• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Elon Musk spending $ 44 Bazillion on Twitter a sign of Late Stage Capitalism?

If modern capitalism produces an Elon Musk, what does it say about the economic system?

• Total voters
Trump's a ****ing asshole

That said, Trump is better than the leaders we've had for the last 60+ years
Drumpf signed off on increased military spending every year he was in office, my self contradicting "liberal" buddy. Your alignment with Tulsi is humorous.

Drumpf signed off on increased military spending every year he was in office, my self contradicting "liberal" buddy. Your alignment with Tulsi is humorous.
He sure did. And as I said, Trump is an asshole. My disagreement with you is not about your opposition to Trump. It's about your strange attachment to the other assholes, who are as bad or worse, generally worse, since they amount to war criminals.

Why is my "alignment" with Tulsi Gabbard humorous?

He sure did. And as I said, Trump is an asshole.
An asshole who, like Elon....you are defending. It is all so hilarious.
My disagreement with you is not about your opposition to Trump.
Actually, it is since a significant amount of our disagreements do involve the insurrection that the Asshole planned and instigated, but go on...
It's about your strange attachment to the other assholes, who are as bad or worse, generally worse, since they amount to war criminals.
You have opened another can of worms, another distraction from your admiration of Elon with this unsupported and absurd tangent......but there you are.
Why is my "alignment" with Tulsi Gabbard humorous?
It encapsulates your conservative/maga/unliberal tendencies to support Putin aligned CT's and those promoting them. Elon also fits into that realm.

If modern capitalism is functioning well, and it produces an Elon Musk,
I think a society that produces entrepreneurs who build electric cars, energy dense batteries, self driving automation, innovative new payment processing, and cool rocketry is a good thing.

who can effectively burn $44 billion dollars and disrupt countless lives / businesses 'for the lols',
If some minor drama at a social media company is disrupting your life, then your life probably needs some disrupting.

what does this say about the system?

When I said 'modern capitalism', I'm referring to the choices that the government makes that allows single people or small families to accrue more wealth than some countries. Capitalism, of course, does not exist in any real capacity without government.
What alternative system are you proposing instead?

I didn't say destroy. I said disrupt. Many businesses use Twitter to function and communicate effectively, many organizations use Twitter to organize and communicate, and even governments used it to spread a message. It was always a right-wing cesspool, with an algorithm that demonstrably favored the right-wing (despite the right-wing diaper-whining that they're being censored), but now it's kind of a hate sewer with no redeeming value, with no real rules or terms of service beyond the mood of a rich weirdo.
If you don't want to use it, then don't. Logging off Twitter does not require a revolution of the proletariat.

Last edited:
What a drama...
and whose lives did he destroy?
Oh probably those thousands of people he laid off without any concern for what the law says. OF course, they will have the last laugh. The vice chair in Dublin successfully stopped him from firing her, others have simply had to file for wrongful termination under law...because he did not give proper notice.

Oh probably those thousands of people he laid off without any concern for what the law says. OF course, they will have the last laugh. The vice chair in Dublin successfully stopped him from firing her, others have simply had to file for wrongful termination under law...because he did not give proper notice.
Creepy things... it's really tragic. We are worried all over the world for Twitter employees.

If you don't want to use it, then don't. Logging off Twitter does not require a revolution of the proletariat.

I don't use Twitter, and that doesn't address the point.

I don't use Twitter, and that doesn't address the point.
Then what's the point? That Twitter is a cesspool now? That businesses, governments, and individuals won't be able to use it effectively anymore? OK... Then they'll go somewhere else. Problem solved. If Elon Musk's rules end up just being the arbitrary moods of a rich weirdo, as you put it, then Twitter's popularity will decline and it will cease to be relevant. Which is...fine?

Last edited:
Yawn, here are thousands of leftists loving Elon because he made fun of Sarah Palin:

But hey, I guess you guys now have something to agree on with Sarah Palin!

Also Hahaha

Centrist liberals like Elon Musk. Basically no Leftists do.

So... I'm starting to be convinced that Elon Musk is trying to destroy Twitter on purpose. He must realize that he's not even going to break even from the deal and is trying to crash it, burn it, and cut his losses. Then he'll blame the media, libs, the LGBTQ, maybe even the Jews for his failure and become the GOP nominee. Cracking the code of how to hoodwink right-wingers doesn't take much skill, just the willingness to set your reputation ablaze and not look back.

"Twitter, like other companies, has warned investors in regulatory filings that the success of its services is dependent on their surviving review for compliance with App Store rules."

Either that or Elon Musk is literally the worst businessman on the planet, surpassing even Donald "Six Bankruptcies" Trump.

So... I'm starting to be convinced that Elon Musk is trying to destroy Twitter on purpose. He must realize that he's not even going to break even from the deal and is trying to crash it, burn it, and cut his losses. Then he'll blame the media, libs, the LGBTQ, maybe even the Jews for his failure and become the GOP nominee. Cracking the code of how to hoodwink right-wingers doesn't take much skill, just the willingness to set your reputation ablaze and not look back.

"Twitter, like other companies, has warned investors in regulatory filings that the success of its services is dependent on their surviving review for compliance with App Store rules."

Either that or Elon Musk is literally the worst businessman on the planet, surpassing even Donald "Six Bankruptcies" Trump.
Perhaps, but is it worth losing his stake in Tesla?

Wow. Elon is calling up advertisers and yelling at them for leaving Twitter. Also, he's definitely banning accounts that are opposed to his right-wing ideology.

Wow. Elon is calling up advertisers and yelling at them for leaving Twitter. Also, he's definitely banning accounts that are opposed to his right-wing ideology.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom