• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Putin Secretly a Genius?

This makes zero sense.

False premise - not true at all.

Uh, okay. If you say so.
Don't want to come off as insulting, but this might just be too high level an idea for you to wrap your head around. Not all of us are suited for discussing foreign policy and military strategy, after all, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Don't want to come off as insulting, but this might just be too high level an idea for you to wrap your head around. Not all of us are suited for discussing foreign policy and military strategy, after all, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Okay. I'll let you keep playing Risk.

I've been scratching my head on how Putin thought Russia would come out of invading Ukraine looking good, but it finally dawned on me: this entire crisis was over NATO, an organization that exists solely for mutual defense against Russia. By marching his military through miles of open land with no air support & well within range of artillery, by demonstrating the complete and utter nonexistence of Russian supply lines and by showcasing the utter lack of fighting spirit in their hordes of conscripts, Putin has essentially removed the sole motivation for Europeans to be members of NATO, and given the near universal hatred that the average European has for Americans, I think it's fair to say that within a year, half of the continent will have evicted their US soldiers and left NATO, thereby effectively ending NATO as an organization & preventing Ukraine from joining the now-defunct alliance.

Where do you get the idea that Europeans hate Americans?
What evidence do you have for that assertion?

Why would they get rid of all the free money they get from our military bases via not having to spend money on their own national defense and US dollars going right into their economies through contracts and local spending?

Cry some more.

No, I was just expressing my respect for you.
Nope...still not clever. Keep your clown shoes posts going, though. It's your own ass that's showing.

A sadomasochistic genius!

He gets to wreck two countries.

Ukraine with military destruction and Russia with economic destruction.

Maybe one of the oligarchs will have him assassinated.
Et tu Ivan!

Well, I live in the UK and I don't see any evidence that people here hate Americans.
We find some of your customs odd such as guns for example but on the whole, we like Americans.

Aw man!
You don't like 4 year olds shooting up KFC?

Their chicken just doesn't taste the way it did in the 70s. They deserve it!

A sadomasochistic genius!

He gets to wreck two countries.

Ukraine with military destruction and Russia with economic destruction.

Maybe one of the oligarchs will have him assassinated.
Et tu Ivan!
12 days to the Ides.

Well, I live in the UK and I don't see any evidence that people here hate Americans.
We find some of your customs odd such as guns for example but on the whole, we like Americans.
You might live in an echo chamber of narrow political opinions. Can you really say you know what the UK is like without reading a book about it first?

All one has to do is look at the Ukraine situation to realize that America's Founding Fathers were right about putting in the 2nd Amendment. Not even aliens would dare to invade America.

Only an idiot would think there Army could subdue the second largest country in Europe in less than 1 week.

Back
Top Bottom