• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iran President: "Holocaust A Myth"

TimmyBoy

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This guy is pretty scary with some of his comments. And he is trying to get nukes:

TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Wednesday the Holocaust is a "myth" that Europeans have used to create a Jewish state in the heart of the Islamic world.

"Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets," Ahmadinejad told a crowd of thousands in the southeastern city of Zahedan.

Six million Jews were killed in Europe during the Nazi Holocaust of World War II.

Ahmadinejad said it was the Europeans who committed crimes against the Jews and they, the United States or Canada, should give part of their land to the Jews to establish a state.

Ahmadinejad provoked an international outcry in October when he called Israel a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the map." Last week, he suggested that Israel should be transferred to Europe, drawing further condemnation.

"If you (Europeans) committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?" Ahmadinejad asked rhetorically Wednesday. "You (Europeans) have to pay the compensation yourself.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051214/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_holocaust

Iranian Imperium?..;)

That's the last straw, as far as I'm concerned. The United States and Israel need to decimate the Iranian military, and they need to do it now. And by now, I mean we'd better get started before New Years Day.

Caine said:
As a converting "Jew by Choice" I am biased here.......But....Iran's leader can go to hell with his views on the Palestinians "Land" that they stole from Israelis so long ago....

I think you Jews and Arabs need to let that **** go about who stole what land. It doesn't do much good to hold a grudge. Heck, I am descended by blood from a Cherokee Native American but I am not Cherokee because I was not raised that way. I will say that alot of people have had injustice committed on them but it doesn't do much good to let it bring you down or cause you to hold a grudge. It just keeps everybody at each other's throats and miserable. It's not always easy to just write **** off but life isn't fair and you just have to deal with it and drive on.

TimmyBoy said:
I think you Jews and Arabs need to let that **** go about who stole what land. It doesn't do much good to hold a grudge. Heck, I am descended by blood from a Cherokee Native American but I am not Cherokee because I was not raised that way. I will say that alot of people have had injustice committed on them but it doesn't do much good to let it bring you down or cause you to hold a grudge. It just keeps everybody at each other's throats and miserable. It's not always easy to just write **** off but life isn't fair and you just have to deal with it and drive on.

Ummm.. deployed for 16 months of a 24 month marriage????

Joined the military and one month later 9/11 gets bombed and we'll never see peace again???

I think I know about life being unfair......:rofl

Caine said:
Ummm.. deployed for 16 months of a 24 month marriage????

Joined the military and one month later 9/11 gets bombed and we'll never see peace again???

I think I know about life being unfair......:rofl

If you know about life being unfair, stop your whining about something that happenned thousands of years ago . Who says we won't see peace again? We won't see peace again with the kind of attitude your taking. I think you are whining too much about things that don't matter anymore.

Last edited:
TimmyBoy said:
If you know about life being unfair, stop your whining about something that happenned thousands of years ago . Who says we won't see peace again? We won't see peace again with the kind of attitude your taking. I think you are whining too much about things that don't matter anymore.

Here is a better way to put it. Stop your whining and live for today and SOLVE the problems of today so that your wife and kids will have a better future rather than adding to the problems. The current mentality of the Middle East of BOTH Israel and the Arabs assures that one day we might just have armegeddon in that part of the world. I would prefer to avoid that scenario. I am getting tired of hearing about the damned conflict and getting this country sucked into BS. And of the Jewish or Arab persecution complex.

It's about that time again for another one of our friend Ahmadinejad's classic statements! :clap:

None of what he says should me taken with much more than a grain of salt. Frankly, the man doesn't scare me.. he's more like the comedic relief in the Middle East IMO... I'm always looking forward to what he'll say next.

TimmyBoy said:
Here is a better way to put it. Stop your whining and live for today and SOLVE the problems of today so that your wife and kids will have a better future rather than adding to the problems. The current mentality of the Middle East of BOTH Israel and the Arabs assures that one day we might just have armegeddon in that part of the world. I would prefer to avoid that scenario. I am getting tired of hearing about the damned conflict and getting this country sucked into BS. And of the Jewish or Arab persecution complex.

Wow... two posts of this crap.

Im so very sorry if my opinion seemed to offend you somehow...
Holy ****.....

I was watching C-Span the other morning, Sunday morning I believe, and a woman was on who once worked for the government of Iran. So I thought, what the heck, I'll call in, and after two rings, I was on! I asked her if there were any rational voices, or party's in the government, anyone who would question the presidents inappropriate, and dangerous rhetoric. She said, there was, but that they would be very frightened to speak out. This tells me that nothing will change in this terrorist state, and we will soon all be addressing Iran, it may very well have to be a nuclear attack.

Kandahar said:
That's the last straw, as far as I'm concerned. The United States and Israel need to decimate the Iranian military, and they need to do it now. And by now, I mean we'd better get started before New Years Day.

For some reason most of the world doesn't view Iran as a threat. They are well on their way to developing a nuclear weapon and everyone is just shrugging it off.

It will be a sad day when it takes a mushroom cloud as the pretext for military action. I'm all for a American/Israeli (and whoever else wants to join) led strike to take out their facilities.

Both Iran and Israel have made their intentions quite clear -- Iran would like to see Israel wiped off the map, and Israel is just as ready to press the red button to take care of Iran's nuclear sites. On Tuesday israel claimed Iran could start enriching uranium by 2006 and might be capable of producing nuclear bombs within three years. The significance of this statement about Iran's uranium enrichment issue points to the fact that a "red line" has been drawn-I think Israel, in the near future, will be prompted to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's atomic facilities, for the sake of its own security.
scary.....

Maybe after Trajan Octavian Titus is finished debating how great Joe McCarthy is, he can talk some sense into the Iranian President :roll:

hipsterdufus said:
Maybe after Trajan Octavian Titus is finished debating how great Joe McCarthy is, he can talk some sense into the Iranian President :roll:

I say kill him, the world should have learned by now with the rise of Adolf Hitler and the second World War that sometimes politicians mean exactly what they say.

Oh and as for Joe McCarthy being right, you people haven't disproven a single statement and have resulted to ad hominen attacks so well there you have it.

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I say kill him, the world should have learned by now with the rise of Adolf Hitler and the second World War that sometimes politicians mean exactly what they say.

Oh and as for Joe McCarthy being right, you people haven't disproven a single statement and have resulted to ad hominen attacks so well there you have it.

Umm..... lets not get into McCarthy in here...

our friend Ahmadinejad

What he says may not scare you, but an Iran with nukes definitely worries me. I find it incomprehensible that the Israeli's will permit that. I'll leave it to your imagination as to what that will do the Middle East.

I don't think the Iranian presidents gonna do something. Its one thing to say something its another thing to do something. Practically everyone in the Middle East hates Israel so I'm sure he's not someone to take seriously though he shouldn't be allowed to make nukes. On that note, Israel shouldn't and I don't care if they are an ally. Why would someone build a weapon unless they wanted to use it? THat goes for all nations. No one should be allowed to have a nuke. We need to work with the UN and our allies to reduce our nuclear weapons and we also need to do something about ours also.

FinnMacCool said:
I don't think the Iranian presidents gonna do something. Its one thing to say something its another thing to do something. Practically everyone in the Middle East hates Israel so I'm sure he's not someone to take seriously though he shouldn't be allowed to make nukes. On that note, Israel shouldn't and I don't care if they are an ally. Why would someone build a weapon unless they wanted to use it? THat goes for all nations. No one should be allowed to have a nuke. We need to work with the UN and our allies to reduce our nuclear weapons and we also need to do something about ours also.

Dude seriously the lesson of WW2 and Adolf Hitler is that politicians sometimes mean and do exactly what they say they're going to do.

I read an article that Iran is trading oil to North Korea in exchange for assistance in building nuclear warheads. I say we launch an airstrike against their military installations, backed by the UN and Israel. However, Israel's fighters cannot fly to Iran and back; they do not carry enough feul, and that's why they haven't attacked yet. We need long-range bombers. B-25s! Woohoo! Maybe some good ole B-17s would do the trick too...

Some_Guy said:
I read an article that Iran is trading oil to North Korea in exchange for assistance in building nuclear warheads. I say we launch an airstrike against their military installations, backed by the UN and Israel. However, Israel's fighters cannot fly to Iran and back; they do not carry enough feul, and that's why they haven't attacked yet. We need long-range bombers. B-25s! Woohoo! Maybe some good ole B-17s would do the trick too...

I agree Iran is a $hit hole...... but...
What we need to do right now is finish the two conflicts that already have our military stressed out to deployments every 9 months for our troops. (at least it was for me)

Most likely Ahmadinejad is just trying to **** people off. The world has it's eye on him right now, so he probably figures he should milk the media attention for what it's worth.

Chris said:
Most likely Ahmadinejad is just trying to **** people off. The world has it's eye on him right now, so he probably figures he should milk the media attention for what it's worth.

Israel didn't stand by and allow the pursuit of nuclear technology by Iraq, and I tremendously doubt they'll stand by and allow Iran to pursue it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that that is exactly what the Iranian president wants. He wants to be able to say that even though their pursuit of nuclear technology was 100% peaceful, that Israel attacked their facilities just to keep the Iranians down. In this way, he can ensure the recruitment of more anti-semetic/anti-western radicals for years to come.

Question is, what choice do Israel and the west have but to attack their facilites? If we wait until the plant(s) are active, it becomes much more complicated, given that any attack at that point would result in countless civillian casualties.

What it boils down to is that the whole world needs to step up to the plate and prevent any nuclear fuel from ever entering Iran. Naval blockades, air-strikes, whatever it takes. If Iran somehow becomes able to develop nuclear weapons, I have very little doubt that their radical government would use them against targets in Israel and against the US and our allies.

JustMyPOV said:
Israel didn't stand by and allow the pursuit of nuclear technology by Iraq, and I tremendously doubt they'll stand by and allow Iran to pursue it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that that is exactly what the Iranian president wants. He wants to be able to say that even though their pursuit of nuclear technology was 100% peaceful, that Israel attacked their facilities just to keep the Iranians down. In this way, he can ensure the recruitment of more anti-semetic/anti-western radicals for years to come.

Question is, what choice do Israel and the west have but to attack their facilites? If we wait until the plant(s) are active, it becomes much more complicated, given that any attack at that point would result in countless civillian casualties.

What it boils down to is that the whole world needs to step up to the plate and prevent any nuclear fuel from ever entering Iran. Naval blockades, air-strikes, whatever it takes. If Iran somehow becomes able to develop nuclear weapons, I have very little doubt that their radical government would use them against targets in Israel and against the US and our allies.

I agree something needs to be done very quickly.
Unfortunately in the state our military is in right now, it would be difficult to "go it alone", or even with the limited support we have from our allies, since Iraq is also stretching thier much smaller militaries as well, (or so I would assume, I'm not saying I have facts or am an expert on it).

I would assume that if the decision IS made to go after Iran... we would have to make do with Airstrikes similar to what Clinton did to Iraq in the late 90's.

.......No, im not trying to bring up that issue for debate again like some partisan people probably want to, it was used as an example......

Back
Top Bottom