• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IRS finally reveals list of tea party groups targeted for extra scrutiny

"Occupy" was also on their list for flagging but you're not whining about that for some reason.

It was only 3 occupy groups. Some Occupy groups could be considered Anarcho-Libertarian which is not a liberal by the common standard and certainly anti establishment.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065941276 said:
Spare us your litany of liberal talking points :bs. Your posts suggests that you would fit right in at the IRS.

"If/were/would". Do you live in fantasy land? "If/were/would" is just that. "If/were/would" has never happened in the history of mankind.

I know the law. "Tea Party" doesn't come close to 'mostly' as a group that promotes social welfare. Who are you trying to fool? Yourself? Certainly not me. I'm not that gullible.

Show me where the law says that.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicl03.pdf

Read all of the political activity they MAY engage in. Also all of the approvals being held up were being done so before they entered into activity. How can they engage in fraud before they engage in activity?

The code speaks to the 501c4 and its PRIMARY activity as a social welfare group. Get it?

Oh, the tyranny of denying a "Tea Party" the status of a social welfare group! Get a frikking grip, pally boy. These were bogus 501s and you know it.

I'm not your f-ing pal. I despise Liberal Progressive Democrats, but if the same thing were happening to them from my party or another party, my answer would still be the same...it's illegal and tyrannical. I don't want anyone to have such power that they can abuse their authority in such a way. Obviously, you're OK with it because you don't like someone else's politics, religion or whatever else. It's never about Liberty with you screwballs, unless you're the beneficiary.

The code speaks to the 501c4 and its PRIMARY activity as a social welfare group. Get it?

Which can include GOTV drives, fundamental constitutional education and many other activities. Social welfare takes a lot of forms, including advocacy of specific subjects.

"If/were/would". Do you live in fantasy land? "If/were/would" is just that. "If/were/would" has never happened in the history of mankind.

Liberals live in a fantasy world. Lunacy...

I'm pretty sure David Brock operates Media Matters for the primary purpose of social welfare, just like I'm pretty sure that, as Hillary says, nobody died in Libya. It's just so weird that Congress is considering impeaching Koskinen. Congress thinks he lied to them. Imagine that.

I'm not your f-ing pal. I despise Liberal Progressive Democrats, but if the same thing were happening to them from my party or another party, my answer would still be the same...it's illegal and tyrannical. I don't want anyone to have such power that they can abuse their authority in such a way. Obviously, you're OK with it because you don't like someone else's politics, religion or whatever else. It's never about Liberty with you screwballs, unless you're the beneficiary.

You're my pally boy and it's nothing more than a tax code. Nobody is forcing you to form a tax exempt organization, are they?

Which can include GOTV drives, fundamental constitutional education and many other activities. Social welfare takes a lot of forms, including advocacy of specific subjects.

(laughing) Sure. That's EXACTLY what these groups intended.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065941808 said:
Liberals live in a fantasy world. Lunacy...

This went over your head, didn't it? "If/would/should" IS fantasy. Not my words. I deal in REALITY.

Guilty until proven innocent is not the way this country works.

You sound like a man who has never been audited. I've been audited by the IRS three times and they don't play that innocent until proven guilty game.

This is from YOUR source...

"However, a section 501(c)(4) social welfare organization may engage in some political activities, so long as that is not its primary activity. "

Yep. Did ANY of those organizations, conveniently coming into existence after Citizens United, prove that?

Innocent until proven guilty only applies in criminal trials. So try to get your message straight.

These groups, applying en masse, coincidentally right after Citizens United, should tell you something. They were obviously political in nature, not to promote social welfare.

Quit lying to yourself. Quit lying to us.

The why didn't the IRS just deny their applications, if it was as you say?

This went over your head, didn't it? "If/would/should" IS fantasy. Not my words. I deal in REALITY.

More drivel...

Reality? Now that's some :lamo :bs

Back
Top Bottom