• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In your opinion is Ashli Babbit a traitor or a hero?

Wrong she was in the act of a terrorist attack and should have been shot on her way through the front door!!!
LOL!!

And yet, the DOJ doesn't think any of the people they arrested should be charged with terrorism.

TDS is a terrible thing, isn't it?

No BLM mob has ever stormed a building while shouting about murdering the government officials inside. It's a ridiculous comparison

Really?

Demonstrators chanting "Black Lives Matter" stormed the Oklahoma Capitol on Wednesday, forcing the state House of Representatives into lockdown.

So let me get this straight from what you just said. He shot the first one THROUGH the broken window. That implies that person wasn't inside the building and not a threat.
She was already inside the building. The window she was climbing through was part of the inside door that was keeping the rioters from getting to the congressmen and women.

She was an unarmed female protester who in the passions that mob mentality invokes and absolutely believing democracy itself was a stake in her heart and mind, was needlessly and illegally (civil and criminal) murdered by a police officer. She is neither hero nor villain. She was a patriot. Misguided? Who in any riot isn't?

If point blank gunning down unarmed rioters breaking into a non-resident building - even if people are inside - rather than as least trying tasers and tear gas/pepper spray - then at least 1000 Antifa, BLM and leftwing protesters should be in the grave, and for the rest tens of thousands charged with felonies. Every Democratic who occupied the Wisconsin state capitol also should be declared "insurrectionists" as they DID stop government - for days - and state government is in the Constitution too, not just federal government.

But none were. None prosecuted. None imprisoned. None shot to death. Because they were Democratic "insurrectionists," "traitors," and "rioters breaking into buildings including a capitol building.

For laws to be just they must be uniformly enforced and prosecuted - or not enforced or prosecuted at all. She was killed and there are over 500 prosecutions so far - for which under the premise of equal treatment under the law they are being prosecuted for being the opposition of Democrats. It is all Democratic officials prosecuting them, like it is all Democratic officials not prosecuting Democrats who did the same or worse.
Another deflection, Stick to the subject or do not play.

In your opinion is Ashli Babbit a traitor or a hero?​

She is neither...but she is a victim.
A victim of who, Trump who fed her the lies that got her to that point. Sorry, she made a decision that cost her her life. We are responsible for those decisions we make.

Really?

Yes. Really.

Video showed demonstrators chanting, "Stand united against all hate," and "We will use our voices to stand against corruption, to fight hate, to defend Black and Brown lives."
I guess that's almost the same thing as "hang Mike Pence". If you're extremely dishonest

One man stood nose-to-nose with a lawmaker who met him on the gallery in what appeared to be a heated verbal confrontation until another female protester pulled him away.
How horrifying! It's nearly the same thing as breaking windows, busting down doors, and beating up police.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Just look at this violent mob! They've even weaponized their handbags!
Video-2.jpg

Almost identical to this other mob crushing a police officer.

neither: she was an american citizen, who even though perhaps engaging in illegal activity, still has the right for her death to be investigated properly and the facts to be known.
It has been by the police and it was found to be a good shooting. You participate in a wrong doing, sometimes you pay the price.

I see her as a person who was misguided. She was someone who got involved and made an effort for what she believed in. I give her credit for that more than being someone who 'didn't give a crap' or worse.

However. She was also someone who succumbed to a con job and became a cult member and fought against her country and the law misguidedly thinking she was acting patriotically.

So, I'm saying there are types of traitors, and she wasn't the worst, but she was one, with a big part of that story being the people very responsible for much of the situation, trump and other politicians who supported him.

So I view her being shot as a tragedy, with the blame partly on her and partly on trump and others. I do distinguish people who 'think' they are acting for a reason when it's misguided.
Traitor is a bit over the top to describe her, but the rest of your post is right on.

The right wing media is making Ashli Babbit into a hero and a martyr. Typical lies I have heard are that she was trying to escape the building by climbing out a window and that the policeman shoot her in the head for no reason.. Well, first, she was trying to get into the hall where just a few feet away they were ushering congressmen away from the rioters who like Babbit were trying to get to the congressmen to take them hostage, to hang them, we will never know as the policeman shot the first one through the broken window and the rest of them then just ran. And the policeman did not shoot her in the head, but in the side. My opinion is that this woman took an oath to up hold the constitution and laws of the United States and that oath does not end when you leave the military. In entering the Capital to stop the congress from doing its constitutional duty and following the laws of our country, she violated that oath and thus gave up hr right to expect she would be allowed to attack our capital with impunity. She was not a martyr or a hero, she was a seditionist and paid the price for her actions. What is your opinion?
Not a hero , not a traitor, a stooge. I'm sorry she's dead. I don't like it when people die. She died for a delusion, not a noble cause, so she doesn't qualify as a martyr. Trump and his cult have much to answer for.

The Trump traitors in their usual perverse fashion, want to turn her into a martyr for the cause of Trumpism and tearing down democracy.

Many deny it, but if Trump had got his way, they wouldn’t be saying anything.

I don't think as a soldier she should have been doing what she was doing for sure. Even if she wasn't shot her military career was and should have been over. As an MP in the army I cannot see all those well trained security people protecting our congress having to execute an unarmed woman. That is something I would expect from the security in China or Russia. But that seems to be the direction we are headed so I guess it should not surprise us. Big government ruling over the people. Now all we need is federal police our own Gestapo and maybe the sane federal government should start counting the votes at elections.

Plus the incredible insurrection lie that 10's of thousands of armed citizens tried to overthrow the government. My god a mentally ill teenager has killed more people than all these supposedly armed insurrectionist. The only person I know of who was killed was a single unarmed woman that any competent security people should have been able to arrest. Even a few armed insurrectionist should have been able to kill somebody even by accident.

The Trump traitors in their usual perverse fashion, want to turn her into a martyr for the cause of Trumpism and tearing down democracy.

Many deny it, but if Trump had got his way, they wouldn’t be saying anything.
She is no martyr. She was executed however. As a person who worked security in our military there is no question in my mind that she was executed.

In the video she appears to have two arms. Both are being used in an attempt to climb through a smashed window her fellow insurrectionists destroyed.
If she had gotten in do you really think the others would not have followed, really? And once the mob was in and the mob mentality took over, what would they have done to our congressmen and women?

Back
Top Bottom