• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Isolated as UN Security Council Demands Immediate Ceasefire in Gaza

It has nothing to do with anti Jewish bias, just like the boy who cried wolf story has nothing to do with anti boy bias.

Lots of hewish people, in fact, react the same way to Netanyahus claims, are thise Jewish people anti semetic?

Just stop.

This kind of nonsense helps real anti semites
"This kind of nonsense helps real anti semites"

Good point.

They seemed antisemitic because Netanyahu's version of something was not taken as gospel truth.

THAT is your standard for "antisemitism".

That is ludicrous. And not correct, of course. Disagreeing with a politician does not automatically reflect antisemitism, anti-Catholic bigotry, misogyny, anti-Black racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-gay bigotry, or anything of a similar ilk.
No, the posts are antisemitic because they assume that he is lying without providing a shred of solid evidence.
Jewish version, bad

Have you ever lied?
Yes or no
Did Biden lie when he said he would defeat Covid?
Yes or no

Yes, everyone lies. But if I am going to accuse someone of lying I will be damn sure I have proof to support my accusation. Just because someone has lied in the past doesn’t mean they are currently lying.
But if you accuse someone of antisemitism, you aren't "damn sure" you have "proof to support" your accusation.

It has nothing to do with anti Jewish bias, just like the boy who cried wolf story has nothing to do with anti boy bias.

Lots of jewish people, in fact, react the same way to Netanyahus claims, are those Jewish people anti semetic?

Just stop.

This kind of nonsense helps real anti semites
Irrelevant
Here’s the bottom line: do you have solid proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments?
Yes or no

No, the posts are antisemitic because they assume that he is lying without providing a shred of solid evidence.
Jewish version, bad
Post #327

So, if you disagree with something Biden says, and you fail to provide convincing, credible proof that Biden lied, you're guilty of anti-Catholic bigotry.

Right?

But if you accuse someone of antisemitism, you aren't "damn sure" you have "proof to support" your accusation.
I said your posts seem antisemitic to me. I didn’t say YOU are antisemitic. I don’t know you.

I said your posts seem antisemitic to me. I didn’t say YOU are antisemitic. I don’t know you.
Wrong poster.

You're not so good with details. Perhaps you should reconsider posting on a political chat group.

They seemed antisemitic because Netanyahu's version of something was not taken as gospel truth.

THAT is your standard for "antisemitism".

That is ludicrous. And not correct, of course. Disagreeing with a politician does not automatically reflect antisemitism, anti-Catholic bigotry, misogyny, anti-Black racism, anti-Asian racism, anti-gay bigotry, or anything of a similar ilk.
Ethel isn't listening; he has an opinion from which he will not be swayed.

Post #327

So, if you disagree with something Biden says, and you fail to provide convincing, credible proof that Biden lied, you're guilty of anti-Catholic bigotry.

Right?
This has nothing to do with the president’s religion. Try to focus.

Wrong poster.

You're not so good with details. Perhaps you should reconsider posting on a political chat group.
It was intended for Snakestretcher.
Obviously

I know.

I'm setting up his/her anti-Catholic bigotry re disagreeing with Biden.
Lol
You “set up” nothing.
Try to focus.

This has nothing to do with the president’s religion. Try to focus.
If you disagree with something Biden says, and you fail to provide credible convincing evidence he has lied, you are guilty of anti-Catholic bigotry and/or anti-Irish bigotry.

That's your standard.

Ethel isn't listening; he has an opinion from which he will not be swayed.
The same could be said of you.
In situations where the facts are not known I don’t side with either the Jewish state version or that of the Palestinians-or the pigs.
You automatically and consistently write posts that deny the possibility that he’s telling the truth.

If you disagree with something Biden says, and you fail to provide credible convincing evidence he has lied, you are guilty of anti-Catholic bigotry and/or anti-Irish bigotry.

That's your standard.
Attempt at diversion noted and dismissed

Do you know for a fact that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments?
Yes or no

Attempt at diversion noted and dismissed
No diversion at all. I'm simply applying YOUR standard, remember?

Disagreeing with a politician and not producing credible proof that said politician is lying, means the poster is guilty of "personal bias", such as antisemitism, anti-Catholic bigotry, misogyny, anti-Asian racism, anti-Black racism, anti-gay bigotry etc.

In the case of disagreeing with something Joe Biden said, but failing to provide credible proof that he lied, shows anti-Catholic bigotry and/or anti-Irish bigotry.

YOUR standard that not taking politician Netanyahu's word for something (and failing to prove Netanyahu lied) reflects antisemitism.

No diversion at all. I'm simply applying YOUR standard, remember?

Disagreeing with a politician - in this hypothetical case, Joe Biden - and not producing credible proof that said politician is lying, means the poster is guilty of "personal bias", such as antisemitism, anti-Catholic bigotry, misogyny, anti-Asian racism, anti-Black racism, anti-gay bigotry etc.

YOUR standard re not taking politician Netanyahu's word for something (and failing to prove Netanyahu lied).
I won’t be discussing Biden here.
My standard is to accept the possibility that Netanyahu could be lying or telling the truth.
Do you have solid evidence that he’s lying?
Yes or no

I won’t be discussing Biden here.
My standard is to accept the possibility that Netanyahu could be lying or telling the truth.
Do you have solid evidence that he’s lying?
Yes or no
You don't have to discuss Biden.

I'm talking about YOUR standard for accusing a poster of antisemitism.

YOUR standard that not taking politician Netanyahu's word for something (and failing to prove Netanyahu lied) reflects antisemitism.

Applying YOUR standard to other politicians: In the case of disagreeing with something Joe Biden said, but failing to provide credible proof that he lied, shows anti-Catholic bigotry and/or anti-Irish bigotry.

Ceasefire resolution has been passed at the UN - a sign of a political threshold has been crossed in Washington

What?

We didn't VETO that decision?

Biden must absolutely go now.

Jewish version, bad
So the boy who cried wolf story is a demonstration of anti boy bias because the people assumed he was lying without a shred of solid evidence that there was no wolf?

Is that what you get from that story? Did you miss the entire point of that story?

Except that there is more and more evidence coming out that many of the civilian Palestinians killed by Israel were the primary targets. You can't characterise everything that has happened based on the original attack. Yes, that was awful and deserved a response. But bombing refugees and shooting innocent people no where near an armed Hamas fighter is not just "collateral damage". These events are war crimes that should be appropriately punished just like the original attackers.
At this point, the Government of Israel has not only killed 32,000 civilians, it has also brought half of them to the brink of starvation.

And Hamas is far from "eradicated".

That anyone considers this continuing carnage, this bloodbath, to be acceptable is appalling.
There have been actions by Israel that I have condemned, repeatedly. The withholding of water to Gaza was atrocious. Israel ought to allow the movement of food and water to Gaza, as I have mentioned elsewhere, the worst Hamas terrorists will be the last ones to starve. Starving the population would be deplorable and must be condemned.

That doesn’t change the situation regarding hostages and a ceasefire. It’s my opinion that expecting Israel to honor a lasting ceasefire when Hamas still retains hostages is unreasonable.

I believe Israel ought to reconsider their goals regarding the elimination of Hamas and adjust the pace of their campaign to produce finer accuracy in terms of collateral damage. But I simply will not expect them to pack up their things and go home while innocent Israeli civilians are facing abuse under Hamas.

Applying YOUR standard to other politicians: In the case of disagreeing with something Joe Biden said, but failing to provide credible proof that he lied, shows anti-Catholic bigotry and/or anti-Irish bigotry.
I’ll assume that you have zero reliable proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments since you have repeatedly refused to answer the question.
Therefore your opinion that he is lying must be based on personal bias and your own life experiences.

There have been actions by Israel that I have condemned, repeatedly. The withholding of water to Gaza was atrocious. Israel ought to allow the movement of food and water to Gaza, as I have mentioned elsewhere, the worst Hamas terrorists will be the last ones to starve. Starving the population would be deplorable and must be condemned.

That doesn’t change the situation regarding hostages and a ceasefire. It’s my opinion that expecting Israel to honor a lasting ceasefire when Hamas still retains hostages is unreasonable.

I believe Israel ought to reconsider their goals regarding the elimination of Hamas and adjust the pace of their campaign to produce finer accuracy in terms of collateral damage. But I simply will not expect them to pack up their things and go home while innocent Israeli civilians are facing abuse under Hamas.
Two very different standards of concern:

One for the hostages

Another for the civilians in Gaza

Whether or not you realize it, that's what you're expressing.

Why do the lives of the hostages have so much more importance, matter so much more, than those of Palestinians in Gaza?

So the boy who cried wolf story is a demonstration of anti boy bias because the people assumed he was lying without a shred of solid evidence that there was no wolf?

Is that what you get from that story? Did you miss the entire point of that story?
I’ll ask the same question of you that I have asked of others:
Do you have solid first hand proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments?

I’ll assume that you have zero reliable proof that Netanyahu is lying about the food shipments since you have repeatedly refused to answer the question.
Therefore your opinion that he is lying must be based on personal bias and your own life experiences.

@Ethel2 doesn't want to admit his own standard applies to non-Israeli (perhaps non-Jewish) politicians.

No surprise here.

Back
Top Bottom