• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iraq military base used by U.S. hit by rockets year after similar attack brought U.S. and Iran close to war

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Lets hope this tit for tat stops here.

Rocket hit airbase in Iraq that hosts U.S. troops, a year after similar attack brought U.S. and Iran close to war - CBS News
Baghdad — At least 10 rockets targeted a military base in western Iraq that hosts about 2,000 U.S. troops on Wednesday, American and Iraqi military officials said. A U.S. defense official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin there were no reported casualties among U.S. or coalition troops, but a civilian contractor of died of a heart attack during the rocket strike. The contractor's nationality was not immediately clear.

The rockets struck Ain al-Asad airbase in Anbar province at 7:20 a.m., according to Col. Wayne Marotto, a spokesman for the U.S.-led military coalition.

The Iraqi military released a statement later saying the attack did not cause significant losses and that security forces had found the launch pad used for the missiles. An Iraqi official said it was found in the al-Baghdadi area of Anbar, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to brief media.

Wednesday's attack targeted the same base that Iran struck with a barrage of missiles in January last year in retaliation for the killing of Soleimani. Dozens of U.S. service members were injured, suffering concussions in that strike. As David Martin reported for "60 Minutes," the strike was the largest ever ballistic missile attack against Americans.

Lets hope this tit for tat stops here.

Rocket hit airbase in Iraq that hosts U.S. troops, a year after similar attack brought U.S. and Iran close to war - CBS News
Baghdad — At least 10 rockets targeted a military base in western Iraq that hosts about 2,000 U.S. troops on Wednesday, American and Iraqi military officials said. A U.S. defense official told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin there were no reported casualties among U.S. or coalition troops, but a civilian contractor of died of a heart attack during the rocket strike. The contractor's nationality was not immediately clear.

The rockets struck Ain al-Asad airbase in Anbar province at 7:20 a.m., according to Col. Wayne Marotto, a spokesman for the U.S.-led military coalition.

The Iraqi military released a statement later saying the attack did not cause significant losses and that security forces had found the launch pad used for the missiles. An Iraqi official said it was found in the al-Baghdadi area of Anbar, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to brief media.

Wednesday's attack targeted the same base that Iran struck with a barrage of missiles in January last year in retaliation for the killing of Soleimani. Dozens of U.S. service members were injured, suffering concussions in that strike. As David Martin reported for "60 Minutes," the strike was the largest ever ballistic missile attack against Americans.
What is more significant is that this attack came one week after Biden attacked Iranian-controlled terrorists at a base in Syria.

It seems that Biden's attack was aimed at discouraging future attacks on US military and US citizens.

The strike came a week after the Biden administration hit Syria and killed Iranian-backed militia and wounded two others.

“What I can tell you is that we believe right now there was likely one militia member killed, and two militia members wounded,” John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, said to reporters.

“One of the things that we were certainly hoping to achieve as a result of that strike was to deter future such attacks by militia groups on our people, our facilities and our active partners,” the press secretary said.

Clearly, Biden has failed...again.

What is more significant is that this attack came one week after Biden attacked Iranian-controlled terrorists at a base in Syria.

It seems that Biden's attack was aimed at discouraging future attacks on US military and US citizens.

The strike came a week after the Biden administration hit Syria and killed Iranian-backed militia and wounded two others.​
“What I can tell you is that we believe right now there was likely one militia member killed, and two militia members wounded,” John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, said to reporters.​
“One of the things that we were certainly hoping to achieve as a result of that strike was to deter future such attacks by militia groups on our people, our facilities and our active partners,” the press secretary said.​

Seems you want Biden to fail.
Iran is being the usual pain in the rear as it has been for years.

Wonder if you would have the same view if it was Trump who bombed the base in Syria?

Wonder if you would have the same view if it was Trump who bombed the base in Syria?
Or Hillary Clinton.

Why won't Iran just behave how the "leader of the free world" wants it to?

Because Iran's leadership is a bunch of theocratic dickholes.

The strike came a week after the Biden administration hit Syria and killed Iranian-backed militia and wounded two others.​
“What I can tell you is that we believe right now there was likely one militia member killed, and two militia members wounded,” John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, said to reporters.​
“One of the things that we were certainly hoping to achieve as a result of that strike was to deter future such attacks by militia groups on our people, our facilities and our active partners,” the press secretary said.​

I am just flabaergasted! We killed one of theirs, that should have scared the bejeebers out of them. It would have scared sleepy incompetent Biden. What is he gonna do now----kill two?

Look at all these pro America Republicans completely leaving out the fact that these people had been sending bombs our way.

They're not pro America Republicans.

???
That was the answer to the question you asked. Why deflect when you're the one who asked the question?
It's not deflection. What gives the US government the right to be the enforcer anywhere but in US territory?

1. I want Biden to get the **** out of the WH.
2. Trump wouldn't have made the weak move Biden did. He would have taken action that would have made it VERY clear that Iran being a "usual pain in the rear"...by killing Americans...won't be tolerated.

But I have to ask you? Why are you characterizing Iran killing Americans as nothing more than being a pain in the rear? Do you care so little for American lives?

It's not deflection. What gives the US government the right to be the enforcer anywhere but in US territory?
Theocratic dickholes ****ing up stability and threatening allies, likely.

Good question.
Do you believe Iran behaves in a manner in which the world should accept?

Theocratic dickholes ****ing up stability and threatening allies, likely.
Western powers have been destabilizing the Global South for a long time so they could control as much of the world and its resources as possible.

According to you we should have ignored WW2. We have to get involved because nobody else will. If we were to just sit on the sidelines we some day will all be speaking a foreign language saluting a foreign flag.

Good question.
Do you believe Iran behaves in a manner in which the world should accept?
I'm strongly against all human and biosphere rights abuses.

Western powers have been destabilizing the Global South for a long time so they could control as much of the world and its resources as possible.
So it goes.

1. I want Biden to get the **** out of the WH.
2. Trump wouldn't have made the weak move Biden did. He would have taken action that would have made it VERY clear that Iran being a "usual pain in the rear"...by killing Americans...won't be tolerated.

But I have to ask you? Why are you characterizing Iran killing Americans as nothing more than being a pain in the rear? Do you care so little for American lives?
Jump to conclusions much? I won't dignify your question beyond saying if you have followed my posts over the years you would realize I care a great deal about American lives.

You're apathetic about what's done to them but judge what they do.
Not a Vonnegut fan, I see. It's not apathy, what happened happened. It doesn't change any of the answers I've given. Why won't Iran just listen to the "Leader of the free world" (or the West in general for that matter)? Because their leadership is theocratic dickholes. Why does the west have "authority to play enforcer" because theocratic dickholes are upsetting stability and threatening allies.

Theocracy is stupid, it doesn't work for the rights of its citizens, and the instillation of false belief that one rules as appointed by God leads them to **** around in a region, thus gaining the attention of other nations who have interest in stability and the longevity of their allies in said area.

If you're so worried about human rights, I'd suggest you go take it up with Iran. If they stop being theocratic dickholes at some point, real gains will become feasible. And maybe the Iranian People will quit getting dicked over by their government.

Not a Vonnegut fan, I see. It's not apathy, what happened happened. It doesn't change any of the answers I've given. Why won't Iran just listen to the "Leader of the free world" (or the West in general for that matter)? Because their leadership is theocratic dickholes. Why does the west have "authority to play enforcer" because theocratic dickholes are upsetting stability and threatening allies.

Theocracy is stupid, it doesn't work for the rights of its citizens, and the instillation of false belief that one rules as appointed by God leads them to **** around in a region, thus gaining the attention of other nations who have interest in stability and the longevity of their allies in said area.

If you're so worried about human rights, I'd suggest you go take it up with Iran. If they stop being theocratic dickholes at some point, real gains will become feasible. And maybe the Iranian People will quit getting dicked over by their government.
If you're not concerned about human rights why are you commenting on human rights?

Back
Top Bottom