• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it possible that moderate R's may be rebelling against the nut job segment of their party?

Shrink726

The tolerant left? I'm the intolerant left.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Seems like there are increasingly strong indications that maggot's stranglehold on this party may be fraying.

Embittered Republicans plot to knock off House GOP’s hard-right leader in Virginia primary feud

Seems like there are increasingly strong indications that maggot's stranglehold on this party may be fraying.

Embittered Republicans plot to knock off House GOP’s hard-right leader in Virginia primary feud

And just think, in the middle of all of their infighting, they want to rule america. Sad. They can't even govern themselves.

Hopefully more non-populist republicans start to run and challenge in some of these areas. Unfortunately, given the nature of our primary system and the presence of Trump still active on the scene makes me think this won't quite be successful yet.

Moderate R's?? There's no such thing.

Republicans are either GOP Elites who have sold their souls for money, influence and power or they are America First.

Don't count the GOP Elites out just yet, though. They might succeed with their criminal actions.

Republicans are either GOP Elites who have sold their souls for money, influence and power or they are America First.

"GOP Elites" is smply your way of denigrating Republicans who refuse to worship Donald Trump.

Yep, the same Donald Trump under 91 federal indictments in 4 different jurisdictions and a convicted sexual predator.

Don't count the GOP Elites out just yet, though. They might succeed with their criminal actions.
I'm curious, is it "America" first or "Americans" first? And if it's America first, doesn't that include all of us?

"GOP Elites" is smply your way of denigrating Republicans who refuse to worship Donald Trump.

Yep, the same Donald Trump under 91 federal indictments in 4 different jurisdictions and a convicted sexual predator.
From the outside it does indeed look like, a Trump first party.

Hopefully more non-populist republicans start to run and challenge in some of these areas. Unfortunately, given the nature of our primary system and the presence of Trump still active on the scene makes me think this won't quite be successful yet.

I oscillate between the two positions of; if Trump is defeated this year the fever will break and even if Trump is defeated this year the fever will just get worse. Of course we know if Trump wins it’s just going to get a lot worse. As the worst impulses of the party will be given a mandate. Or, at least they will perceive it as one.

I'm curious, is it "America" first or "Americans" first? And if it's America first, doesn't that include all of us?
It is America First and yes, it includes all Americans.

They could've at least used better wording then "knock off".

It makes it sound like they are planning a murder.

Good is not good. Good is bad for the party.

It would be good if Good was good and gone.

LOL. the nutjob segment of republicans party. At least we know that men aren' t women and have no business dressing with or competing with biological females. Obviously democrats need to take more biology lessons.

LOL. the nutjob segment of republicans party. At least we know that men aren' t women and have no business dressing with or competing with biological females. Obviously democrats need to take more biology lessons.
Wow, in a world of unjust invasions, mass starvation, global warming and other petty issues, I can't tell you how relieved we all are to know that R's are here to protect us from these gender issues.

I think this (quote below) is the problem:

“They’ve never heard of Derrick Van Orden. They could care less what Derrick Van Orden thinks,” he said of his constituents, later telling CNN that questions about his Republican colleagues turning against him are “stupid.”

There's unfortunately some truth to this. These ultra-MAGAs are winning in districts that are heavily gerrymandered, so there is no incentive to do anything other than fundraising under the MAGA brand. Rep. Van Orden is absolutely correct: they did not come here to govern, and they really haven't governed at all, which is why they will probably lose their majority in the fall.

This. I think it's going to take a sound defeat in November before Trump and the other MAGAns are finally kicked to the curb.

I oscillate between the two positions of; if Trump is defeated this year the fever will break and even if Trump is defeated this year the fever will just get worse. Of course we know if Trump wins it’s just going to get a lot worse. As the worst impulses of the party will be given a mandate. Or, at least they will perceive it as one.
If Trump loses the fever won't break. Trump's been successful in convincing his cult the system is broken and not to believe any election he loses. Trumpism will not die until Trump does. It's a cult of personality.

I was a loyal GOP voter from 1978 to 2016 (included, I voted for Kasich twice).

Some of us have been warning about the shit show that FPOTUS#45 would be since 2015.

WW
I was loyal from 1986 to 2016. Well, I admit to skipping out in 2012 when I voted for Gary Johnson (I didn't think Mitt was conservative enough!), but other than that, straight R voter up and down the ballot. Unless MAGA can be purged, will not vote R again.

And those that disparage the "GOP ELite" can't even or won't even recognize that their Lord Orange Man is an elitist. He's just taking revenge on those NW elitists that don't want to associate with him, either socially or financially. What non-elitist has a 747 airplane and several homes? What non-elitist gets their photo in magazines and newspapers when they attend a social function of other elitists? Guess what guys. You've been bamboozled into thinking TFG is one of you. He even as told his loyalists that he doesn't want to even shake hands with the likes of you.

They do exists. You just don't want to admit it.
Republicans are either Republicans or Freedom Caucus. The American First is Trump spin.
Don't count out the moderate Republicans come general election time. Independents will lean more towards the moderates that the Freedom Caucus.

You're a wise man, and right on point! 🇺🇸

Nope.

It's a complex world. Freedom, true freedom, isn't always going along with what hard line magas think.But what would magas know about freedom? They talk way more abut limiting freedom than protecting it.

Still trying to figure out how it harms someone else if two people of the same sex want to be in love.

Of it somebody is tormented by the idea that they feel like the wrong sex and long to switch.

How does that harm someone else, again?

There was a story about a parent who went from having a tormented depressed suicidal teen boy to having a happy well adjusted teen girl. What part of that is somebody else's business?

Back
Top Bottom