• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the GOP anti-science?

this is true of NUTTERS . . it has nothign to do with the GOP . .

yes stereo-typically theres more nutcase climate deniers that are GOP but stereo-typically where are the antivaxers? they are on the left

the reality is nutters are in all groups and they dont represent that group

Nope, many religions refuse medical care and vaccines.

Is the GOP anti-science?

Or is the GOP using the same arguments they use for religion? Pick and choose what they believe. They mostly don't follow the teaching of jesus and they deny climate change.

Try not to be too outrageous in your denials.
I few on the right reject climate change outright. Most of us realize the climate had been changing since the earth was born. Most of us reject the "we only got twelve years to live if we don't 'do something' " mantra however. Those I know favor continued construction of renewable generation, but not as a "damn the cost full speed ahead" emergency.

Always beware of people who fall back on the 'studies show' argument.It usually means they found some study that supports their already made up mind.

LOL, that sounds like a great argument/point of view for the anti-science crowd.

In REALITY (which is a scary place to many righties), the exact opposite is true.

People who are threatened, or made suspicious by objective facts and research....tend to lean conservative on the ideogical spectrum. That's just one of those objective, provable FACTS that right wingers prefer to ignore or dismiss (usally as part of some "liberal/left conspiracy" of some sort). There are a few reasons to explain WHY conservatives are more likely to be anti-science conspiracy theorists; but there's no disputing that, as an objective FACT.

Is the GOP anti-science?

Or is the GOP using the same arguments they use for religion? Pick and choose what they believe. They mostly don't follow the teaching of jesus and they deny climate change.

Try not to be too outrageous in your denials.

I believe in the big bang..... or something other that may have expanded the universe.

I believe that climate shifts, or recent trends in climate, are not necessarily caused by man until undeniable proof is offered.

I will go to my grave super frustrated for not understanding more about the universe.

I praise those who give their lives dedicated to understanding the human body.

I praise those who spend their lives finding a way to make a "better wheel".

I am conservative.

I believe in the big bang..... or something other that may have expanded the universe.

I believe that climate shifts, or recent trends in climate, are not necessarily caused by man until undeniable proof is offered.

I will go to my grave super frustrated for not understanding more about the universe.

I am conservative.

So....what would constitute "undeniable proof", in your eyes?

If you trust the science behind the "big bang" theory, and you trust and respect the opinions of those who have devoted their professional lives to science and medicine....what is it that leads you to doubt the science behind anthropogenic climate change?

I am conservative.

I am very happy to hear that, please pass it on to some of your republican friends.

I am very happy to hear that, please pass it on to some of your republican friends.

Pretty much what most of us believe. " I believe in the big bang..... or something other that may have expanded the universe."
Please pass it one to some of your democrat friends.

You should study biology one day.........if they let someone like you into the program.

Only if you can't handle the MATH to get into CHEMISTRY.

So....what would constitute "undeniable proof", in your eyes?

If you trust the science behind the "big bang" theory, and you trust and respect the opinions of those who have devoted their professional lives to science and medicine....what is it that leads you to doubt the science behind anthropogenic climate change?

We have been studying the universe for hundreds of years and have .

Climate study is very much in it's infancy, but already has had quite a few scandals with overzealous idiots putting out bogus info and covering up lies.

You should study biology one day.........if they let someone like you into the program.

Maybe only a few people on this entire forum truly understand Biology beyond some high school or college dissecting exercise, or basic theory.

So, who are you to call anyone out on the issue.

We have been studying the universe for hundreds of years and have .

Climate study is very much in it's infancy, but already has had quite a few scandals with overzealous idiots putting out bogus info and covering up lies.

"a lot of scandals" and "overzealous idiots putting out bogus info and covering lies"...

Not really. At least, not from the research community. It's important to separate science and scientific organizations from the blovaitions of pundits and politicians. But you're right, there have been a lot of smear attempts and campaigns to discredit it, by the conservative media and punditry...few (if any) of whom are qualifified to do so.

I asked the original question because the truth is that the scientific consensus about the latter (i.e. ACC) is far greater than that for the former (i.e. BB). If the Science matters to you, one would think that would matter to you more than the demagogic musings "experts" who've never conducted-much less published-any relevent research in a related field of study.

Last edited:
Considering we have DNA evidence of Neanderthal Homo Sapien merging, some of us are Neanderthals, especially those of us with European ancestry.

I did not ask you for a history lesson, I asked you if you want us to go back and be Neanderthals and you did not answer the question.

I personally do not want that. Man has made great strides since then and is more than a Neanderthal could ever be and I feel there is much more to learn and do and would like for us to go forward and not back, whatever that may bring.

Nope, many religions refuse medical care and vaccines.

huh? who said anything about religion?
Antivaxxers are stereotypical left BUT my point is no ONE "party" is guilty of being antiscience . . individual nutters should not be used to judge the group

antivaxxers, climate deniers, flat earthers what have you

And some anti-vaxxers are against vaccines because of religion...…….which is right wing.

Some doesn't equal all and even then, There are left leaning religious people who are anti-vax.

Maybe only a few people on this entire forum truly understand Biology beyond some high school or college dissecting exercise, or basic theory.

So, who are you to call anyone out on the issue.

To those who prove they are not smart enough to understand? I don't mind laughing and calling them out. They do, but I don't. LMAO!

Some doesn't equal all and even then, There are left leaning religious people who are anti-vax.

And there are right leaning religious people who are anti-vax...……….which proves its not just a left issue. Wow, that was so difficult for you to finally understand. I just wonder why it took you so long?

People say the GOP is Anti-Science...

Yet it's people on the left who think there are more then 2 genders.

actually the medical science community says that . . not "people on the left" ;)
biological sex (science) and gender (a social construct) are two different things. Now of course you can also use gender in a biological sense (chromosomes) and that is well defined but medical science also supports gender fluidity when it comes to transgender topics.

Now i have never seen it but i seen people on here say 999 genders etc . . i have no clue where that comes from but ill be sticking with medical science on the issue and depending on specifically what they are referring to its not just 2 black/white.

with that said for the record i posted earlier its no ONE party that denies science . . when it comes to nutters like climate deniers and flat earthers and antivaxxers those individuals are spread out even if stereo typically related to a party they dont represent it.

actually the medical science community says that . . not "people on the left" ;)
biological sex (science) and gender (a social construct) are two different things. Now of course you can also use gender in a biological sense (chromosomes) and that is well defined but medical science also supports gender fluidity when it comes to transgender topics.

Now i have never seen it but i seen people on here say 999 genders etc . . i have no clue where that comes from but ill be sticking with medical science on the issue and depending on specifically what they are referring to its not just 2 black/white.

with that said for the record i posted earlier its no ONE party that denies science . . when it comes to nutters like climate deniers and flat earthers and antivaxxers those individuals are spread out even if stereo typically related to a party they dont represent it.

That's way too complicated for anyone in the GOP to understand. Just way over their head. You will see...…….they will prove me right by not being able to understand. LMAO! I love conservatives. Just so predictable.

And there are right leaning religious people who are anti-vax...……….which proves its not just a left issue. Wow, that was so difficult for you to finally understand. I just wonder why it took you so long?

You were responding to a post saying that the anti vax movement is a left wing thing. By your reponse, I was assuming you were trying to counter that by saying some anti vaxxers are religious. I responded to your post saying some doesn't equal all and just because you're anti vax because of religious reasons, doesn't necessarily make you right wing. So what did I said that warranted your response? Did I said that there are no religious anti vaxxers who are right wing?

That's way too complicated for anyone in the GOP to understand. Just way over their head. You will see...…….they will prove me right by not being able to understand. LMAO! I love conservatives. Just so predictable.

grouping the GOP and Conservatives together as a collective is part of the problem with politics today. YOUR views are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

there are in fact GOPers/conservative on this very sight that understand what i said perfectly . . .again YES . ."stereotypically" its an issue for them but the reality is many of them get it regardless.

You were responding to a post saying that the anti vax movement is a left wing thing. By your reponse, I was assuming you were trying to counter that by saying some anti vaxxers are religious. I responded to your post saying some doesn't equal all and just because you're anti vax because of religious reasons, doesn't necessarily make you right wing. So what did I said that warranted your response? Did I said that there are no religious anti vaxxers who are right wing?

Its ok, your lack of being able to prove me wrong doesn't change my beliefs, but I don't mind you trying.

It is the GOP political base that does not have a modest science classes in a community college level, or just with their high school records. If they did go to a community college, around half of the people that got a degree around 50% have a degree in Associate of General Studies. Science and Math are with a strong back ground is uncommon with a conservative. True, there are conservatives with a four year degree or higher. But, they mostly look to there limited education conservatives as a model to convince to vote, or live a life style.

Back
Top Bottom