• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Immigration Reform Supporters

Drake McHugh

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Please give me sound,not political reasons for supporting the senate bill,or something similar to it. Basing those reasons on positive economic impact for the United States,not those individuals.

Please give me sound,not political reasons for supporting the senate bill,or something similar to it. Basing those reasons on positive economic impact for the United States,not those individuals.

It would help to relate it to the reality observed after nearly the same thing was done in 1986. At that time we had about 3 million illegals to be granted "amnesty" we now have about 11 million, hardly indicating that much progress was made since the last time around. Insanity is often defined as doing the same thing over and over and yet always anticpating a different result.

I would support something even more radical, but as for your inquiry, over what time frame? The economics I have seen is that it is almost always a drag initially because most of the immigrants are very poorly educated. There is an assimilation period, and sometimes it will not be until the ensuing generations of no-return immigrants that they start doing as well as native populations.

Back
Top Bottom