• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In-person voting --- vaccine card?

Should you have to show your vaccine card to vote in-person?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Everything under the sun can be gotten by mail or internet. I see no reason why people can’t show an ID to vote. However, I vote no when it comes to vaxx ID’s. Obviously, voting is a constitutional right, but there’s nothing in the law that requires vaccination.

I dont show a vaccine card when I go to the store, I also dont wear a mask. It isnt required.
I dont show a vaccine card to go anywhere in fact, although I might have done that when I attended a couple of music events last fall that were in crowded places.

I dont think showing a vaccine card to vote should be a requirement at this time, although I do have it there in my wallet right under my ID.
And I show my ID anyway....so it would be a very simple matter to show the vaccine card too if required.

My polling place is not a crowded place, I generally walk right in, theres a few other people there, and I vote and am out all within a few minutes.
makes no difference to me, but I voted "No" because "makes no difference" wasnt an option.

For any in-person voting, should you have to show your vaccine card in order to vote that way? Please vote and explain in the comments.
Of course not. No explanation is really needed

Those who choose not to vaccinate are already treated as 2nd class citizens,

As they should be.
Their willful stupidity has set us back mightily in the covid fight, and cost more than just a few people their very lives.

I voted no - I don't like to see anyone disenfranchised

No. There is no “science” which indicates that the unvaccinated are more apt to spread COVID-19 than the ‘fully vaccinated’ (and ‘boosted’).

You say there isnt, my doctors all say otherwise.
Not really an argument I'm interested in having now tho, as covid is in my rear view mirror at this point.
Just noting that my doctors all disagree with your opinion.

There was t another so I didn’t vote, but….

Each state can determine how the voting process works as long as it isn’t somehow violating the Constitution. Which will require, ultimately, a ruling from the SC.

If a state require in-person voting, no mail-in or such things, and no vaccine card required…a voter with a compromised immune system, or a person with family or partner who has such a condition may feel their right to vote is violated and could make a case for it if other methods aren’t provided. Just throwing that possibility out there.

Side note: I love how folks make getting to the polls hard now (like no early voting, no bussing after church, closing polling places, etc.) will pitch a fit if they have to provide a vaccination card.

For any in-person voting, should you have to show your vaccine card in order to vote that way? Please vote and explain in the comments.
No, for two reasons:

1. By November 2022, the pandemic will probably be over for everyone who wants it to be over.

2. Voting is a right that should be guaranteed to everyone. (Cue the pedants asserting that there is no right to vote in the Constitution. Yes yes, you guys are very smart.) That means that we should generally not put barriers in place, even if those barriers might be appropriate for less-important settings. I would say the same applies to people going to court, because that's a guaranteed public service that should be available to everyone.

I'm curious as to what the current situation is on the East Coast...are places actually requiring vaccine cards for entry? Here in Austin that isn't really a thing, and when I was out in the Bay Area there were heavy restrictions in place but not vaccine cards.

No one should be denied the right to vote if currently registered.

Depending on the progress of the pandemic, I would support mandatory masking when voting in person, plus physical distancing.

In California, however, vote-by-mail is available, with several ways to deliver completed ballots including by US mail postage prepaid. I received a mail-in ballot for a special election in my CA Assembly district without making a special request, so automatic vote-by-mail ballots may still be in effect. This does not preclude voting in person, but we are warned not to vote twice.

Precincts are supposed to have curbside voting available for persons with disabilities. This could be expanded to include unvaccinated persons if pandemic conditions are severe.

No one should be denied the right to vote if currently registered.

Depending on the progress of the pandemic, I would support mandatory masking when voting in person, plus physical distancing.

In California, however, vote-by-mail is available, with several ways to deliver completed ballots including by US mail postage prepaid. I received a mail-in ballot for a special election in my CA Assembly district without making a special request, so automatic vote-by-mail ballots may still be in effect. This does not preclude voting in person, but we are warned not to vote twice.

Precincts are supposed to have curbside voting available for persons with disabilities. This could be expanded to include unvaccinated persons if pandemic conditions are severe.

Even my backward assed gop state adopted full mail in voting. I do have to request the ballot but there were no glitches at all and I had it in plenty of time.

Before you ask: Its taken me a long time to get comfortable and finally have a great network of income making opportunity, I dont want to move right now especially to a place that would def have a much higher COL. But yeah the people here are REALLY beginning to drag me.

Well, if that's not the best example of how this is all political for some people, then I don't know what is.

Do you still wear a mask at school while you're teaching? Is it still required there?

What's your answer to the poll question?

@j brown's body ?

In Boston one no longer needs to show proof of vaccine to enter indoor venues. I doubt the requirement will be reinstated unless we have a new variant.

I have a vaccine card & it says my name & when I got my shots. It isn't a picture ID. What would the purpose be?
To keep citizens from voting who didn't get the vaccine. How 'bout if they don't have the vax card, they get to guess how many jelly beans in an aquarium.
Seriously, no.

It's so interesting watching who refuses to answer some questions.... :)

Back
Top Bottom