• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is it happening now?

The unwillingness of our {United States of America] federal administration, not to mention our federal legislators, to fully engage in ameliorating the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic here is lamentable. It's understandable, though, when you take into account the intertribal warfare between our two political parties and the strong anti-intellectual streak in the American public at large.
I'm sorry T, you'll need to explain how trump and republicans politicizing mask wearing, social distancing, partial shutdowns and treating covid as a dangerous and infectious is "understandable" and anybody's fault but their own. "intertribal warfare" seems like an empty excuse to justify not holding them accountable. Criticizing trump's incompetent and dishonest handling of the crisis is not "intertribal warfare".

and "the strong anti-intellectual streak in the American public at large" seems to be a function of trump's incompetence and dishonesty not the educational system.

I'm sorry T, you'll need to explain how trump [sic] and republicans [sic] politicizing mask wearing, social distancing, partial shutdowns and treating covid as a dangerous and infectious is "understandable" and anybody's fault but their own. "intertribal warfare" seems like an empty excuse to justify not holding them accountable. Criticizing trump's [sic] incompetent and dishonest handling of the crisis is not "intertribal warfare".

and "the strong anti-intellectual streak in the American public at large" seems to be a function of trump's incompetence and dishonesty not the educational system.

Hi!

Acountability is another topic entirely. In addition, I can, without too much effort, demonstrate through references that America has long been home to many people and groups who eschew the information provided by science and the intellectual community. It pre-dates President of the United States of America Donald Trump by centuries.

Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder: I try to respond to all posts that quote me. If I do not respond it may be that you've managed to make it onto my 'Ignore' list.

I'm no expert, but from what I've seen, this is still the first wave.

According to some esteemed hoaxioneers (like that? :)), it will be over the day after the election because it was a Democrat conspiracy designed to destroy Trump's chances! Yes, they really believe that.

"Hoaxioneers"...well played! As for the pandemic, we all know SARS CoV2 had it in for Trump and was set out to derail him. We not only have a novel coronavirus, but apparently a sentient one too. Novel virus indeed.

Only truly stupid people still believe the non-stop 24/7 bioterrorism campaign of the super rich. Really extremely gullible mindless submissive fools and chumps.

Only truly stupid people still believe the non-stop 24/7 bioterrorism campaign of the super rich. Really extremely gullible mindless submissive fools and chumps.
Nice to see right wingers are down to personal insults. Anyone with half a brain. Any idiot knows. Gullible fool stupid dumbdumbs etcetc.

Nice to see right wingers are down to personal insults. Anyone with half a brain. Any idiot knows. Gullible fool stupid dumbdumbs etcetc.

Claiming submission to the richest people on earth is only a leftwing thing is foolish. At least YOU agree that covid-19 was converted to a partisan loyalty issue rather than a health issue. Clearly is just partisan politics to you.

Trump has opened the creepy floodgates. The GOP needs to lick their wounds and hopefully regroup for 2024.

Whether it be right wingers or others, personal insults can be delivered diplomatically. A definition I've liked is that a diplomat is someone who tells you where to go in such a way that you go home and start to pack your bags.

Reminder: I try to respond to all posts that quote me. If I do not respond it may be that you've managed to make it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Hi!

Acountability is another topic entirely. In addition, I can, without too much effort, demonstrate through references that America has long been home to many people and groups who eschew the information provided by science and the intellectual community. It pre-dates President of the United States of America Donald Trump by centuries.

I'm sorry T, not only did you avoid discussing which group has been consistently "anti-science" you also avoided your claims about "accountability." Yes, you brought up "accountability" when you absolved trump and republicans of their incompetence and dishonesty because of partisan politics. You think its "understandable" that the federal response has been tepid (and that's an incredibly generous description) because of partisan politics. That sentence literally makes no sense. Partisan politics didn't make trump and republicans politicize mask wearing, social distancing, partial shutdowns and treating covid like a deadly infectious disease. they literally made it a partisan issue to cover for their incompetence. And of course the "anti science" group ate it up.

We in the US have been cautioned to expect a possible 'second wave' of the Covid-19 disease in the autumn as people congregate indoors. The past two days' reports of new cases, coupled with the past several days' numbers of reported deaths, may be the first indications of what is to come. As with many trends hidden in 'noisy' data, this one may take time to prove out. It may also be little more than a quirk in the data. The next week should decide.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

The indications are that the "Fall Wave" just might have started

20-10-30 C1 - 7 Day Average GRAPH.JPG

20-10-30 C2 - 10 Day Average of Averages GRAPH.JPG.JPG
and that it is hitting the "Red States" disproportionately

20-10-30 D2 - Red vs Blue - Cases.JPG

I'm sorry T, not only did you avoid discussing which group has been consistently "anti-science" you also avoided your claims about "accountability." Yes, you brought up "accountability" when you absolved trump and republicans of their incompetence and dishonesty because of partisan politics. You think its "understandable" that the federal response has been tepid (and that's an incredibly generous description) because of partisan politics. That sentence literally makes no sense. Partisan politics didn't make trump and republicans politicize mask wearing, social distancing, partial shutdowns and treating covid like a deadly infectious disease. they literally made it a partisan issue to cover for their incompetence. And of course the "anti science" group ate it up.

Hi once again.

It's possible that you have misunderstood my intent. I try to present a framework within which those interested can do their own digging and formulate their own opinions. The 'anti-science' group, for example, is simply those who are more or less anti-science. Which political party houses some or most of them is a factor of time. The same is true for what is presently termed 'white supremacy'.

As far as partisan politics is concerned, when one party takes a strong stance for or against something and sets it in opposition to 'them' in the other party [Ed.: or, in some cases, in opposition to a segment of the other party,] it becomes partisan politics. We see this with such disparate things as wearing masks or even displaying the American flag. [Remember the 'no flag in the lapel' campaign?]

If you wish to castigate one party or another, that's fine with me. I spent four voluntary years defending your right to do precisely that.

I'll not respond further to you in this thread.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Wishing you and yours the very best,

Hi once again.

It's possible that you have misunderstood my intent. I try to present a framework within which those interested can do their own digging and formulate their own opinions. The 'anti-science' group, for example, is simply those who are more or less anti-science. Which political party houses some or most of them is a factor of time. The same is true for what is presently termed 'white supremacy'.

As far as partisan politics is concerned, when one party takes a strong stance for or against something and sets it in opposition to 'them' in the other party [Ed.: or, in some cases, in opposition to a segment of the other party,] it becomes partisan politics. We see this with such disparate things as wearing masks or even displaying the American flag. [Remember the 'no flag in the lapel' campaign?]

If you wish to castigate one party or another, that's fine with me. I spent four voluntary years defending your right to do precisely that.

I'll not respond further to you in this thread.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Wishing you and yours the very best,

well its good you have a "set limit" of responses. It helps limit any discussion of your false narratives. And fyi, a good case could be made that you've not responded to my posts. yes, you hit the reply button but did not respond to what I posted. Again, you absolved trump and republicans for their tepid (again, a an incredibly generous description) response because "partisan politics". You clearly are looking to make excuses for trump and republicans. Lets look the partisan politics surrounding stimulus. Democrats voted for it under Bush, President Obama and trump because they put America first. Republicans voted for it under Bush and trump but not under President Obama precisedly because they dont put America first. They put their agenda first. In case you dont understand, that shows republicans being partisan and democrats putting America first.

And I find if funny that you again reiterate your false "both sides are anti-science" narrative. You even said it would be easy to show. We're at a debate forum. If you were ever going to "show it", this would be the place to do it.

Back
Top Bottom