• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is vBulletin out?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The site may be intermittently available today. We are preparing for our software conversion.

What does this entail?

Are there going to be drastic changes?

The site may be intermittently available today. We are preparing for our software conversion.

What does this entail?

Remember the thread Red made about switching software, with the link to a test site so people could poke around and find any flaws? That's the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
I used to think I was on the cutting edge of tech, now not so much.........I haven’t figured out all the bells and whistles on the present platform!

i also remember an announcement but can't remember the details.

something about a command line interface (j/k).

What does this entail?

If there haven't been drastic changes by now, 1:47 on the west coast, I doubt there will any drastic changes coming forward.

What does this entail?

The changeover to the new software is still some time out if everything goes well. Much testing will be needed to both learn the software, and find any potential issues that need to be resolved before switching over. At this time I do not want to say more without an OK from more staff, but rest assured that there should be more information available soon.

And be sure to thank Red when you see him. This is going to be a ****ton of work for him.

The changeover to the new software is still some time out if everything goes well. Much testing will be needed to both learn the software, and find any potential issues that need to be resolved before switching over. At this time I do not want to say more without an OK from more staff, but rest assured that there should be more information available soon.

And be sure to thank Red when you see him. This is going to be a ****ton of work for him.

Our paths only cross during one way PMs, so far...........:mrgreen:

Starting at 8 AM ET this morning, I made a copy of the vB database, installed XenForo and I'm importing the copied database. It will be some time tomorrow before the import is done as our database is HUGE. The website will be up and down while all of this is taking place as it's tasking on the hardware to keep up.

I'll post more in detail in the coming days but we're sticking with vB until all the testing is complete with xF. We're at least 2 weeks out from converting over to xF if not more. There will be plenty of notice and I'll be creating "how to" tutorials to help with the transition when it happens.

Starting at 8 AM ET this morning, I made a copy of the vB database, installed XenForo and I'm importing the copied database. It will be some time tomorrow before the import is done as our database is HUGE. The website will be up and down while all of this is taking place as it's tasking on the hardware to keep up.

I'll post more in detail in the coming days but we're sticking with vB until all the testing is complete with xF. We're at least 2 weeks out from converting over to xF if not more. There will be plenty of notice and I'll be creating "how to" tutorials to help with the transition when it happens.

Thank you for making the site better for all concerned parties.

I certainly appreciate your effort to provide "how to" tutorials. Thank you.

What does this entail?

Yes, and for the better. I came from a board that was using xenoforo and it will make it much easier to monitor active threads, get alerts, "page" others, keep track of those responding to your posts, etc.etc. Plus the font is larger and easier to read. You'll like it. If I didn't appreciate the discussion here so much, I would have given up on this old platform.

Sorry if this has already been answered. With the conversion, will it indication when a person joined and preserve like given and received? I remember when a different forum changed it kept all memberships and passwords, but lost all history.

I greatly appreciate the time of the owner and those involved very much.

I hope the 3 to 4 day shutdown for the transition isn't like a heroin addict going 3 to 4 days without a fix - for me. This forum gradually has become addicting somehow. I went cold turkey off it for about three years one time - but to be truthful I couldn't help but peeking in time to time. Then again it could be love.

Back
Top Bottom