• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iran President: "Holocaust A Myth"

Iran is currently manufacturing what is known in weapons technology as C3 centrifuges. This technology is strictly used to obtain highly enrichred uranium (HEU) from uranium-hexaflourine which is a byproduct of the nuclear fuel cycle. A 1000 unit centrifuge-cascade will yield enough HEU for approx 1 to 5 nuclear weapons per year. At the very most, Iran is less than two years away from mass-producing nuclear weapons.

The Iranian Shahab-6 missile which is in proto-production, has the range to target Europe. The Shahab-7 which is in R&D, will be able to target the eastern seaboard United States.

So bomb them now?

With us next door?

And with the whole world turning against Iran?

There are alternatives to war. We're already stretched out as thin as it is and its not as though Iran has the greatest options in the world. I believe he will go the way of North Korea.

The Real McCoy said:
I agree 100%

For whatever reason, the guy wants attention. None of what he says should be taken too seriously, and it isn't. With all the outrageous statements he's made during his short career as president, the world hasn't made all that big a deal out of it.

I think hes talking much smack for a reason. I guess awhile back he and the muslim country leaders/mullahs in the area got together and drew straws as to who has to provoke Israel enough to draw all the muslim countries into an all out war. I would think they had learned something the last two times they tried this BS and got stomped into the desert. Its about that time again....

FinnMacCool said:
We could do a lot worse, in my opinion. I am not a big fan of bombing. We killed a lot of innocent Afghani civillians during our bombing of Afghanistan.

Yes, but civilians killed in bombings do not spark the international controvsery that civilians killed by pissed off stressed out soldiers do.

Its a hell of alot more "sick-minded" looking of us to have soldiers killing others to blow off steam than it is for us to "accidentally" blow up some people during a bombing mission.

Its a hell of alot more "sick-minded" looking of us to have soldiers killing others to blow off steam than it is for us to "accidentally" blow up some people during a bombing mission.

True that. War sucks.

FinnMacCool said:
So bomb them now?

Yes, now, before they get nuclear weapons.

FinnMacCool said:
With us next door?

It's better than letting them get nuclear weapons. We could discreetly inform Iran in no uncertain terms at the beginning of the air campaign, that our air strikes are designed simply to remove their nuclear capabilities, and if any retaliation was made against any other country in the region it would be the end of their regime.

Would that work? Who knows. But even if they invaded Iraq it wouldn't be as bad as them having nuclear weapons. Our military is very effective at defeating opposing militaries.

FinnMacCool said:
And with the whole world turning against Iran?

Yes, that makes it the perfect time to attack. We'd most likely have a lot more support for an attack on Iran than we did for Iraq, simply because Iran is a real threat whereas most of the world correctly realized that the allegations against Iraq were entirely bullshit.

FinnMacCool said:
There are alternatives to war. We're already stretched out as thin as it is and its not as though Iran has the greatest options in the world. I believe he will go the way of North Korea.

Is that supposed to be reassuring?

Kandhar,
you act as though they will create a bomb by tommorow night and launch it the very next day. We can still "persuade" him to dismantle his weapons program. We can still bring the threat of force to the table without using it. Pure force should be a final option if it has been determined that they will not comply.

FinnMacCool said:
Kandhar,
you act as though they will create a bomb by tommorow night and launch it the very next day. We can still "persuade" him to dismantle his weapons program. We can still bring the threat of force to the table without using it. Pure force should be a final option if it has been determined that they will not comply.

We've tried but they continue to assert their nuclear programs are for energy only, which is admirable if it's true. Perosnally, I think the U.S. should be building more nuclear power plants.

We've tried but they continue to assert their nuclear programs are for energy only, which is admirable if it's true. Perosnally, I think the U.S. should be building more nuclear power plants.

Well then we should send in inspectors to see if this is the truth. We shouldn't just "assume" that they are lying to us simply cause they are Iran.

FinnMacCool said:
Kandhar,
you act as though they will create a bomb by tommorow night and launch it the very next day.

Yes, that's basically what I believe will happen. Iran is anywhere from six months to three years from producing a nuclear weapon, so this is a problem of the highest urgency. And if they get a nuclear weapon, I have no doubt that they'd launch it against Israel knowing full well that it would cause the annihilation of their own government. The Iranian regime is simply NOT rational, and in fact is utterly insane.

FinnMacCool said:
We can still "persuade" him to dismantle his weapons program.

I disagree. Iran has told the EU in no uncertain terms that any negotiations will be for the purpose of allowing Iran to CONTINUE its nuclear program, not to abandon it.

There is absolutely no possibility that Iran will change its mind in my opinion.

FinnMacCool said:
We can still bring the threat of force to the table without using it. Pure force should be a final option if it has been determined that they will not comply.

I agree. Hopefully the threat of imminent air strikes will inspire a coup or revolution.

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
Well then we should send in inspectors to see if this is the truth. We shouldn't just "assume" that they are lying to us simply cause they are Iran.

Iran has refused to allow weapons inspectors into the country. That's one of the main reasons that alarm bells are going off about Iran's nuclear programs.

Kandahar said:
Iran has refused to allow weapons inspectors into the country. That's one of the main reasons that alarm bells are going off about Iran's nuclear programs.

Who gives a **** about inspectors Iran has announced their intentions to violate the non-proliferation agreement, they've said they're actively seeking nuclear tech by their own words, and for what possible reason could one of the worlds largest natural gas and oil producers need nuclear tech for? I wonder maybe to wipe Israel off the map?:2wave:

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Who gives a **** about inspectors Iran has announced their intentions to violate the non-proliferation agreement, they've said they're actively seeking nuclear tech by their own words, and for what possible reason could one of the worlds largest natural gas and oil producers need nuclear tech for? I wonder maybe to wipe Israel off the map?:2wave:

Agreed. Ahmadinejad is obviously an idiot if he expects anyone to believe that Iran's nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes" when he publicly states that Israel should be wiped off the map (or relocated to Europe or America) and that the holocaust didn't happen.

Kandahar said:
Agreed. Ahmadinejad is obviously an idiot if he expects anyone to believe that Iran's nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes" when he publicly states that Israel should be wiped off the map (or relocated to Europe or America) and that the holocaust didn't happen.

I didn't need those statements to know that one of the worlds largest oil and natural gas producers doesn't need nuke tech for energy. Really it's a no brainer on all levels.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:

The Non-Proliferation Treaty has no real meat behind it. Iran will simply withdraw from it the same way India, Pakistan, Israel, and North Korea did as soon as they have actual weapons.

History has generally shown that while the military option is always there it is almost never a good option. I'm hopeful that this thing won't escalate into another war, but it doesn't look good at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom