• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Iran Revolutionary Guard commander says 'revenge' coming for Soleimani strike from 'within' US

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Hard to say how Biden would react. This might be just to find out. They knew what Trump would do.

Hard to say how Biden would react. This might be just to find out. They knew what Trump would do.
Yeah, send the Tomahawks after making sure everyone knew where and when, FFS, Trump cannot even fire someone face to face!

He would declare that he has a powerful Iran response, a beautiful response, and people are going to be working on it and Grandpappy won't even believe how amazing the response is. No one has ever seen such a powerful and amazing Iran plan, and they tell him "Sir," because they like to call him Sir because of great respect, they say "Sir, no one ever knew we could do such things to Iran." The response is going to be revealed in a few weeks, and the ratings are through the roof, it has the highest ratings in the history of Iran responses. It will have great power and strength and great tremendousness.

Then he'd play golf.

Biden would probably print some more money and try to buy them off. It's all he knows how to do.

Biden would probably print some more money and try to buy them off. It's all he knows how to do.
And send the money via plane under the cloak of darkness. Just like his former boss taught him.

And send the money via plane under the cloak of darkness. Just like his former boss taught him.

When are you going to admit that you KNOW that the money always belonged to Iran and that we had frozen it, and UNFROZE it in return for Iran's cooperation on the nuke deal?

When are you going to admit that you KNOW that the money always belonged to Iran and that we had frozen it, and UNFROZE it in return for Iran's cooperation on the nuke deal?
Iran didn't deserve that money. The families of those killed because of their terrorist actions did.

Iran didn't deserve that money. The families of those killed because of their terrorist actions did.

If you want to argue that we shouldn't have unfrozen the funds, that's another story altogether, but the point is, it was an incentive to get them to agree to the deal and at the time, it worked, because
Iran signed on and agreed to cooperate with all FIVE allied nations.
It WAS THEIR money however, theirs all along....we did not give them any money, we just unfroze the funds that they had over here, that's all.

They were awfully quiet when Trump knocked off Soleimani.

If you want to argue that we shouldn't have unfrozen the funds, that's another story altogether, but the point is, it was an incentive to get them to agree to the deal and at the time, it worked, because
Iran signed on and agreed to cooperate with all FIVE allied nations.
It WAS THEIR money however, theirs all along....we did not give them any money, we just unfroze the funds that they had over here, that's all.

Sounds to me like Iran received money that had been lost to them for good. I am surprised the Iranians have not sent Joe a bill for losses to Iran from US support for Saddam during the Iran/Iraq war. Some lawyer should be able to show that the US owes them for that.

They were awfully quiet when Trump knocked off Soleimani.

Other than that missile strike on our base in Iraq that gave dozens of troops a concussion.(y)

Sounds to me like Iran received money that had been lost to them for good. I am surprised the Iranians have not sent Joe a bill for losses to Iran from US support for Saddam during the Iran/Iraq war. Some lawyer should be able to show that the US owes them for that.

Oh, so we're going to ignore the simple concept of keeping one's word.

Oh, so we're going to ignore the simple concept of keeping one's word.

I must confess you are a better person than myself, Checkerboard. The money does belong to Iran, nothing says it had to be handed to any specific Iranian government. Especially the regime that caused the freezing of the assets in the first place.

Other than that missile strike on our base in Iraq that gave dozens of troops a concussion.(y)

For Supermani? I will say Supermani was worth more to the Mullahs. "Supermani" was the Iranian play on "Soleimani".

Unmarked bills and bearer bonds

Send a jet full of money.

Worked for Obama.
when you post that do you even care that we had frozen their $$$$ and then finally released their $$$$?

this sucks. we have our hands full fighting domestic terrorists.

You mean Iranian money that was previously impounded?

Its not a matter of deserving when dealing with diplomacy.

I must confess you are a better person than myself, Checkerboard. The money does belong to Iran, nothing says it had to be handed to any specific Iranian government. Especially the regime that caused the freezing of the assets in the first place.

Thanks, and actually it is indeed a different regime, or was anyway.
I don't even have a good bead on what the current regime is like other than they seem to be a bit more hard line than the last one.

Back
Top Bottom