• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inquiry launched into gay parent study

Bullcrap. I'm not sitting here as some political hack who is angry at a study that paints a negative light on gay and lesbian parents. I'm a social scientist who is pissed because the researcher of this study specifically designed the study to produce this result.

Here is a question for ya. If I had a study comparing the outcomes of children raised by married same sex couples to the outcomes of children raised by divorced or separated heterosexual couples, would you have argued that there is no methodological error in my study?

It would, of course, entirely depend on the variable being looked at.

That is exactly what his study does, only it switches it. He compares the outcomes of children raised by married heterosexual couples to the outcomes of children raised by gay and lesbian parents who are typically divorced or separated.

No, it doesn't. It compares numerous groups, of almost every imaginable family origin, all compared to intact biological families. Parents of adopted chaildren aren't screaming about the results. Divorced parents aren't screaming the results. Single parents aren't screaming about the results. It's only the gaystapo and their media liars complaining about the results.

Now if you want to get into a debate about the stability of same sex relationships, then this study could certainly make great fodder for fighting for same sex marriage, but that is neither here not there. I wouldn't use it for that anymore than I would use it to argue against same sex marriage.

The fact is that even well done research isn't good research if it is done with an agenda to produce desired results. Is the other research out there perfect? No. But don't give me this bull**** like the two situations are comparable. This study within a few weeks has been used to argue against same sex marriage on the state and national level and has been used to attack gay and lesbian parents and call them pedophiles. That is disgusting no matter how you try to spin it.

How the results of the study are applied/abused by others is not at all a reflection on the study itself, and it's unfair to impure someone conducting studies that are later manipulated by others.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't. It compares numerous groups, of almost every imaginable family origin, all compared to intact biological families. Parents of adopted chaildren aren't screaming about the results. Divorced parents aren't screaming the results. Single parents aren't screaming about the results. It's only the gaystapo and their media liars complaining about the results.

Um...it couldn't. That shows you haven't actually read this study. I'll explain very simply why it couldn't. Not a single participant in this study was raised by a married same sex couple. How do I know that? Because same sex marriage did not exist in this country when these individuals were children. In fact, virtually none of the 200 people in the sample of "gay" and "lesbian" raised people were actually raised by same sex couples married or unmarried.

This study in no way isolates for sexual orientation. It only isolates for marriage. And as we already knew, outcomes from children from married homes are better than outcomes for children from unmarried homes. I would have gotten the exact same results in this study by comparing children raised by umarried heterosexual parents to children of married heterosexual parents.

Now please go read the study if you are going to comment. I get tired of people coming into this thread and failing to even do that much.

How the results of the study are applied/abused by others is not at all a reflection on the study itself, and it's unfair to impure someone conducting studies that are later manipulated by others.

Because they are using the faulty conclusions he stated in his research.

Last edited:
Um...it couldn't. That shows you haven't actually read this study. I'll explain very simply why it couldn't. Not a single participant in this study was raised by a married same sex couple. How do I know that? Because same sex marriage did not exist in this country when these individuals were children. In fact, virtually none of the 200 people in the sample of "gay" and "lesbian" raised people were actually raised by same sex couples married or unmarried.

This study in no way isolates for sexual orientation. It only isolates for marriage. And as we already knew, outcomes from children from married homes are better than outcomes for children from unmarried homes. I would have gotten the exact same results in this study by comparing children raised by umarried heterosexual parents to children of married heterosexual parents.

Now please go read the study if you are going to comment. I get tired of people coming into this thread and failing to even do that much.

Because they are using the faulty conclusions he stated in his research.

in summary:

1. you are just a storm trooper for the gaystapo.
2. you are completely detached from reality.
3. everything is flawed/biased unless in conforms to your very own flaws and biases. then it's sound science.

in summary:

1. you are just a storm trooper for the gaystapo.
2. you are completely detached from reality.
3. everything is flawed/biased unless in conforms to your very own flaws and biases. then it's sound science.

I actually give a crap about scientific integrity and you don't.

That is proven by how you didn't actually address my points.

God, I love beating the pants off people, but its sad when they try these little petty shots when they run off with their tail between their legs.

It would, of course, entirely depend on the variable being looked at.

Hey, did you think maybe the "gaystapo" was "screaming" about this study because the study is being used in an attempt to deny them basic civil liberties?

Back
Top Bottom