• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Don't Like Transgender People Using The Bathroom

No, I don't think transsexualism per se is a concern. The concern is what sort of man might dress up as a woman to gain access.

Actually, they don't even need to do that, do they? They can just say they feel like a woman today. Yeah, no potential problems with that, right? :rolleyes:

No, I don't think transsexualism per se is a concern. The concern is what sort of man might dress up as a woman to gain access.

I understand that is your position and it is shared by many others. But there are also a great many who are framing the argument around their belief that trans women are still men and are perverts seeking restroom use only for perverted actions.

So your position is that if there are laws that enable us to prosecute men who have assaulted girls in pubic restrooms after the fact then there's no problem. I doubt if many parents see it that way.

That's the way laws already were before.

So your position is that if there are laws that enable us to prosecute men who have assaulted girls in pubic restrooms after the fact then there's no problem. I doubt if many parents see it that way.

You can suspect a person of being in a restroom before the fact just to assault someone without them doing it. And there are laws that can be used before any assault, including laws against voyeurism and loitering. In reality, most men who succeed in assaulting either girls or boys in public restrooms are smart enough to wait til no one is around to see them go in in the first place, which would mean they aren't going to be stopped using laws against them being in the restroom. The rest normally get caught because a person can enter a public restroom any time which increases the chances of getting caught assaulting someone to very high.

Neither do I. But since it had nothing to do with what I was discussing, it is an exception.

The point is that there are plenty of reasons to simply concede that bathrooms should not be legally exclusive to any one person's opinion of gender.

I take issue with the word exception. If you are the father to a young girl, there is nothing exceptional about going into a public restroom with her, that would seem to be its own rule. And i'd much rather take my (hypothetical) daughter to a woman's restroom without feeling like i'm going to have a SWAT team called on me.

The 14th amendment guarantees equal treatment under the law for all citizens. I can see no medical reason why either bathroom should be absolutely exclusive to one gender, so i don't recognize the rule in the first place.

In a public restroom, you people do not get to dictate how other people behave. We deserve privacy at least until an actual crime is actually committed.

So let's keep track of all the "exceptions" :

- caretaker
- transgender
- accident
- long line at other restroom

What does the "rule" accomplish ? :

- men and women generally don't hear one another poop

So, you would then agree that even though we have laws to prosecute people from using guns illegally, we should enact strict gun laws to prevent these kinds of things.

The point is that there are plenty of reasons to simply concede that bathrooms should not be legally exclusive to any one person's opinion of gender.

I take issue with the word exception. If you are the father to a young girl, there is nothing exceptional about going into a public restroom with her, that would seem to be its own rule. And i'd much rather take my (hypothetical) daughter to a woman's restroom without feeling like i'm going to have a SWAT team called on me.

The 14th amendment guarantees equal treatment under the law for all citizens. I can see no medical reason why either bathroom should be absolutely exclusive to one gender, so i don't recognize the rule in the first place.

In a public restroom, you people do not get to dictate how other people behave. We deserve privacy at least until an actual crime is actually committed.

So let's keep track of all the "exceptions" :

- caretaker
- transgender
- accident
- long line at other restroom

What does the "rule" accomplish ? :

- men and women generally don't hear one another poop

An exception would be something that is not standard. None of those things are standard.

An exception would be something that is not standard. None of those things are standard.

If they accommodate the exception of using the wrong restroom by mistake in the rule, then the rule itself becomes unenforceable and therefore a meaningless waste of time- an empty, symbolic, authoritarian gesture.

There is no justification for the rule. If humans require privacy in the bathroom, then grouping by gender is inadequate. If we don't require that much privacy, there is no reason to consider gendered privacy to serve a purpose.

Further, it is amusing for the party of "small government conservatives" to push this agenda of compelling the government to micromanage the people on arbitrary and bizarre dictations like conforming with a birth certificate.

If they accommodate the exception of using the wrong restroom by mistake in the rule, then the rule itself becomes unenforceable and therefore a meaningless waste of time- an empty, symbolic, authoritarian gesture.

There is no justification for the rule. If humans require privacy in the bathroom, then grouping by gender is inadequate. If we don't require that much privacy, there is no reason to consider gendered privacy to serve a purpose.

Further, it is amusing for the party of "small government conservatives" to push this agenda of compelling the government to micromanage the people on arbitrary and bizarre dictations like conforming with a birth certificate.

No, there are exceptions to pretty much any rule. That doesn't invalidate the rule itself.

Not anymore. Leftists will see to it that urinals be placed in every friggin' restroom in the country. ROTFLMAO

Show me where this is something "leftists" are doing.

No, there are exceptions to pretty much any rule. That doesn't invalidate the rule itself.

I am not appealing to the existence of exceptions to ridicule the rule, i am appealing to the natures of those exceptions combined with a complete lack of purpose in the rule.

Let's say we had a different rule. If the clothes you're wearing are more 'blue' then you must use one bathroom, but if your clothes are more 'red' then you must use the other. What purpose does this rule serve ? When would it ever be enforced ? What is the goal ? What does it cost ?

There is simply no justification for this rule. This is a rule built to address a provably nonexistent problem. If there is any sexually predatory behavior in a bathroom, gender is irrelevant.

I am not appealing to the existence of exceptions to ridicule the rule, i am appealing to the natures of those exceptions combined with a complete lack of purpose in the rule.

Let's say we had a different rule. If the clothes you're wearing are more 'blue' then you must use one bathroom, but if your clothes are more 'red' then you must use the other. What purpose does this rule serve ? When would it ever be enforced ? What is the goal ? What does it cost ?

There is simply no justification for this rule. This is a rule built to address a provably nonexistent problem. If there is any sexually predatory behavior in a bathroom, gender is irrelevant.

On this part of your position, I do not disagree.

Ah, but you repeat yourself.

So let me ask you then... How many assaults on woman and little girls do you deem acceptable so that transgendered people can feel comfortable when they take a piss?

Let me get this straight... You are comparing the sexual assualt of an underaged girl or woman, with someone feeling uncomfortable about using a restroom based on their physical gender? You have some nerve claiming that transgendered people are being "violated" for having to use a men's room if they have a dick, and a woman's restroom is they have a vagina.

Good lord.

Show me the stats proving this is something I should worry about.

Oh wait. Someone already proved that the right wing mania is pure bull****.

https://mic.com/articles/114066/sta...ple-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LAY2cqd6A

I get the want to keep restrooms safe... so worry about the real threats please? MMkay? Not your politically driven nonsense.

So on your side of the scale, there is a mass of precisely zero.

Your position is therefore outweighed no matter how minimal you deem the violation felt by someone whose mental afflication causes them to feel that they are being forced to use the opposite sex's bathroom.

Your position is therefore outweighed no matter how minimal you deem the violation felt by someone whose mental afflication causes them to feel that they are being forced to use the opposite sex's bathroom.

What? Seriously translate

What? Seriously translate

I ****ed up the post completely. One sec.

Too late to edit that one.

He said also THIS:

Let me get this straight... You are comparing the sexual assualt of an underaged girl or woman, with someone feeling uncomfortable about using a restroom based on their physical gender? You have some nerve claiming that transgendered people are being "violated" for having to use a men's room if they have a dick, and a woman's restroom is they have a vagina.

Good lord.

To which THIS was supposed to be my response to that part of his post, which I accidentally chopped out of my reply to him:

In other words, I'm saying that he is wrong to tell me that I'm somehow placing a "violation" of trans persons caused by these bathroom laws over the sexual assults he alleges, because as you posted in the other thread, there are no such assaults; therefore, no matter how little he thinks of said "violation", it is irrelevant, because he's got nothing in terms of actual assaults occuring.

Last edited:
It was supposed to look like this:

So let me ask you then... How many assaults on woman and little girls do you deem acceptable so that transgendered people can feel comfortable when they take a piss?

https://mic.com/articles/114066/sta...ple-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.LAY2cqd6A

I get the want to keep restrooms safe... so worry about the real threats please? MMkay? Not your politically driven nonsense.

vs

Good lord.

I ****ed up the post completely. One sec.

Too late to edit that one.

He said also THIS:

To which THIS was supposed to be my response to that part of his post, which I accidentally chopped out of my reply to him:

In other words, I'm saying that he is wrong to tell me that I'm somehow placing a "violation" of trans persons caused by these bathroom laws over the sexual assults he alleges, because as you posted in the other thread, there are no such assaults; therefore, no matter how little he thinks of said "violation", it is irrelevant, because he's got nothing in terms of actual assaults occuring.

It came off like you were firebombing everyone there for a second :O Thank you for clarifying!

Hugely popular topic, understandably, on the Right's blogs, talk radio, etc. It's on an intellectual level where they feel comfortable.

Down there with sheep manure and compost.

This image perfectly defines those people so concerned about transgender people's use of public restrooms.

View attachment 67201467

If you're a tranny, then you're in the vast minority. That means YOU are the ones that need to look away

Don't try to sacrifice everyone else's comfort levels for your weird disorder.

Consider the following:
Since so many feel that trans is a mental disorder of the confused, what if a transperson is also confused about which sex the child they want to molest happens to be, and used the genitalia law to say they have to use the men's room, when it's actually little boys they are after?

I know, ban them from using any bathroom! I know I would be fearing for my son's life if this highly suspicious transgender male walk into a men's room my child was in. Yes, it is really a trans-male to female:

Attachments

• TransMan.jpg
    TransMan.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom