• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Launches Retaliatory Strikes Against Iran

Very typical.

Hamas launches a terrorist attack targeting 1500 people...many are killed, raped, mutilated...and many still held hostage. Israel responds...and the Jew hating bigots say...Israel is killing Palestinians!
Iran sponsors terrorists and finances terrorist actions...Israel takes out Iranian military officials that coordinate strikes against Israel....and the Jew hating bigots say "Israel is evil!!! they are attacking Iran!
Iran launches 300+ drones and missiles from within their border AT Israel...Israel responds striking back...and the Jew hating bigots scream ISRAEL is ESCALATING THE WAR".

Meanwhile...those same Jew hating bigots deliberately dont give a **** about any of the other wars and deaths occurring on other parts of the ME and Africa....because...well....they are Jew hating bigots.

You really need a history lesson.
Israel tried being the patsy and turning the other cheek when attacked for years. It only emboldens Iran.

Maybe someday you can characterize Israel as the aggressor but clearly with overwhelming military superiority that could literally turn Iran into a glass parking lot, the are still exercising great restraint.

This began in the 50’s. The latest episode was initiated by Biden giving Iran money they used to fund Hamas - who then killed and captured innocent people.

The rest is tit for tat escalations. If Iran doesn’t stop poking the bear someday you’ll get that war . Not a good outcome for anyone if that happens.

True there would be consequences. But there are other ways to destroy Iran short of Nukes. Iran getting in bed with Russia and China and even North Korea to gain the upper hand would not end well either. All of those ties have been happening for quite some time.

At some point the adults have stand up and put an end to this once and for all. Consequences be damned.
Incorrect, it began a few days ago. Before that, Israel was only at war with Hamas.

So it has nothing to do with Iranian aspirations to make their Shi'ite theocratic ideology the ruler of the region, right? You are very naive.

No, I'm educated. You are just scared.

Iranian aspirations are absolutely about a Shi'a hegemony in the region. And it has absolutely taken advantage of the mess that America made with Iraq and the later Arab Spring. This is all documented fact. But none of this means that it gave the order for Hamas to do a stupid and senseless attack in October. What did it achieve? Hamas is a wreck, tens of thousands of Palestinians are dead, and Iran got it's assets re-froze. So, what in this makes sense to you if Iran's goal is to create a hegemony? It's entire foreign policy was upended with that attack.

You are the one being naïve. The idea that Khameini just picked up the phone, called Hamas, and told them to attack in October is Israeli propaganda. And attacking the Iranian consulate in Syria was about pulling America in.

Are you exposed to any information about what was the military advantage of that strike? Didn't think so. But it's always nice to just make facts up that are in complete alignment with our world views.

You are exposed to all the information you need. If you can't make sense of it, don't assume that your government has some sort of grand plan that's just above your abilities. You only insult yourself by doing this. That attack, on the consulate, was about antagonizing Iran and pulling America closer after all of this Gaza crap. I'm sure the request for more funds to beef up Israel's defenses is on a desk somewhere.

This game that Israel keeps playing is not in your best interests.

Hezbollah and Hamas are Iranian proxy. As long as Iran controls them, funds them, trains them, arms them, and sends its generals to advise on the tactics and attacks - Iran is the no.1 enemy.

But Iran does not control them. This is a historical fact. None of these terrorist organizations, whether Sunni or Shi'a, are "controlled." They receive funding, but their activity is their own. The way to stop organizations like Hamas is to dry up the funding, which is exactly what America did with the Arab countries. It was exactly what America was on the path to doing with Iran until Netanyahu joined with Republicans to insist that Trump walk away from the Iran Deal. Now, Iran is back to looking at building a nuke and is much closer to Russia and China.

Do you begin to see, at all, how this stupid game is not in your best interest? Israel is going to get you and yours killed.

Incorrect, it began a few days ago. Before that, Israel was only at war with Hamas.
.....?

Israel has had to evacuate 80,000 people from the northern border zones because Lebanese Hizballah has been shooting rockets across the border since Oct '23, and the Houthi in Yemen have been shooting at the southern portion of Israel and Israeli-associated vessels since about the same time. Shia militia groups in Iraq and Syria have also been firing into Israel. All of those are actively supported by Iran in doing so.

Israel has been fighting a multifront conflict, all against Iranian proxies and partners, since last year.

Very typical.

Hamas launches a terrorist attack targeting 1500 people...many are killed, raped, mutilated...and many still held hostage. Israel responds...and the Jew hating bigots say...Israel is killing Palestinians!

That didn't happen until Israel's retaliation began turning into civilian massacre.

I know you like to play the obtuse tough guy for Israel, but if your neighbor hits your kid and trashes your car, you don't roll through the neighborhood hitting anybody you want while demolishing their homes because your neighbor is hiding in somebody's yard. Months later, it might be time to reign you in.

Of course, if you are Jewish, anybody that does tell you to cool out would just be a "Jew hating bigot," huh? Let me know when Israel has a star on the American flag. Until then, your allegiance to this client-state is just sad.

Very typical.

If black people decided that any attack from the KKK meant they could target random white people, we'd say they were wrong for doing so. This is exactly what Israel has done. Hamas did a horrendous attack on Israel. Israel attacked Palestinians, who were not involved in the attack. That's wrong and should be condemned. That has nothing to do with hating Jews.
Iran sponsors terrorists and finances terrorist actions...Israel takes out Iranian military officials that coordinate strikes against Israel....and the Jew hating bigots say "Israel is evil!!! they are attacking Iran!
Iran launches 300+ drones and missiles from within their border AT Israel...Israel responds striking back...and the Jew hating bigots scream ISRAEL is ESCALATING THE WAR".
Iran did not coordinate any strikes against Israel by Hamas. To say otherwise is a lie. Therefore, if Israel attacks Iran for something they had no voice or control over, is an act of war with Iran proper.
Meanwhile...those same Jew hating bigots deliberately dont give a **** about any of the other wars and deaths occurring on other parts of the ME and Africa....because...well....they are Jew hating bigots.
This goto of Jewish hatred is tiresome. Please find a better path of distraction.

All of those are actively supported by Iran in doing so.

Support for the groups is not the same thing as commanding the groups. The October attack was counter to Iran's regional goal. If creating a Shi'a hegemony in the region is the goal (it is), and obliterating Israel (mostly all tired rhetoric), how did October's stupidity advance this? Iran is not North Korea. Iran is a rational player (for now).

Funding these groups is not the same thing as directing their conduct. Iran does demonstrate a good measure of control over Shia militias in Syria and Iraq. But when it comes to Hamas and Hezbollah, they have virtually always been autonomous. And they are irrational players.

Iran had just seen $6B of their assets unfrozen and moved to Qatar. Iran had the ability to use that for its humanitarian and medical needs. Directly after Hamas attacked, those assets were re-frozen. Do we think that Iran wasn't aware of the repercussions of ordering an attack in October? Iran did not want Hamas to attack Israel. It makes no sense. And now...there really is no more Hamas. Just a splintered, wrecked organization that will never govern Gaza again. How is that in Iran's best interests?

Israel has been fighting a multifront conflict, all against Iranian proxies and partners, since last year.

And what did attacking the Iranian consulate in Syria accomplish? The entire purpose was about pulling America closer to their conflict and grooming more friction between the US and Iran. Israel knew Iran would have to retaliate. Did it care that this might have meant dead Israelis? Nope. Netanyahu has long demonstrated to be a loose cannon who is more interested in the old game.

Maybe it's time for Israel to deal with its own problems for a change.

Last edited:
.....?

Israel has had to evacuate 80,000 people from the northern border zones because Lebanese Hizballah has been shooting rockets across the border since Oct '23, and the Houthi in Yemen have been shooting at the southern portion of Israel and Israeli-associated vessels since about the same time. Shia militia groups in Iraq and Syria have also been firing into Israel. All of those are actively supported by Iran in doing so.

Ok, I wasn't aware of that.

That didn't happen until Israel's retaliation began turning into civilian massacre.

I know you like to play the obtuse tough guy for Israel, but if your neighbor hits your kid and trashes your car, you don't roll through the neighborhood hitting anybody you want while demolishing their homes because your neighbor is hiding in somebody's yard. Months later, it might be time to reign you in.

Of course, if you are Jewish, anybody that does tell you to cool out would just be a "Jew hating bigot," huh? Let me know when Israel has a star on the American flag. Until then, your allegiance to this client-state is just sad.
Its a bitch when your enemy uses its civilians as human shields. I bet you were all broke up over the Allied actions to defeat Hitler and Tojo as well.

****ing fascists....amiright?

If black people decided that any attack from the KKK meant they could target random white people, we'd say they were wrong for doing so. This is exactly what Israel has done. Hamas did a horrendous attack on Israel. Israel attacked Palestinians, who were not involved in the attack. That's wrong and should be condemned. That has nothing to do with hating Jews.

Iran did not coordinate any strikes against Israel by Hamas. To say otherwise is a lie. Therefore, if Israel attacks Iran for something they had no voice or control over, is an act of war with Iran proper.

This goto of Jewish hatred is tiresome. Please find a better path of distraction.
Every time one of you 'people' respond you always ignore the party of the first.

Not shocking for Jew hating bigots though.

Amen!

I pray Biden is smart enough to back away from Israel's aggression. We don't need to get involved. If Israel wants a fight, let them have it, without America's help.

Biden is as trapped in the mess as every single President before him was. Until the American population sours on Israel's propaganda, the Israeli Lobby will continue to push and pull American foreign policy to its benefit.

Its a bitch when your enemy uses its civilians as human shields.

It happens. Blowing a hole through the civilian is not the answer.

I bet you were all broke up over the Allied actions to defeat Hitler and Tojo as well.

****ing fascists....amiright?

World War II was a different type of war. Are you an Israeli or an American? You should figure out the difference.

Every time one of you 'people' respond you always ignore the party of the first.

Not shocking for Jew hating bigots though.

So boring.

I wonder if the fancy-free attitude about Israel massacring civilians has anything to do with being a Muslim-hating bigot? I mean, if one can't criticize clear and obvious unprofessional conduct in America's name without being a "Jew hating bigot," surely the celebration of tens of thousands of dead civilians is all about being a Muslim-hating bigot, right?

You should change the record.

Biden is as trapped in the mess as every single President before him was. Until the American population sours on Israel's propaganda, the Israeli Lobby will continue to push and pull American foreign policy to its benefit.
I honestly think Biden has set up the situation to back away from Israel this time. He's publicly asked Israel not to respond.

Bibi Just Flat Out Ignored Biden’s Warning Not to Bomb Iran

Despite the huge show of military support, Biden warned Netanyahu that the U.S. would have no part in any retaliatory strike against Tehran. He also cautioned against seeking vengeance at all, instead reportedly encouraging Bibi to “take the win” of preventing Iran’s strike causing widespread death and destruction.

It happens. Blowing a hole through the civilian is not the answer.

World War II was a different type of war. Are you an Israeli or an American? You should figure out the difference.
Right...because the Jews.........

You arent hard to figure out.

So boring.

I wonder if the fancy-free attitude about Israel massacring civilians has anything to do with being a Muslim-hating bigot? I mean, if one can't criticize clear and obvious unprofessional conduct in America's name without being a "Jew hating bigot," surely the celebration of tens of thousands of dead civilians is all about being a Muslim-hating bigot, right?

You should change the record.
Hamas launched a terrorist attack that Israel responded to Hamas killed men women and children...brutalized men...raped and killed women, tortured and burned babies.
Israel responded.

You sit with your thumb up your ass never speaking a word when Hamas and Hezbollah and the other Iranian backed terrorist organizations launch their near DAILY missile attacks into Israel. LITERALLY the only time people like you crawl out from under your rocks to shit yourself over people that...BTW...would shit on your very existence....is when Israel has finally had enough and responds.

That's the finally irony...isn it? The ONLY TIME you respond is when people that would kill you for existing on their streets 'suffer' from the retaliation from the Israelis. You literally couldnt give a **** about the Muslims dying in other parts of the world....

Because you hate Jews.

I honestly think Biden has set up the situation to back away from Israel this time. He's publicly asked Israel not to respond.

Bibi Just Flat Out Ignored Biden’s Warning Not to Bomb Iran

Netanyahu knows that he can do whatever he wants because the Israel Lobby has Republicans and most Democrats locked down. Biden was foolish to make a public demand of Israel. As long as Israel has that Jedi mind control over idiot America, Biden can't do anything about this belligerent client-state.

This whole situation might be different today had Republicans not walked away from the Iran Deal. Getting Iran to play ball is the only way to back it off of Israel.

Hamas launched a terrorist attack...

Yes.

... that Israel responded to...

Yes.

Hamas killed men women and children...brutalized men...raped and killed women, tortured and burned babies.

Yes. And Israel thanks you for supporting it as it slaughters, tortures, burns, and starves out tens of thousands of women and children. I guess only Jewish babies matter.

You sit with your thumb up your ass never speaking a word when Hamas and Hezbollah and the other Iranian backed terrorist organizations launch their near DAILY missile attacks into Israel.

Why would I? I care about Hamas about as much as I care about Israel. Neither are an American ally. Both are pains in the asses that America has to deal with. But Israel always makes everything worse for America. And it's you ignores all until it becomes cheerleader time. It is YOU who could not care less about Israeli settlements in the West Bank or repression in Gaza, which infuriates and antagonize responses. No, you remain silent until you can cheer on dead Muslims. Then it's all about Israel's right to starve, burn, and slaughter tens of thousands of women and children.

I, on the other hand, care about America. I care about our never-ending $3.3B in grants every year to Israel. I care that Americans are blamed for whatever Israel does in America's name. I care that it is Americans who die in terrorist attacks because of Israel's conduct. I care about those American Troops that have been attacked and killed in Jordan and Syria recently because of how Israel responded. I guess if those Troops were Jewish you might care. It's about your love and devotion to Jews that Israel matters to you, right? I mean, if critics just hate Jews, your support is only because you love Jews?

You literally couldnt give a **** about the Muslims dying in other parts of the world....

Again, why would I? Is America blamed for Muslims dying in other parts of the world? This isn't hard to understand.

Because you hate Jews.

This, from a guy who votes Republican, a Party that hosts neo-Nazis and Christian anti-Semites across the country. This is why you should change the record. Erroneous, tired, and transparent.

Last edited:
No, I'm educated. You are just scared.
That's not 'educated', that's full of bollocks.
And I'm not 'scared', I see through your crap.
It's all different things.
Iranian aspirations are absolutely about a Shi'a hegemony in the region. And it has absolutely taken advantage of the mess that America made with Iraq and the later Arab Spring. This is all documented fact. But none of this means that it gave the order for Hamas to do a stupid and senseless attack in October.
So you think Hamas planned its biggest move ever for two years and the party that controls, funds, trains and guides it didn't have anything to do with it.
Like I said, you're very naive.
What did it achieve?
What does every other act of terror the Iranian regime is behind achieve?
What did the 1992 bombing in Buenos Aires achieve?
You need to get your act together, it's like you're from another planet.
You are exposed to all the information you need.
No I'm not, I have no idea what that general and his deputy and those other officials were planning in the immediate future.
I don't assume stuff I don't know just because it aligns with my world views.
But Iran does not control them.
Iran is not a democracy. It doesn't fund, train, arm and guide a terrorist organization that it doesn't control.
Repeat after me: Hamas is an Iranian proxy.

Very typical.

Spoken by someone who has doesn't just come into this thread with mass disinformation, but hasn't even read the posts in the thread he's participating in.

.....?

It must be antisemitism. Poor, poor Israel.

So you think Hamas planned its biggest move ever for two years and the party that controls, funds, trains and guides it didn't have anything to do with it.

Yep. It makes no sense that Iran would sacrifice $6B in aid money over this stupid attack. Make sense of it. You can't. You simply rely on the same, tired Israeli propaganda which paints Iran as an irrational player in the game.

But odd how Hamas planned its "biggest move ever for two years".....and Israeli Intelligence had no clue, huh? I mean, right across the border in an Israeli-controlled territory? The CIA knew what al-Qaeda was doing half way around the world. In the meantime, Israel is all about knowing everything about Iranian nuclear progress, three countries away, despite so much of the Intel being false. See how the whole Iranian-ordered Hamas attack narrative doesn't quite add up to what your government is telling you?

And let's not forget that Netanyahu wanted America to rip up the Iran Deal, which re-opened the door to an Iranian nuke. Make sense of that yet? You might want to start learning about these issues beyond the rhetoric. At least then you could make sense of things when they go down.

Like I said, you're very naive.

Still funny.

No I'm not, I have no idea what that general and his deputy and those other officials were planning in the immediate future.

Oh, but I thought Iran plans and executes. So, not Mullahs. Now its at the General level? Keep moving down until you get to Hamas, which follows its own Charter with Iranian funds. As long as its causing trouble for the "cause" Iran is hands off. Of course, according to you, this stupid and senseless October attack was worth $6B to Iran. Makes perfect sense in your head.

Last edited:
Been reading reports of the Israeli strike on Isfahan. It was actually pretty smart on the Israelis part. They have now proven two things.

1) Iran can launch 300+ missiles/drones at Israel and it will be ineffective.
2 ) Israel can strike into the heart of Iran (Isfahan is where the nuclear facilities are) with impunity.

The Iranian mullahs now know that Israel could wipe them out at will.

Back
Top Bottom