• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Intelligent Design gets the smackdown it deserves

Red-Phase said:
I smell a smear!!!!

keep up the demonizing campiegn...

...No one is demonizing anyone. The school board acted in a way that they should not have, and now they are getting punished for it. They did something wrong - bottom line.

Engimo said:
...No one is demonizing anyone. The school board acted in a way that they should not have, and now they are getting punished for it. They did something wrong - bottom line.

Intelligent Design gets the smackdown it deserves=bible bashing

Red-Phase said:

No, no one is saying anything about the Bible. Intelligent Design is not a scientific theory and we are simply happy that it has been removed from our science classroom. The Bible has no place in public schools.

Red-Phase said:

Wait, are you admitting that Intelligent Design is NOT SCIENCE, but religious Judeo-Christian Theology?

The IDers would flog you for that, they INSIST it is science!

Red-Phase said:
Well, THAT is interesting. The ID supporters have bene adamate that ID is not about the Bible or about God. In fact, that wasd their main argument for putting ID in the Science Classroom.

So now you are saying that the ID were LYING? You are saying they were dishonest in their claim?

That is a fascinating admission on your part.

steen said:
Well, THAT is interesting. The ID supporters have bene adamate that ID is not about the Bible or about God. In fact, that wasd their main argument for putting ID in the Science Classroom.

So now you are saying that the ID were LYING? You are saying they were dishonest in their claim?

That is a fascinating admission on your part.

ID is about God and Creation.Stop with the loaded questions please and put away that poor strawman will ya?

Red-Phase said:
ID is about God and Creation.Stop with the loaded questions please and put away that poor strawman will ya?

Good, now we can get rid of ID from science class. Thank you for your candor. Good to see a Christian (or jew maybe?) not lying about the issue.

Red-Phase said:

So, if ID is about God and Creation, you admit that it is religious and putting it in our schools would be a violation of the Establishment Clause?

libertarian_knight said:
Good, now we can get rid of ID from science class. Thank you for your candor. Good to see a Christian (or jew maybe?) not lying about the issue.

Yes it should be taunt in college instead.Under its own course.
Should be optional.No science class(or any) though should talk agianst ID either to be fair.In high school there should be a religion classes.(to be fair but I don't believe in islam but if there are Christian classes there have to be others too)

Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Engimo said:
So, if ID is about God and Creation, you admit that it is religious and putting it in our schools would be a violation of the Establishment Clause?

yep sure do....

Engimo said:
Well, that's a nice change of pace.

i am not too worried. I am not teaching my children anything other than christianity.So not much loss.

Engimo said:

To be fair science CANNOT talk about anti-ID period.

Red-Phase said:
To be fair science CANNOT talk about anti-ID period.

Er... sure? As long as we don't have to teach it, that's fine with me.

Engimo said:

Isn't it? I really think I can like him now. Even though I think he is wrong, honesty goes a long way toward resolve conflicts.

Thank you Red-Phase.

libertarian_knight said:
Isn't it? I really think I can like him now. Even though I think he is wrong, honesty goes a long way toward resolve conflicts.

Thank you Red-Phase.

my personal opinion is that if children are raised christian then it won't that bad of a loss.Except THERE CANNOT BE ANY ANTI-ID TALK FROM TEACHER EITHER.

Red-Phase said:
my personal opinion is that if children are raised christian then it won't that bad of a loss.Except THERE CANNOT BE ANY ANTI-ID TALK FROM TEACHER EITHER.

Well, if it gets brought up by a child as a matter of science, should the teacher not debunk the factual inaccuries contained in the idea?

Red-Phase said:

three things: 1) there will be anti-ID talk, in certain circles, including education. But it should be mitigated and tempered. In my public education expirience, the only mention of anything like ID was about two sentences in the first chapert of my biology text in college. You don't have much to fear in that regard really.

2) Be careful not to confuse Faith in what some men have said and written, with Faith in God.

3) What is the source of your fear or concern over anti-ID talk? Satisfaction comes from being correct, concern comes from uncertainty.

Engimo said:
Well, if it gets brought up by a child as a matter of science, should the teacher not debunk the factual inaccuries contained in the idea?

They cannot comment on religion at all.

Red-Phase said:
ID is about God and Creation.
No, that would be what is known as "creationism." ID merely claims that some biological structures are to complex to have evolved naturally.

That ID is something that was invented and pushed by creationists when it was clear that creationism wasn't allowed in the classroom and was not science, that is another story.
Stop with the loaded questions please and put away that poor strawman will ya?
Before you decide to make more erroneous claims, it would be beneficial for you to show that you know what you are talking about.

libertarian_knight said:
three things: 1) there will be anti-ID talk, in certain circles, including education. But it should be mitigated and tempered. In my public education expirience, the only mention of anything like ID was about two sentences in the first chapert of my biology text in college. You don't have much to fear in that regard really.

2) Be careful not to confuse Faith in what some men have said and written, with Faith in God.

3) What is the source of your fear or concern over anti-ID talk? Satisfaction comes from being correct, concern comes from uncertainty.

1)actually there will be no ID/anti-ID debate at all.period.

2)I agree.

3)There will be both sides in a debate or no debate(or talk of the subject) at all.

Red-Phase said:
Yes it should be taunt in college instead.Under its own course.
Why? For what reason? We don't teach college courses on how the Earth is flat, or how the sun rotates around the Earth. We don't have classes in false religious-inspired claims in college. So there is no purpose for teaching ID.
Should be optional.No science class(or any) though should talk agianst ID either to be fair.
What do you mean with "fair"? "Fair" is teaching the truth. And it has been demonstrated that ID is not true, so why should that not be pointed out? We have no restriction about not talking about the Flat-Earth society either, so why should we be restricted in speaking against the lies of OD or creationism?
In high school there should be a religion classes.(to be fair but I don't believe in islam but if there are Christian classes there have to be others too)
And what does this have to do with anything?
Stop trying to put words in my mouth.
Stop making false claims about science or about ID.

Red-Phase said:
3)There will be both sides in a debate or no debate(or talk of the subject) at all.
What do you mean with 'debate"? Science uses facts, creationism and ID are based on lies and misrepresentations. There is no debate with lies.

Back
Top Bottom