• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It was a "mistake"

I suspect that there was more to it than that. Biden's first offer to Zelensky was asylum so even this administration assumed that he'd fold.
Naw, I think that was Biden shooting from the hip.

Russia ****ed this up from the get-go. No infantry to screen the tanks, no integral fuel trucks for vehicles, an absolutely shit plan for food and medical supplies.

I think Putin just thought that the Ukraine would be easy.

Interestingly enough, his defense minister has been absent with "ill health" for the last few days.

Who was going to tell Putin the truth? If it’s true that the defense money was being pocketed who was gonna tell him this was a bad idea? Logistics and past military history, (the weather and the mud,) you would think someone would have said, “boss, we might should rethink this plan.”

They probably threw up their hands and said, “what’s the worst that could happen?”
That's another huge factor. Indemic corruption makes it really hard to get an accurate assessment of whatever it is you're evaluating.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/24/put...s-his-biggest-mistake-and-weakens-russia.html

With all due respect to the "analysts" and the author of the article, invading Ukraine was not a "mistake". It was planned. It was intentional. It's ongoing.

It IS NOT a mistake, political or otherwise.
Depends what they meant by mistake.

It certainly looks to me that Russia would have been better off if they didn't invade Ukraine, so in that sense, planning and carrying out the invasion was a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom