• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel just banned the UNWRA from delivering food aid to Northern Gaza; now what?

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
The United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, Unrwa, said on Sunday that Israel had definitively barred it from making aid deliveries in northern Gaza, where the threat of famine is highest.
“This is outrageous & makes it intentional to obstruct lifesaving assistance during a man made famine.”
No reason for the decision was given, Touma said.

So like...are they even pretending there is a plan? Yeah, some other agencies deliver aid like the Palestinian Red Crescent, but the UNWRA did the bulk of it. No other agency is prepared to step in and fill that gap right now. And why only northern Gaza?

Israel is being very quite about their reasoning for doing this for some reason.

No more food for Hamas to steal.

So like...are they even pretending there is a plan? Yeah, some other agencies deliver aid like the Palestinian Red Crescent, but the UNWRA did the bulk of it. No other agency is prepared to step in and fill that gap right now. And why only northern Gaza?

Israel is being very quite about their reasoning for doing this for some reason.
Good. Until the terrorists surrender they can go hungry

No more food for Hamas to steal.
Good. Until the terrorists surrender they can go hungry
If you believe Israel, they are saying they have taken control of and killed the majority of Hamas in the area they banned food going to.

So, again, it doesn't make any sense. Like just going off of and 100% believing what Israel themselves are saying it makes no sense and they provided no reason for their decision either.

If you believe Israel, they are saying they have taken control of and killed the majority of Hamas in the area they banned food going to.

So, again, it doesn't make any sense. Like just going off of and 100% believing what Israel themselves are saying it makes no sense and they provided no reason for their decision either.
Why do you want free food for terrorists?

I have to pay for my food. Why should Hamas get it for free?

Why do you want free food for terrorists?

I have to pay for my food. Why should Hamas get it for free?
Hey sorry you must have missed the part of my post where Israel claims northern Gaza is cleared of Hamas. This is food aid for refugees.

Stop dealing with terrorist sympathizers like UNWRA.

Ok that's good and everything but like what is the plan to make sure the 300,000~ Palestinians still in northern Gaza don't starve to death.

And they haven't stopped dealing with them. They are still delivering the majority of aid. They are only blocking them from delivering food aid to northern Gaza specifically.

Hey sorry you must have missed the part of my post where Israel claims northern Gaza is cleared of Hamas. This is food aid for refugees.
Is “refugee” now what we’re calling terrorists?

Ok that's good and everything but like what is the plan to make sure the 300,000~ Palestinians still in northern Gaza don't starve to death.
Full unconditional surrender by the Palestinians, and permission for a long occupation and forced reeducation of their children to renounce terrorism.

Full unconditional surrender by the Palestinians, and permission for a long occupation and forced reeducation of their children to renounce terrorism.
The 300,000 people in northern Gaza aren't a government. They can't surrender. They are just 300,000 people that happen to be in the northern part of Gaza. And Gaza isn't just Palestinians. It doesn't even make sense for an ethnic group to surrender what does that even mean. Hamas can surrender.

But I'm asking what the plan is hear to make sure 300,000 people don't starve to death or why this was even done when Israel claims that area has been cleared of Hamas.

Is “refugee” now what we’re calling terrorists?
You think that there are 300,000 terrorists in northern Gaza? How big do you think Hamas is exactly?

Easy. Have an agency that isn't riddled with terrorists do it.

The 300,000 people in northern Gaza aren't a government. They can't surrender. They are just 300,000 people that happen to be in the northern part of Gaza. And Gaza isn't just Palestinians. It doesn't even make sense for an ethnic group to surrender what does that even mean. Hamas can surrender.

But I'm asking what the plan is hear to make sure 300,000 people don't starve to death or why this was even done when Israel claims that area has been cleared of Hamas.

You think that there are 300,000 terrorists in northern Gaza? How big do you think Hamas is exactly?
HAMAS has a 70% approval rating in Gaza, so probably.

Easy. Have an agency that isn't riddled with terrorists do it.
Ok. But that doesn't magically happen. Having the resources to transport enough food for 300,000 people through a warzone doesn't just materialize. The people in northern Gaza are already at the greatest risk of starvation.

Have the IDF do it for all I care. But right now NOBODY is doing it.

And if the UNWRA is the problem then why did they only ban then sending FOOD to the one area where they claim Hamas has been mostly cleared out? The UNWRA is still allowed to send food to Rafah and other places Hamas controls. But not the place Hamas doesn't control? How does that make any sense?

In its January 26 ruling, the ICJ charged Israel to allow entry of adequate humanitarian aid for civilians in Gaza. This hasn’t happened, and I believe at least one country is referring Israel’s disregard of this order to the ICJ. Numerous NGOs operating in Gaza have issued warnings on the dire conditions civilians in Gaza are facing.

The EU Foreign Minister Borrell, and others, have complained that Israel has not provided documentation regarding their allegations that UNRWA is involved with Hamas fighters, and subsequently the EU is resuming funding of that organization. Canada as well, plus other individual European nations.

If I were a cynical person, I might think that Israel is banning UNRWA deliveries because its campaign against that organization has not been as successful as hoped. As the most effective supplier of humanitarian aid to Gaza, Israel is aware of the catastrophic conditions that will occur with a ban on UNRWA aid deliveries.

In its January 26 ruling, the ICJ charged Israel to allow entry of adequate humanitarian aid for civilians in Gaza. This hasn’t happened, and I believe at least one country is referring Israel’s disregard of this order to the ICJ. Numerous NGOs operating in Gaza have issued warnings on the dire conditions civilians in Gaza are facing.

The EU Foreign Minister Borrell, and others, have complained that Israel has not provided documentation regarding their allegations that UNRWA is involved with Hamas fighters, and subsequently the EU is resuming funding of that organization. Canada as well, plus other individual European nations.

If I were a cynical person, I might think that Israel is banning UNRWA deliveries because its campaign against that organization has not been as successful as hoped. As the most effective supplier of humanitarian aid to Gaza, Israel is aware of the catastrophic conditions that will occur with a ban on UNRWA aid deliveries.

The UNRWA was directly assisting Hamas. I mean, shit, at this point it wouldn't surprise me if Biden flies a C-5 over Rafah to drop a load of rifles and ammunition all boxed up in UN Blue crates labeled "Food and Medicine".

World Central Kitchen would be a worthwhile organization to take over.

Back
Top Bottom