• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 electio

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Luckily for America, our nation is not run according to Trump supporters, but according to the Constitution of the United States of America. But not all people who live in America are Americans, as many would like nothing more than to see Donald Trump installed as a dictator. But that's not going to happen. Real Americans will make sure of it, and any resulting SCOTUS decision against the Trump camp would be 9-0.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...oning-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/

Re: In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 ele

About half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 presidential election until the country can fix this problem.

About half of Republicans support postponing the election, until they can fix the problem of people voting Democrat.

Damnit, why don't America support the party of Donald Trump, Chris Christie, Mitch McConnell, and Paul Ryan?

Re: In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 ele

So you expect SCOTUS to be around if they try to do this? HAHAHA... With all the generals in Trumps cabinet, then I am not even sure the military would stand in his way if he tried to do this. After all he has seen how well it has gone in Turkey where their Trump has actually carried this out pretty much.

Damnit, why don't America support the party of Donald Trump, Chris Christie, Mitch McConnell, and Paul Ryan?
Perhaps because if it come down to support an asshole most people prefer one they have some closeness to.

Did you really mean to say that non-Americans who live in America would like to see Trump installed as dictator?

W.T.F. ?:shock:

as many would like nothing more than to see Donald Trump installed as a dictator.

Yup I just had that conversation with some trump supporters myself.

Yup I just had that conversation with some trump supporters myself.

Do trump supporters really hate our system of checks and balances in our democratic system?

Talk about tyranny of the minority.

Do trump supporters really hate our system of checks and balances in our democratic system?

Talk about tyranny of the minority.

I don't think they understand that people are allowed to disagree with each other. That and they don't really understand how checks and balances work. Despite them saying so

I don't think they understand that people are allowed to disagree with each other. That and they don't really understand how checks and balances work. Despite them saying so

Again, tyranny of the minority

This sounds ridiculous.

There is no way in hell I would support postponing the 2020 election. Trump was successful in doing what we needed him to do, keep Hillary from being President.

I would rather there be a primary challenger in the 2020 elections and we get a better candidate than deal with Trump's bull**** again.

Did you really mean to say that non-Americans who live in America would like to see Trump installed as dictator?

Context is your friend. Try it.

Context is your friend. Try it.

Gone with nasty, fine. Sentence structure should be your friend, learn it.

Half of Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

In a new poll, half of Republicans say they would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed it

The survey interviewed a sample of 1,325 Americans from June 5 through 20. Respondents were recruited from the Qualtrics online panel who had previously reported identifying with or leaning toward one of the two major parties. We focus on the 650 respondents who identify with or lean toward the Republican Party. The sample has been weighted to match the population in terms of sex, age, race and education.

After a series of initial questions, respondents were asked whether Trump won the popular vote, whether millions of illegal immigrants voted, and how often voter fraud occurs. These questions evoke arguments frequently made by Trump and others about the integrity of the 2016 election.

Then the survey asked two questions about postponing the 2020 election.

If Donald Trump were to say that the 2020 presidential election should be postponed until the country can make sure that only eligible American citizens can vote, would you support or oppose postponing the election?

What if both Donald Trump and Republicans in Congress were to say that the 2020 presidential election should be postponed until the country can make sure that only eligible American citizens can vote? Would you support or oppose postponing the election?

Nearly half of Republicans (47 percent) believe that Trump won the popular vote, which is similar to this finding. Larger fractions believe that millions of illegal immigrants voted (68 percent) and that voter fraud happens somewhat or very often (73 percent). Again, this is similar to previous polls.

Moreover, 52 percent said that they would support postponing the 2020 election, and 56 percent said they would do so if both Trump and Republicans in Congress were behind this.

U.S. Constitution - Article 2 Section 1
Article 2 - The Executive Branch
Section 1 - The President

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice-President chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows:

Now this is scary - these respondents would flagrantly violate the constitution on order of a sitting president. If the govt postpones the election, Trump would remain in office. This is the road to authoritarianism and dictatorship - and it appears that a majority of Republicans are willing to overturn the constitution on the basis of nothing more than an unsubstantiated claim and a presidential decision. This should terrify any American.

Okay - is this an accurate sampling of Trump supporters beliefs? How many of you would be for postponing the election indefinitely if Trump proposed it? What evidence would you need to prove that this is both legal and necessary - or would you do it simply because the president proposed it?

Re: Half of Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed

Just get the voter investigation done before 2020 and it's not an issue.

Re: Half of Republicans would support postponing the 2020 election if Trump proposed

This stupid **** comes up with every administration. Some people are soooooo gullible. :roll:

So your defense is that Republicans were fooled by a poll because they didn't read it???

It's a bull**** poll. I don't know what else to tell you. I know you going desperately latch onto anything you can to bitch about President Trump, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a bull**** poll.

I think either major party would be fine with a dictatorship if they get to be the dictators.

Is this a real thing? Or, as it appears, just CT crap to get a rise out of the far right and far left?

It's a bull**** poll. I don't know what else to tell you.

Because you can't defend stupidity that's why. There was a big freakin paragraph at the beginning of the poll about how this was a hypothetical question. How did all these people get trolled from it?

Because you can't defend stupidity that's why. There was a big freakin paragraph at the beginning of the poll about how this was a hypothetical question. How did all these people get trolled from it?

I'm not defending this stupid poll. That's for sure.

This stupid **** comes up with every administration. Some people are soooooo gullible. :roll:

I'd love to see the studies where other people in other parties would got for a postponement of presidential election.

Just get the voter investigation done before 2020 and it's not an issue.

On what factual basis? Do you really want to live in country where the government demands registration details for every citizen in the country - and does not supply anything more than rumor?

I think either major party would be fine with a dictatorship if they get to be the dictators.

I don't think that a majority of democrats would be fine with this. That's not to say they aren't equally bad, just that there are difference in how the two parties screw with us. Then again, I'm an independent.

Is this a real thing? Or, as it appears, just CT crap to get a rise out of the far right and far left?

Did you read the article?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…