• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is the Government allowed to allow abortion?

jallman said:
steen, I got all the love for you man, but you got to start recognizing that just because someone disagrees doesnt make them a liar.
That wasn't it. She specifically claimed to have answered my question when she had not done so.

Jerry said:
Just because she says it? Your right, that is not what makes it true. The facts and sources contained within her work are what show what she said to be true. It was true before she said it.

I remember these things. I remember Dems. defending Clinton. I remember Algore claiming to have invented the internet (now Captain Kirk is trying to take credit for everything :roll: ). I can see right in front of me the near daily use of "liar" being tossed about when it is inappropriate and does not apply.

Thanks for admitting that I have a brain to be washed, however. :cool:

Al Gore never claimed to have invented the Internet. He said he had a hand in its creation (by helping to fund it).

afr0byte said:
Al Gore never claimed to have invented the Internet. He said he had a hand in its creation (by helping to fund it).
But such facts matter little to the conservative spin machine. If they can make a joke on a lie, then of course they will. Swiftboats, Willie Horton ads. Conservative politics are dirty and anti-democratic,.. It is not about the voters picking who they want, it is about providing the voters the choices that the conservatives want them, to have. Like elections in Russia in the past. Everybody had to vote, but there was only one candidate.

It is all dirty politics, so if they can score a point by lying about Gore, then of course they will.

Did you ever doubt they would? This is how conservatives operates, and clearly we see the same in these forums.

ohh yes...and the Democrats display such integrity...get real steen...stop spewing that crap.

Liberals are simply insane...they have a mental disorder and they are going to be the downfall of America...immigration...political correctness...outsourcing...

You don't even understand what democratic means if you think that...both parties display democratic ideals...look up Hamilton and Jefferson if you actually care...

A nation is defined by borders, language and culture...the liberals want to break down our borders...toss away the language...and devalue our culture.

Democrats and liberal garbage in particular make me sick.

BodiSatva said:
ohh yes...and the Democrats display such integrity...get real steen...stop spewing that crap.

Liberals are simply insane...they have a mental disorder and they are going to be the downfall of America...immigration...political correctness...outsourcing...

You don't even understand what democratic means if you think that...both parties display democratic ideals...look up Hamilton and Jefferson if you actually care...

A nation is defined by borders, language and culture...the liberals want to break down our borders...toss away the language...and devalue our culture.

Is there any particular reason for that rant of outright falsehoods?

BodiSatva said:

been listening to michael savage?

but seriously, there is truth behind what you are saying. both sides have become insane in their partisan battles.

If you think that they are false...prove it.

I know many liberals and they are idiots and insane...literally. That is one thing that is not a falsehood. So much for my rant of "outright falsehoods".

You are already starting out on the side of loser with that ridiculous statement. You cannot prove that this is false, for it is very true, therefore your statement was unfounded and you are incorrect. Starting out on the wrong foot...or should I just lump you in with simple liberals and their ludicrous mindset?

What you spew about conservatives is ridiculous...you don't even understand American government...you just spout of the democate party line...do you know Jefferson or Hamiltons ideals? No. Otherwise you would not talk about Borders, Language, and Culture as falsehoods....

You are dismissed...you can leave now...

Star..haha...NICE! I have listened, but he is kinda insane himself...yes, there is some truth, but he goes overboard...as does Rush and Frankin and all of the rest of the party followers...

BodiSatva said:

Ahh, I get it. You're just acting as Bodhisatvas can and are being insane so that I can learn to be compassionate or something like that.

BodiSatva said:

I know many liberals and they are idiots and insane...literally. That is one thing that is not a falsehood. So much for my rant of "outright falsehoods".

You are already starting out on the side of loser with that ridiculous statement. You cannot prove that this is false, for it is very true, therefore your statement was unfounded and you are incorrect. Starting out on the wrong foot...or should I just lump you in with simple liberals and their ludicrous mindset?

What you spew about conservatives is ridiculous...you don't even understand American government...you just spout of the democate party line...do you know Jefferson or Hamiltons ideals? No. Otherwise you would not talk about Borders, Language, and Culture as falsehoods....

Star..haha...NICE! I have listened, but he is kinda insane himself...yes, there is some truth, but he goes overboard...as does Rush and Frankin and all of the rest of the party followers...

Actually, you made the claim so it's up to you to prove that it's true.

NO! You are completely incorrect...go back to your hole and rethink this...

"Actually, you made the claim so it's up to you to prove that it's true."

A truth does not have to be proven.
A truth is there for any to witness and accept.
One that does not accept the way is destined to lose sight of the there path...

BodiSatva said:

There's no subtle way to put this, so I'll be frank:

Are you on drugs?

Last edited:
BodiSatva said:

Um, seriously, you're acting out of character from what I've seen of your posts.

steen said:
But such facts matter little to the conservative spin machine. If they can make a joke on a lie, then of course they will. Swiftboats, Willie Horton ads. Conservative politics are dirty and anti-democratic,.. It is not about the voters picking who they want, it is about providing the voters the choices that the conservatives want them, to have. Like elections in Russia in the past. Everybody had to vote, but there was only one candidate.

It is all dirty politics, so if they can score a point by lying about Gore, then of course they will.

Did you ever doubt they would? This is how conservatives operates, and clearly we see the same in these forums.
BodiSatva said:

I created a thread just for you guys:

Partisan Bashing Here
Pissed off at dirty and undemocratic conservative politics?

Do people with the mental disorder, "liberalism," make you wish you were never born?

Well this is the place for you! Here you can tell those dirty conservatives and insane liberals exactly what you think of them.

Have fun kids.:2wave:

Obviously vergs, you have little understanding of what a person is like when they are on drugs for you to ask that...oh, wait...that was a rip on me...haha, that was clever!

So Afro...Is that a good thing or a bad thing...or simply different? For if one ponders the questions that have thus arisen...uhhh, what was I saying?

Just trying to rile things up. But it is funny that discussing the path of enlightentment gets some people nervous...

BodiSatva said:
So Afro...Is that a good thing or a bad thing...or simply different? For if one ponders the questions that have thus arisen...uhhh, what was I saying?

Um, ok.

BodiSatva said:
Just trying to rile things up. But it is funny that discussing the path of enlightentment gets some people nervous...

I don't believe there's a singlular path to enlightenment.

BodiSatva said:

You simplistic, narrow minded sheep. (ok, so yeah I got involved in the mudslinging and dirty-dozens name calling, but it got your attention, right? :mrgreen: )

Lets for just a moment forget about democrat and republican, liberal and conservative, left and right...and just talk about people.

Actually, lets take a cue from one of the other forums and create an "abortion" hot seat, so to speak.

I'll volunteer, since it is my post to start.

I am a republican by registration and heredity. My parents were tobacco farmers and my siblings are military...republicans by default, right? But then there is me...a gay republican who denies the Log Cabin agenda. What the fu.ck (sorry about outsmarting the profanity filter, mods). Why the hell would I vote republican and much less for Jesse Helms in the last NC election I voted in.

Well, glad you asked, my padawan learners...

ready...

like a here it goes...

Just like the abortion issue...not everything is set in black and white. I hate jesse helms for his social beliefs...but the man was a genius when it came to protecting my financial interests. Plus...look at it like this...he was a dying breed socially...I mean...come on...he was responsible for:

a public access caller supporting ole uncle Jesse said:
I just thank you every day Jesse for keeping them gott-damn ******s down. We love you.

He was a champion for his constituency...while leading his constituency into a new realm of thought. Elsewise...why would he have had me, a gay kid, as his page.

The point is...these issues dividing us arent black and white. They are very grey. If I, a VERY PROUD gay man, can appreciate one such as (R-NC) Senator Jesse Helms, for all he did, despite being in direct opposition to my personal agenda....then why cant you guys just try to give eachother a little respect and open-mindedness when it comes to a slug of flesh (kidding kidding) that you will never meet? Just a thought and I welcome input.

BodiSatva said:

Oh dear...I pegged you as one of the most critical thinkers in this debate and I wont be proven wrong. In fact, I am choosing you for my final fantasy pro-choice team. But...you said the word liberal...which makes conservatives and liberals and MODERATES alike look upon you as a rabid philisophical partisan. Notice lately...any time you get pegged as partisan, you lose credibility?

You hold true to the buddha or hinduism, as judged by your name, right? Liberal/conservative... Do you think that a true disciple of enlightenment would have ever used such base terms in deflecting an argument from his opposition. Dont get caught in the trap of dualism and its confining effects. Please.

What exactly is the liberal mindset? What do liberals espouse that those rare few conservatives dont capitulate to? And vice versa. The day you categorize me is the day I bow down and willingly kiss your arse.

Conservativism these days is ridiculous, so why do you hold him accountable for his beliefs about it? A true conservative believes that government protects the people from political influence while administrating the government with full faith of the democracy who appointed its administration. Today, I see that the government is not trusted by the people for the sole reason that the government does not protect the people. How can you blame him for a skewed perception when it is we "conservatives" that offer proof of our own treachery?

Never dismiss another intellectual, even if his assertions are in direct opposition to your own. Keep your friends close, but ever keep your enemies closer, no?

It is my personal...mind you personal meaning pertaining to me...that all pundits should be banned from social influence. The media should be reserved for fact, even in the face of government influence, so that the people can make their own decisions.

BodiSatva said:

this is a forum for debate. of course the person making assertions needs to back up their claims.

star2589 said:
so why not cite the facts and sources contained in her work, instead of her work itself?
1: Her book is what came to mind;
2: There is a space limit to posts;
3: I didn't feel like spending that much time on a post responding to the ilogical name flingings of a silly liberal.

If one were to, say, sight a pole on a given subject, would you ask why they did not sight the internals, the actual pole questions and analysis graphs, instead the pole?

Such would make for an unnecessarily long and tedious conversation indeed.

steen said:
Jerry said:
Right, the legal definition of "person" is "A human being".
No, it isn't, your claim is false.
Check this out:
From Law.com Dictionary;
person
n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the rights and obligations of a person. Counties and cities can be treated as a person in the same manner as a corporation. However, corporations, counties and cities cannot have the emotions of humans such as malice, and therefore are not liable for punitive damages unless there is a statute authorizing the award of punitive damages.

Your claim that my claim is false is baseless and incorrect.

You are denying obvious fact without sourcing your objection. Given that, there is no point in continuing a discourse with you.

Good day.

Jerry said:
3: I didn't feel like spending that much time on a post responding to the ilogical name flingings of a silly liberal.

If you wish to be respected, don't call someone a silly liberal.

Jerry said:
If one were to, say, sight a pole on a given subject, would you ask why they did not sight the internals, the actual pole questions and analysis graphs, instead the pole?

Such would make for an unnecessarily long and tedious conversation indeed.

No, but I might ask them to cite those extra things in addition to the poll.

afr0byte said:
If you wish to be respected, don't call someone a silly liberal.
That is as polite an adjective for liberals as I have, and "silly liberal" is cartoonish compared to what they calls me.

I'll not hear criticism for "silly liberal" until I first hear you place liberals in check. And even then........

No, but I might ask them to cite those extra things in addition to the poll.
[ This is a test of the emergency grammar fascist alert system. If this were an actual grammar fascist alert, this message would include instruction for annoying, pestering, and otherwise getting the goat of a grammar fascist. This is only a test.]

I'll admit, she dosn'tcight spicific refencess two the abov quotation spesifikly; but for me, I remember that hapining, and steen is live-aktyon profe of the truth in her words, so that's good enuf for me.

She dos freequintly site corsses for materiael in her book, however. I don't intend to give the impreshion that she dos not.

[This concludes the test of the grammar fascist alert system.]

Jerry said:
That is as polite an adjective for liberals as I have, and "silly liberal" is cartoonish compared to what they calls me.

I'll not hear criticism for "silly liberal" until I first hear you place liberals in check. And even then........

Nah, you could just say liberal instead of silly liberal.

Jerry said:
[ This is a test of the emergency grammar fascist alert system. If this were an actual grammar fascist alert, this message would include instruction for annoying, pestering, and otherwise getting the goat of a grammar fascist. This is only a test.]

I'll admit, she dosn'tcight spicific refencess two the abov quotation spesifikly; but for me, I remember that hapining, and steen is live-aktyon profe of the truth in her words, so that's good enuf for me.

She dos freequintly site corsses for materiael in her book, however. I don't intend to give the impreshion that she dos not.

[This concludes the test of the grammar fascist alert system.]

Forgive me/us if we're not readily willing to believe a quote from her without the sources she's using. Certainly I don't want to have to buy the book just to find out the sources she uses.

Jallman...thanks (I think that was a compliment)...and to all, I did have a few beers last night and like I said..."Just trying to rile things up". Looks like I did. I just spouted off a bunch of garbage...it just rolled off my fingertips. I can play devil's advocate and debate it or we can move on...no biggy.

Jallman, you did get me with this...:lol:

"You simplistic, narrow minded sheep. (ok, so yeah I got involved in the mudslinging and dirty-dozens name calling, but it got your attention, right? )"

And most of it was for steen anyway...

Sorry to be out of character but it seemed funny at the time...as do most things when you have a five or so beers...And I hardly ever drink...kids and job and all that good stuff! Resposibility. :doh Haha, just joking. Anyway...uh-hum Back into my true form (whatever that is):2razz:

Back
Top Bottom