• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Putin Secretly a Genius?

Brochacholomigo

we live in a society
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I've been scratching my head on how Putin thought Russia would come out of invading Ukraine looking good, but it finally dawned on me: this entire crisis was over NATO, an organization that exists solely for mutual defense against Russia. By marching his military through miles of open land with no air support & well within range of artillery, by demonstrating the complete and utter nonexistence of Russian supply lines and by showcasing the utter lack of fighting spirit in their hordes of conscripts, Putin has essentially removed the sole motivation for Europeans to be members of NATO, and given the near universal hatred that the average European has for Americans, I think it's fair to say that within a year, half of the continent will have evicted their US soldiers and left NATO, thereby effectively ending NATO as an organization & preventing Ukraine from joining the now-defunct alliance.

I've been scratching my head on how Putin thought Russia would come out of invading Ukraine looking good, but it finally dawned on me: this entire crisis was over NATO, an organization that exists solely for mutual defense against Russia. By marching his military through miles of open land with no air support & well within range of artillery, by demonstrating the complete and utter nonexistence of Russian supply lines and by showcasing the utter lack of fighting spirit in their hordes of conscripts, Putin has essentially removed the sole motivation for Europeans to be members of NATO, and given the near universal hatred that the average European has for Americans, I think it's fair to say that within a year, half of the continent will have evicted their US soldiers and left NATO, thereby effectively ending NATO as an organization & preventing Ukraine from joining the now-defunct alliance.
No. Putin has harmed his country.

No

Reactions: Bum
1646271829437.png

This is about making the UN the new United Democratic States of the world. We can not allow any state to warn us about nuclear weapons.

4D chess, with added thermobaric bombing of residential areas.

Putin can flush the toilet using only the power of his mind.

I mean, they were just sitting there and the Russians had extra missiles.

What the **** were the Russians supposed to do?
Imagine not launching thermobaric missiles at residential areas. Like having an itchy nose and just putting up with it.

Why would they get rid of all the free money they get from our military bases via not having to spend money on their own national defense and US dollars going right into their economies through contracts and local spending?

Why would they get rid of all the free money they get from our military bases via not having to spend money on their own national defense and US dollars going right into their economies through contracts and local spending?
Probably because Europeans are just as pretentious as Americans are annoying.

Probably because Europeans are just as pretentious as Americans are annoying.
Same-same. Both have annoying pretensions. They're just pretending different things.

Putin messed up in his ritual to call forth Cthulhu and got possessed by a shoggoth instead. That's why his mind is gone.

LOL this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen on the topic.

This aggression is ratcheting up the war machine across all of NATO, bringing these countries together, not driving them apart. Secret genius? HAH.

LOL this is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever seen on the topic.

This aggression is ratcheting up the war machine across all of NATO, bringing these countries together, not driving them apart. Secret genius? HAH.
It's 5d chess, bro. Just like Trump running for President so he can make the Air Force 1 crew pay for rooms at Mar-A-Lago. Trust the plan and whatnot.

It's 5d chess, bro. Just like Trump running for President so he can make the Air Force 1 crew pay for rooms at Mar-A-Lago. Trust the plan and whatnot.
You can't claim "5d chess" to handwave the fact that the opposite of the hypothesis is actually happening.

I've been scratching my head on how Putin thought Russia would come out of invading Ukraine looking good, but it finally dawned on me: this entire crisis was over NATO, an organization that exists solely for mutual defense against Russia. By marching his military through miles of open land with no air support & well within range of artillery, by demonstrating the complete and utter nonexistence of Russian supply lines and by showcasing the utter lack of fighting spirit in their hordes of conscripts, Putin has essentially removed the sole motivation for Europeans to be members of NATO,

This makes zero sense.

and given the near universal hatred that the average European has for Americans,

False premise - not true at all.

I think it's fair to say that within a year, half of the continent will have evicted their US soldiers and left NATO, thereby effectively ending NATO as an organization & preventing Ukraine from joining the now-defunct alliance.

Uh, okay. If you say so.

Back
Top Bottom