• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is the Government allowed to allow abortion?

afr0byte said:
I didn't call you a name. I assigned an adjective to your previous post.
....and a silly adjective at that :2razz:

star2589 said:
so... how 'bout them abortions?
The birth canal is a lawful form of entrance into the US. But would an unwanted birthing = illegal immigration?

I’m just trying to think like my silly liberal friends out there.

Last edited:
Oh my Afro...can I buy you a vowel and a clue?

Steen - My goal was to have you type a laughing post, and it looks like I succeeded. This was just another simple marker indicating that...Well...;)

You amuse me steen...I wish for you to post again on this site, so you may. Do not ponder anything or try to be nice (oooh reverse psychology?). I await your inevitable response.

Hahaha...poor star...just wants to talk the issue. I feel for you bro, sometimes this degrades rather badly, huh?

BodiSatva said:
Hahaha...poor star...just wants to talk the issue. I feel for you bro, sometimes this degrades rather badly, huh?

yes, it makes me sad. :(

*sniffle*

Jerry said:
The birth canal is a lawful form of entrance into the US. But would an unwanted birthing = illegal immigration?

I’m just trying to think like my silly liberal friends out there.

Oh come on, please tell me you were being totally facetious with that comment. Please?

The birth canal is not the lawful form of entrance except in the most simplistic and legalistic inhuman sense of the idea of birth. Yes, I said it...personhood, and thereby legal right to life happens well before the water breaks and the baby travels down the canal. The fetus does reach a stage in its development, in the womb, that requires us to look at it differently than the mass of cells resulting from a biological cycle, than it was at conception. Why is this conception vs birth debate so important when we all recognize that there are quantifiable and qualitative differences in a zygote and a late term fetus? At least admit that difference and we might get somewhere.

jallman said:
Oh come on, please tell me you were being totally facetious with that comment. Please?

The birth canal is not the lawful form of entrance except in the most simplistic and legalistic inhuman sense of the idea of birth. Yes, I said it...personhood, and thereby legal right to life happens well before the water breaks and the baby travels down the canal. The fetus does reach a stage in its development, in the womb, that requires us to look at it differently than the mass of cells resulting from a biological cycle, than it was at conception. Why is this conception vs birth debate so important when we all recognize that there are quantifiable and qualitative differences in a zygote and a late term fetus? At least admit that difference and we might get somewhere.

Gee Willikers Batman! Good post.

jallman said:
Why thank you!

Wait...are you being sarcastic again? :rofl

I do agree, there certainly is a qualitative and quantitative difference between a zygote and a fetus. So, no, I wasn't being sarcastic.

jallman said:

Yes, I was being facetious.
With all the talk of illegal immigration recently, I herd some talk radio caller refer to an illegal's child, born in the US, as an “anchor child”, because that allows the illegal to stay in the country.

I was just splicing together two totally unrelated topics into one supposium……like illegal abortion = slavery.

Sure, I admit the obvious differences between a Zygote and a late term fetus just as I admit the obvious quantifiable and qualitative differences between a new born and an adult., but I do not count the Right to live as one such difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom