• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you don't like the government why do you proudly fly the flag that represents their authority?

dex4974

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I think it's important to make a distinction between patriotism and nationalism. I can love who I am and where I came from without expressing loyalty to the 50 starred flag that represents the federal government and their governance over the 50 states. That is their symbol. It flies over their buildings and it's on their uniforms. It is the icon of the federal government. 50 stars to represent the unity of and governance over 50 states. If you fly the flag you are expressing loyalty to the federal government. That's bizarre to me if you're also one of the people that claims to take issue with the federal government.

I think it's important to make a distinction between patriotism and nationalism. I can love who I am and where I came from without expressing loyalty to the 50 starred flag that represents the federal government and their governance over the 50 states. That is their symbol. It flies over their buildings and it's on their uniforms. It is the icon of the federal government. 50 stars to represent the unity of and governance over 50 states. If you fly the flag you are expressing loyalty to the federal government. That's bizarre to me if you're also one of the people that claims to take issue with the federal government.

Nonsense. The flag represents this nation. The federal government is temporary. We can love our country without loving every politician who happens to be in charge at any moment.

Goes without sayin', but I said it anyway.

Nonsense. The flag represents this nation. The federal government is temporary. We can love our country without loving every politician who happens to be in charge at any moment.

Goes without sayin', but I said it anyway.

You can love your country without flying the government's flag. You really don't see that the 50 starred flag represents the union and single governance over the 50 states? You're brainwashed.

Another sovereign citizen who doesn't understand that the flag belongs to the people.
The Stars and Stripes were made by the wife of a revolutionary insurgent.

You don't believe in the federal government? Do you own a car? Do you drive on federal highways?
Do you have license plates on your car?

Is there something wrong with you? What a bizarre understanding of what the flag represents.

Jesus, where do you people come from?

Tim-

Another sovereign citizen who doesn't understand that the flag belongs to the people.
The Stars and Stripes were made by the wife of a revolutionary insurgent.

You don't believe in the federal government? Do you own a car? Do you drive on federal highways?
Do you have license plates on your car?

I didn't really say anything about how I feel about the federal government. I'm just expressing my belief that it's a bit ironic for people that take issue with the fed to then go and fly their symbol. I mean, you can claim it belongs to the people, but the symbolism on the flag literally represents the union and governance over 50 states. That's why there are 50 stars. That flag legitimizes the federal government and its authority.

Is there something wrong with you? What a bizarre understanding of what the flag represents.

Jesus, where do you people come from?

Tim-

Why are there 50 stars on the flag? What is the meaning of that?

I didn't really say anything about how I feel about the federal government. I'm just expressing my belief that it's a bit ironic for people that take issue with the fed to then go and fly their symbol. I mean, you can claim it belongs to the people, but the symbolism on the flag literally represents the union and governance over 50 states. That's why there are 50 stars. That flag legitimizes the federal government and its authority.

It's fun to watch you contradict yourself in the same paragraph.
Keep going.

You can love your country without flying the government's flag. You really don't see that the 50 starred flag represents the union and single governance over the 50 states? You're brainwashed.

or you are. :lamo

So what is the meaning of the 50 stars in unison on the flag that flies over the White House?

Have you ever thought of doing a search before you ask questions?

Each star represents a ___________? It starts with a S. The USA has 50 of them.

Do you know what the stripes represents?

50 stars in unison on one flag represents the unity of the 50 states. The unified 50 states is overseen by the federal government. That flag represents the federal government that flies it. Y'all are fooling yourselves. You're a walking irony if you fly that flag while believing you stand against the fed.

Have you ever thought of doing a search before you ask questions?

Each star represents a ___________? It starts with a S. The USA has 50 of them.

Do you know what the stripes represents?

I was aware of the answer before I asked. I am attempting to hold your hand and walk you through your ignorance.

One star for each state, unified on one flag. What is the meaning of that symbolism?

Why not a star to represent a State. What would you like it to be.

I've given you all I'm allotted to give you for the day. Sorry, go find someone else to troll.

Tim-

Why not a star to represent a State. What would you like it to be.

Do the 50 stars in unison represent the idea that the 50 states are unified?

Do the 50 stars in unison represent the idea that the 50 states are unified?

Since you said you know the answer before you post the question and you want to educate me. Please tell us, "Do the 50 stars in unison represent the idea that the 50 states are unified?"

Please take your own comment to heart and follow it.

Never served in the military have you, or you would not have asked that "Troll" question?

Sad.

Your error in your logic is seeing the "federal government" as it's own entity, that "governs" over the "states". This is not accurate, at all.

We govern ourselves. We the People. Though our Senators & Representatives. We are "the government".

We as individual citizens may have disagreement with individuals or administrations we install on our behalf, or with the self-governance that occurs on our behalf. But we are the ones that are doing it.

Back
Top Bottom