• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Insights Into Western Propaganda Vis A Vis Ukraine Part 2

Yep, so every century since the 1700s someone has invaded Russia from the West and laid waste to it and its people.

Ancient history.

Given the history of the US and its geographical insulation from attacks on anything like the same level, what is your excuse for it waging illegal wars all over the planet? It can't be a collective conscienceness of victimhood so is it just a legacy of the lawless wild west?

Whataboutism.

In other words, just more of your propaganda against the West while you carefully ignore the killing and destruction of the murderous thug Putin. Nothing new here.

And it's "consciousness".

The US wages illegal wars all over the world? Well, we can discuss that elsewhere but this thread is about propaganda tied to the current circumstances in Ukraine and, at least in the posts I have replied to, you seem to be trying to combat propaganda with more propaganda.

I see it was you that switched from the historic western invasions of Russia from the West only to comment on what I said about the illegal US wars.Then you remind me what this thread is about. lol No further comment required

BTW you seem shocked when your own illegal actions/wars are brought into a discussion. It is a very very common happening here, so I guess you are all at least a little bit edgy on the subject

Another herp derp oneworld2 post. But do go on with your lastworditis.

The " herp derp" posts are to be found in your own commentary and post 8 was classic powerob rubbish

From the 1500s throught to late 1700s the Russian empire expanded across all of Asia, took Crimea, Siberia, warred on Sweden and Finland......

None of which alters what I said about the historical attacks. coming from the west, that have devasted Russia/Russians

So, another few percent.

Wow. What does that make it?

5%?
6%?

Grasping you are.

And the Swedes?

Invading?

:ROFLMAO:

There is something between the Swedes and Russia.

Are you disputing that the inclusion of Ukraine to NATO is somehow not a pretty solid NATO border with western Russia?

It's an easy enough question but you seem reluctant to answer it, why?

None of which alters what I said about the historical attacks. coming from the west, that have devasted Russia/Russians

And Russia devastated the Caucasus. Crimea. The area now known as Ukraine. The area now known as Latvia. Lithuania. Estonia. The area now known as Siberia. The area now known as Georgia. The area now known as Armenia.

Mass deportation. Starvation. Etc., etc.

From the 1500s through the 20th century.

I see it was you that switched from the historic western invasions of Russia from the West only to comment on what I said about the illegal US wars.Then you remind me what this thread is about. lol No further comment required

BTW you seem shocked when your own illegal actions/wars are brought into a discussion. It is a very very common happening here, so I guess you are all at least a little bit edgy on the subject

Yes, you are very good at whataboutism.

Has nothing at all to do with Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

And Russia devastated the Caucasus. Crimea. The area now known as Ukraine. The area now known as Latvia. Lithuania. Estonia. The area now known as Siberia. The area now known as Georgia. The area now known as Armenia.

Mass deportation. Starvation. Etc., etc.

From the 1500s through the 20th century.

None of which alters what I said. You don't seem to understand that.

If we are to judge today on past crimes do you really think Americans are in a good position to attempt to lecture others? lol

Has nothing at all to do with Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

Obviously they think it does and I don't see how any objective analysis would seek not to include the historical context of Russias western border as being in the collective consciousness of the Russian people

If we are to judge today on past crimes do you really think Americans are in a good position to attempt to lecture others? lol

You babble about western attacks on Russia but ignore centuries of Russian expansion that did not end at the end of WWII.

5 or 6 percent of Russia's border?

Yes, but that's not the question is it?

The western border, how much of it is covered by NATO members should Ukraine become another one?

You babble about western attacks on Russia but ignore centuries of Russian expansion that did not end at the end of WWII.
The attacks from the West into Russia are relevant to this situation today. I don't know why you are protesting about it

What about your own expansionism ? Canada was lucky, Mexico not so much, The first nation Americans? genocided

Whataboutism. Almost ANYBODY is in a position to lecture the evil madman thug Putin at the present time.

The attacks from the West into Russia are relevant to this situation today. I don't know why you are protesting about it

What about your own expansionism ? Canada was lucky, Mexico not so much, The first nation Americans? genocided

European nations did not join NATO because they wanted to invade Russia. They did so because they FEARED Russia. That is the foundational fact of this discussion. I have no idea why you can’t understand that. More dedicated to Putin propaganda, I suppose.

European nations did not join NATO because they wanted to invade Russia. They did so because they FEARED Russia. That is the foundational fact of this discussion. I have no idea why you can’t understand that. More dedicated to Putin propaganda, I suppose.

If the US hadn't have clung on to its Cold War mentality in not allowing Russia into NATO they wouldn't have to fear them anyhow. We are seeing the same thing with China, a Cold war mentality that wishes to " contain" these countries and influence their sovereign decision making. Oh the irony when posited against the example of Ukrainian sovereignty

If the US hadn't have clung on to its Cold War mentality in not allowing Russia into NATO they wouldn't have to fear them anyhow. We are seeing the same thing with China, a Cold war mentality that wishes to " contain" these countries and influence their sovereign decision making. Oh the irony when posited against the example of Ukrainian sovereignty

See the last sentence of post #69. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom