is fun to watch. And how come so many people ruin their faces with bad eyebrow jobs?

P.S. I have never had any complaints with Drakkar.

George_Washington said:
vanity35re.jpg

Here is an ad I scanned on from the new Vanity Fair magazine. I guess it is kind of controversial in its use of two women. Does anybody find this offensive? I don't, personally.

Nice.

Careful though, robodoon's likely to blow a gasket when he sees that one.

What is of concern, IMHO,is the use of emaciated stick-insects in advertising. What that does to women is shocking.

Naughty Nurse said:
What is of concern, IMHO,is the use of emaciated stick-insects in advertising. What that does to women is shocking.

lol Dude, where have you been for the last 10 years? The vast majority of women that appear in ads aren't stick figures. It doesn't harm women in any way, that's absurd.

Back
Top Bottom