• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's time for Trump to concede and move on

I disagree. It will be determined over the evidence they present not public support. The Trump attorneys never expected to win many cases in District courts but on appeal take their cases before the Circuit courts. There they will present witnesses and evidence and that is when the people will learn exactly what that evidence looks like.
Some of the allegations Powell has made that are jaw dropping related to Dominion and other software are

• Joe Biden votes being "weighted" at 1.25 times and President Donald Trump votes being parsed at 3/4.
  • Algorithms that gave Democrats running for offices with 35,000 extra votes.
  • Modifications made to voting machines after statutory cutoff dates for changes.
  • Past election victories, including Hillary Clinton's primary victory over Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., being forced decided by Dominion Voting Systems.
  • Alleged pay-for-play kick backs to public officials, potentially even Georgia GOP Gov. Kemp for a late grant to use Dominion Voting Systems.
She is going to have to present witnesses that can testify to such things which she claims she has the goods to prove. According to her latest statements she is starting in Georgia this week.

Something happened a couple of days ago at the SC. There were new Circuit assignments for the Justices. Very interesting which Justice was assigned to which court when it pertains to states that are being challenged.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/circuitAssignments.aspx

You must know that I hope you are right, but I see all these lawsuits thrown out, one after another and imo, until then, I'm going to stand by what I wrote above.
I was listening to Allen Dershowitz this morning on Maria Bartiromo's morning show , and he said while he hasn't seen the evidence either, he does say he believes Trump might have two or three constitutional paths to victory.

Late ETA: Vesper, found what Dershowitz argued this morning on Maria's.

During an interview with Fox News's Maria Bartiromo on Sunday, Derschowitz, who defended Trump during his impeachment trial earlier this year, said there are a maximum of three "legal, constitutional paths" to victory. However, he added the president's legal team will face a variety of challenges that he thinks will likely prevent the results from being overturned.

"For example, in Pennsylvania, they have two very strong legal arguments. One, that the courts changed what the legislature did about counting ballots after the end of Election Day. That's a winning issue in the Supreme Court. I don't necessarily support it, but it's a winning issue in the Supreme Court," Dershowitz said on Sunday Morning Futures, adding, "They also have a winning issue in the Supreme Court on equal protection, that some counties flawed ballots to be cured while others didn't. Bush v. Gore suggests that an Equal Protection argument can prevail."

Dershowitz gave a caveat to the second argument, saying President-elect Joe Biden's vote lead may prevent Trump's team from contesting a sufficient number of ballots.

"The other legal theory they have, which is a potentially strong one, is that the computers, either fraudulently or by glitches, changed hundreds of thousands of votes. There, there are enough votes to make a difference, but I haven't seen the evidence to support that," the constitutional expert said. "So, in one case, they don't have the numbers. In another case, they don't seem yet to have the evidence, maybe they do. I haven't seen it. But the legal theory is there to support them if they have the numbers and they have the evidence."

Alan Dershowitz: Trump has two or three possible constitutional paths to 2020 victory (msn.com)

You must know that I hope you are right, but I see all these lawsuits thrown out, one after another and imo, until then, I'm going to stand by what I wrote above.
I was listening to Allen Dershowitz this morning on Maria Bartiromo's morning show , and he said while he hasn't seen the evidence either, he does say he believes Trump might have two or three constitutional paths to victory.

Late ETA: Vesper, found what Dershowitz argued this morning on Maria's.

Alan Dershowitz: Trump has two or three possible constitutional paths to 2020 victory (msn.com)
There are multiple cases involving multiple states where voting laws were changed by state secretaries or election boards without going through the state legislatures which are constitutional violations. There are other cases they claim to have evidence that violates equal protection laws. It is going to take a couple of weeks to learn what evidence they have. However, the media is demanding it end now. Someone needs to send them a memo to tell them they do not have the power to make that call.

I've been wondering if Trump is not conceding to illustrate the above point. He definitely is held to an entirely different standard; rules for thee but not for me.

Can we differentiate between the two? I assume you can tell the difference between a mountain and an ant hill?

One person lost by one state where less then 1000 votes and there was votes still to be counted. Oh yeah he conceded.

Trump is claiming frauds/conspiracy theories to try stay president where he needs 3 or 4 states to overturned the results with no evidence.

Please don't make the mistake that article writer makes. There is absolutely NO reason for the Trump campaign to present any evidence to the public. The public is not a party to their lawsuits. Public opinion will not affect the outcome of any lawsuits. Just because the Trump campaign won't detail their evidence in any public forum, that does NOT mean there is no evidence.

Instead of counseling giving up and conceding, I suggest you wait and see how it plays out.

Be prepared to add to your signature...He will win a second term..SLAP followed by a recount backhand slap followed by a court bit*h slap!
Don't bet against Obama's "right hand"

You have to explain this line of thought.

The concession speech has been time-honored tradition and respecting the office of the presidency. I can't think of a single major political candidate that didn't give a concession speech after losing the election. Can you?

Why fight on, when you have no case and are simply lying to the American people and completely like a complete fool?
To damage opponent, and vent petulance.

There are multiple cases involving multiple states where voting laws were changed by state secretaries or election boards without going through the state legislatures which are constitutional violations. There are other cases they claim to have evidence that violates equal protection laws. It is going to take a couple of weeks to learn what evidence they have. However, the media is demanding it end now. Someone needs to send them a memo to tell them they do not have the power to make that call.
Boo hoo

T/Y, but trust me when I also ask, do want to review some silliness and denial? Look to how the left behaved for the last four years! Some might call it evil rather than silly. They never accepted Trump as the president. Disgraceful how they behaved!
Do not misunderstand. I am still a Trump supporter. I'm just saying it's time for Trump to NOT act like THEM. He needs to put his energy toward helping the senate keep their majority. He needs to finish his term not as a poor loser like the Democrats did when it came to Hillary and her cabal of misfits.

On another note, Joe Biden barely won despite how his cheerleaders pretend it was a landslide, the Democrats lost House seats, and the Republicans retain the majority in the senate. Not all that big of a victory for the Democrats if you ask me.

You're right it is not that big a victory. One almost gets the feeling that absent the coronavirus, Biden quite likely might have lost. Luckily for the Biden Campaign but sadly for the country, President Trump's ineptitude in handling the virus is probably what did him in.

I see few parallels with the Dems constant Monday Morning Quarterbacking since Clinton lost and Trumps stubborn refusal to concede in the face of numbers that just don't lie, but it must look similar to those who felt bruise by the constant attacks against him. It's still good to see not all of his supporters buy his 'rigged, fraud, cheated' excuse or his attempts to undermine the democratic process.

The only reason the left wants him to concede is that they are afraid he's right.

Or because the numbers clearly show he lost the popular vote by 6 million votes and the electoral college by 6 states. there's no way he can be 'right' about not losing those anymore. It's done, and he gets to look at Biden's inaugural stage being built across the street from 1600.

Or because the numbers clearly show he lost the popular vote by 6 million votes and the electoral college by 6 states. there's no way he can be 'right' about not losing those anymore. It's done, and he gets to look at Biden's inaugural stage being built across the street from 1600.

No, the numbers do not show that, and there is a process that has to be worked out. You dont mind if we work through the legal process, do you?

Parting ways with most of the Trump supporters who think there was election fraud. It's crystal clear that there is no evidence. Supposedly, Trump's legal team has it and will prove their case in a court of law within the next two weeks, but it seems highly doubtful that any of their evidence will amount to a hill of beans.

I watched the damn left parading their wares, still parading their wares, and hatefully pretending Trump wasn't legitimately elected, blah, blah, and more blah for the last four years. I'm not going to be like them. Biden won. Time to give him a chance to succeed because if I personally don't want him to succeed, I want my country to fail. I'm not in that camp.

Though I didn't vote for Trump, (for my own personal reasons), I gave him every chance to prove me wrong. He did in the ways that I think is important for the country to go forward; the judicial SC picks, the economy, ending wars, and putting the needs of American workers first. He made mistakes and he triumphed despite a huge orchestrated wall of resistance up against him, but let's not also pretend that his predecessor or successor didn't or won't make mistakes.

I'll leave you with this editorial authored by The Washington Examiner that explains why President Trump should now move on, and concede. To me it's about putting all efforts forth on the GA. senate race...

All comments welcome.

Interesting. You want him to succeed? What does a Biden 'success' look like?

The only reason the left wants him to concede is that they are afraid he's right.
lol...maybe the "Left" wants someone to do something besides golf while 2000 people per day die from the Trump Virus.

Pretty much the opposite of the carnage Trump left behind. Of course, you might have to flip channels to see that 2000 people per day are now dying from the virus Trump said was a hoax.

trump's only accomplishment is tax cuts for rich people. The only reason he was able to cut taxes on rich people is the republican congress wanted to cut taxes for rich people too.

Everything else he did was by executive order and Joe will undo all of trump's damage on Joe's first day in office.

Stacking the supreme court is not going to be as much in your favor as you hope. At the end of the day the law is the law.
My taxes went down and I make far below 6 figures in retirement. That's not rich

No, the numbers do not show that, and there is a process that has to be worked out. You don't mind if we work through the legal process, do you?

Who's we? Am I talking to one of Trump's legal team? I'm more than happy to sit back and watch the president lose the same election over and over through recounts and failed court bids. That's not really the 'process' because there's no real dispute - it's just Donnie grabbing at straws.

But he's already setting himself up to keep fleecing his supporters, so I guess he'll still be around:

Who's we? Am I talking to one of Trump's legal team? I'm more than happy to sit back and watch the president lose the same election over and over through recounts and failed court bids. That's not really the 'process' because there's no real dispute - it's just Donnie grabbing at straws.

But he's already setting himself up to keep fleecing his supporters, so I guess he'll still be around:

And he has the email addresses of all the idiots who played. I relish the thought of their inboxes being bombarded by Trump's solicitations for years to come.

Pretty much the opposite of the carnage Trump left behind. Of course, you might have to flip channels to see that 2000 people per day are now dying from the virus Trump said was a hoax.
So, like Biden, you have no specific metrics defining what a Biden success will look like?

So, like Biden, you have no specific metrics defining what a Biden success will look like?
So, not killing 2000 people per day is not good enough for you. OK.

So, not killing 2000 people per day is not good enough for you. OK.
So how exactly will Biden accomplish this? He can control life and death? Amazing

And he has the email addresses of all the idiots who played. I relish the thought of their inboxes being bombarded by Trump's solicitations for years to come.

Sadly they'll love it and they'll pay to see him run again. If he succeeds in a bid for Trump TV or ownership of OANN or something, he'll become the mouthpiece of the right, and the old conservatives will never get those voters back. If he can string that base along for four more years he'll probably come back and clinch the GOP nomination again. Then the party is truly dead.

So how exactly will Biden accomplish this? He can control life and death? Amazing

You're kinda right. It's probably a bit hopeful for Biden to get 70 million Trump followers to social distance and wear masks; or to coordinate Red States in a concentrated effort to fight a national healthcare crisis.

Trump could though. With a wave of his hand.

And he has missed every opportunity to do so. Just yesterday he skipped a G-20 Covid summit to play golf. That is an utter failure of leadership.

At least Biden - anyone actually - would f***ing try.

As the old joke goes, somewhere in a parallel universe President Hillary is facing multiple Senate hearings over 10,000 coronavirus deaths.

Can we differentiate between the two? I assume you can tell the difference between a mountain and an ant hill?

One person lost by one state where less then 1000 votes and there was votes still to be counted. Oh yeah he conceded.

Trump is claiming frauds/conspiracy theories to try stay president where he needs 3 or 4 states to overturned the results with no evidence.

Supposedly Trump's legal team does have evidence that hasn't been made public as of yet. We'll see what they have, I would imagine soon?

🤷‍♀️

No need for the above snark. The Democratic Party's outrage was all about making a mountain out of a molehill. They never came up with the proof for their moronic allegations.

I don't know. You tell me.
I'll tell you what it isn't... Pretending he didn't win fair and square, pretending he cheated to rob Trump of the win like the left pretended Trump stole the election from Hillary, because he was compromised by Putin.

Back
Top Bottom