• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In case of Global Warming....

[h=2]Denmark gets a dose of global cooling in major newspaper[/h] Posted on August 10, 2013 by Anthony Watts
Major Danish Daily Warns: “Globe May Be On Path To Little Ice Age…Much Colder Winters…Dramatic Consequences”!
Pierre Gosselin writes:
Another major European media outlet is asking: Where’s the global warming?
Image right: The August 7 edition of Denmark’s Jyllands-Posten, featured a major 2-page article on the globe’s 15-years of missing warming and the potential solar causes and implications.
Moreover, they are featuring prominent skeptic scientists who are warning of a potential little ice age and dismissing CO2 as a major climate driver. And all of this just before the release of the IPCC’s 5AR, no less!
Hat-tip: NTZ reader Arne Garbøl
The August 7 print edition of the Danish Jyllands-Posten, the famous daily that published the “Muhammad caricatures“, features a full 2-page article bearing the headline: ”The behavior of the sun may trigger a new little ice age” followed by the sub-headline: “Defying all predictions, the globe may be on the road towards a new little ice age with much colder winters.”:mrgreen:

I don't know about deniers, but us skeptics don't watch cartoons or comics to base our decisions on.

Well, there was that "Great Global Warming Swindle" "film." It was full of fiction and humor and funny pranks!

I guess deniers just don't have the cojones to make a decision.... "

I don't know about deniers, but skeptics have the smarts to be careful about doing anything draconian until the science is a litte cleare.

And skeptics know one thing for sure. For the U.S. to anything unilaterally is stupid beyond comprehension.

I guess deniers just don't have the cojones to make a decision.... "

I don't know about deniers, but skeptics have the smarts to be careful about doing anything draconian until the science is a litte cleare.

And skeptics know one thing for sure. For the U.S. to anything unilaterally is stupid beyond comprehension.

What makes you think anyone is arguing the US do something unilaterally?

Well, there was that "Great Global Warming Swindle" "film." It was full of fiction and humor and funny pranks!
I would disagree.

Only two mistakes that were aired in the original broadcast that were corrected for the DVD release.

What makes you think anyone is arguing the US do something unilaterally?
How are you going to get Asia to comply? You know don't you, that China alone burns more fossil fuels than we do, and they don't use clean burning technologies like we do.

Do you also realize that imposing restriction on the world means the 3rd world nations have almost no chance of developing and any rate considered healthy?

There was also another "film" called "an inconvenient truth" that was so full of lies and distortions that it must be areas with a disclaimer for its entertainment purposes only... Which is just another layer of the joke because no one could find that douchebags drone as entertaining.

There was also another "film" called "an inconvenient truth" that was so full of lies and distortions that it must be areas with a disclaimer for its entertainment purposes only... Which is just another layer of the joke because no one could find that douchebags drone as entertaining.
Yep.

That one has what? More than 50 documented mistakes and outright lies?

How are you going to get Asia to comply? You know don't you, that China alone burns more fossil fuels than we do, and they don't use clean burning technologies like we do.

Do you also realize that imposing restriction on the world means the 3rd world nations have almost no chance of developing and any rate considered healthy?

That's half the reason to restrict / tax co2 production is to MAKE SURE that, among other things, that the third world never does develop a healthy, wealthy and vibrant society...

That's half the reason to restrict / tax co2 production is to MAKE SURE that, among other things, that the third world never does develop a healthy, wealthy and vibrant society...
Yep, off topic, look what the strongest nations did to Libya, once they achieved the level of wealth they had. I think Gaddafi was on the way to uniting much of Africa.

They had so much development potential, until the Brotherhood took over.

Note...

I only pointed that because it is a sore spot to me as a very wrong authoritarian action. If anyone wants me to elaborate, point me to an existing thread, or start a new on on Libya.

Not here please.

[h=2]New peer reviewed paper shows only 36% of geoscientists and engineers believe in AGW[/h] Posted on August 13, 2013 by Anthony Watts
From Forbes writer James Taylor:
Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.
The survey results show geoscientists and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.
Continue reading →

Almost forgot about this one... What happens if you are wrong?

We end up with alternative renewable energy sources, minimize our dependence upon fossil fuels and dealing with nasty dictatorships who sit on lots of oil, end up with cleaner air and water, and retain the bulk of our oil gas and coal reserves to use judiciously in the future.

The question is, what happens if YOU are wrong?

[h=2]New peer reviewed paper shows only 36% of geoscientists and engineers believe in AGW[/h] Posted on August 13, 2013 by Anthony Watts
From Forbes writer James Taylor:
Don’t look now, but maybe a scientific consensus exists concerning global warming after all. Only 36 percent of geoscientists and engineers believe that humans are creating a global warming crisis, according to a survey reported in the peer-reviewed Organization Studies. By contrast, a strong majority of the 1,077 respondents believe that nature is the primary cause of recent global warming and/or that future global warming will not be a very serious problem.
The survey results show geoscientists and engineers hold similar views as meteorologists. Two recent surveys of meteorologists (summarized here and here) revealed similar skepticism of alarmist global warming claims.
Continue reading →

This poll must be challenged and refuted! Our very existence is at stake here! Just ask Al Gore! :yawn: :sigh:

Good evening, Jack! :2wave:

This poll must be challenged and refuted! Our very existence is at stake here! Just ask Al Gore! :yawn: :sigh:

We are defying the collective. Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

Actually, you just need to read the paper to get the actual story, which is even half of petroleum engineers believe CO2 is warming the earth.

Actually, you just need to read the paper to get the actual story, which is even half of petroleum engineers believe CO2 is warming the earth.

Since animals produce CO2 in respiration, and plants use it to grow, it seems that we either need to rid the planet of lots of animals, including humans, or engineer plants somehow to grow without CO2. Neither appeal to me! What will the carbon exchanges currently being talked about do, other than make a certain few extremely wealthy?

Good evening, Threegoofs! :2wave:

Since animals produce CO2 in respiration, and plants use it to grow, it seems that we either need to rid the planet of lots of animals, including humans, or engineer plants somehow to grow without CO2. Neither appeal to me! What will the carbon exchanges currently being talked about do, other than make a certain few extremely wealthy?

Good evening, Threegoofs! :2wave:

Read up on the carbon cycle.

Read up on the carbon cycle.

I have. We have been having this conversation for over a year now. Until China and India agree, it's useless, IMO. :thumbdown:

I have. We have been having this conversation for over a year now. Until China and India agree, it's useless, IMO. :thumbdown:

I think you haven't read enough, or you wouldn't have come up with that question in your previous post.

I think you haven't read enough, or you wouldn't have come up with that question in your previous post.

Time will tell, but do you have an answer to my question?

Time will tell, but do you have an answer to my question?

He keeps claiming to advocate for basic science when in fact that is not in dispute. What is in dispute is the climate significance of that science. His tactic is a deflection.:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom