• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In the Olympics if the contest is between the UK and an EU-country - who do you root for?

I will then root for ...

• an Eu-country

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • the UK

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • neither

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • an African country

• an Asian country

• an American country

• a South Sea country

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In the Olympics if the contest is between the UK and an EU-country - who do you root for?

I haven’t given a crap about the Olympics since I was a kid of 15 or less. I sometimes read about an individual achievement and say, “Wow! That’s pretty amazing.” But I could not care less what country they come from.

Defenitely for a South Sea country, if one takes part.

I don't root for anyone...I don't watch the Olympics and spend my time doing more important things, like working and spending time with family.

1 voice says: Neither

But I could not care less what country they come from.
Now I do not care about Olympics in general.
But the different countries in this world interest me.

2 out of 3 say:

a South Sea country​

Until they change the Olympic rules to make the games contests between countries, I will, as always, continue to root for "the athletes".

I'll root for the team that has the most players with blue eyes, whichever that country might be.
After all only 18% of the population has blue eyes so I'm with the minority on this one!

I'll root for the team that has the most players with blue eyes, whichever that country might be.
Now isn't that racist? :cool:
I am only joking - pardon the joke! :D

After all only 18% of the population has blue eyes so I'm with the minority on this one!
We might have a poll: "What is the colour of your eyes?"
In another section. :)

Don't watch the Olympics so I pick neither.

Don't watch the Olympics so I pick neither.

The AVERAGE "Olympic" athlete spends around $50,000 per year for training - personally.

Then there are the assorted costs associated with the logistics of actually getting someone to the Olympics, which probably run to another $50,000 per year.

The average cost of a shelter bed for a homeless person is around $10.00 per day, or $3,650 per year, so that means that a single Olympic athlete costs as much as around about the same as it would take to provide shelter beds for approximately 27 homeless people.

There are 613 people on the 2021 US Olympic team, so that means that that team costs around as much as it would take to provide shelter beds for approximately 16,551 homeless people.

And that does NOT include the people who didn't "make the team".

If you toss in even one of the "Big 3" professional sports, that means that American likely spends enough on "sports" to house all of its homeless people.

Since the Olympics are only shown live in East Asia and Japan, I can't root for any team. They already finished the contest hours before NBC or one of its affiliates shows it.

As a patriotic citizen, I always want America to win. If the United States is not in it, I don't care who won.

Between the protestors, the quitters, and the rest, I could care less about the Olympics.

Between the protestors, the quitters, and the rest, I could care less about the Olympics.
And the defectors. Don't forget those forced to defect. Thanks!!

I just hope everyone has a good time.

Generally I root for the UK but I also root for underdogs where I can. Otherwise, I root for anyone who doesn't come from a country where drugs abuse for athletic prowess can be done on an industrial scale (koff koff china koff)

The Olympics are not a contest between the UK and a(ny) EU country, so the question is completely moot.

Germany used to be relevant in the summer Olympics, however they have slumped greatly in recent years. The UK and other EU nations have never been a factor. It is kind of like cheering for a team in the losers bracket. What difference does it make?

I'm not a fan of the summer Olympics-- too many 3rd world competitors, but I would rather see the UK win. If not the UK then nations with better cultures. If the competition were to be between Japan and Armenia, I would root for Japan.

Winter Olympics any Noridic country I prefer, especially in hockey. Love it when Sweden defeats Germany on the ice.

Back
Top Bottom