• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you didn't think the GOP was radical before, read this and think again

Why do start new threads instead of answering the people who commented to you in your last thread?

Remember, quality over quantity grasshopper.

This message is too important to ignore. The GOP literally believes that religion, not the constitution, should be the supreme law of the land

This message is too important to ignore. The GOP literally believes that religion, not the constitution, should be the supreme law of the land

Or, so says ThinkProgress, which is an arm of the Center for American Progress, which just so happens to be ran by John Podesta.

Who is John Podesta you ask? Wellll...

"John David Podesta (born January 8, 1949) is the Chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

Now, what will your next thread be?

Not Islam, I hope. Although, it would not surprise me that you would believe it.

This is unsurprising.

If the republican party knew what rights were, they wouldn't need to riddle their platform with contradictions.

The Single Most Radical Line In The Republican Party Platform | ThinkProgress

Bottom line: the GOP thinks that there should be no further amendments to the constitution, and that judges and lawmakers should not follow the constitution, but instead religious beliefs.

You know? That piece you linked is a wonderful example of disinformation combining true facts with false arguments masterfully. But do tell me please. Do you personally believe these things you post?

False! The GOP believes nothing. The individuals making up the GOP believe a wide assortment of things. So stop using false statements to sling muck in the hope that it sticks in stupider minds.

Nope, all they are saying is that they don't want First Amendment rights to be restricted. This is obviously in response to Hillary's proposal to do exactly that in a new constitutional amendment.

And, yes, they want laws to be based on Judeochristian principles. There's nothing new about that.

Funny that left wingers would hyperventilate over this very ordinary and time honored idea.

They never get around to saying what should replace Judeochristian principles if they don't like those. Nothing, apparently. Or maybe just whatever's convenient to their political aims.

Once we strip rights out of the Bill of Rights in my opinion it's no longer America. We should start calling it something else in that event; Hillary-stan or something.

I find it concerning that the authors of the text cited in the OP poo poo the whole idea of natural rights. It's what the Declaration of Independence is based on. If people don't have inalienable rights given to them by God then it's just the government that gives them rights and can take them away. It's a very hazardous way to think of civil rights in my opinion.

Does the OP believe that people have inalienable rights, i.e., rights that can't legitimately be taken away by government, or not?

Obviously governments can and do take rights from people all the time. The point is that when this happens the government has become illegitimate and revolution is justified.

False! The GOP believes nothing. The individuals making up the GOP believe a wide assortment of things. So stop using false statements to sling muck in the hope that it sticks in stupider minds.

Well, he's finally banned. That's a win for DP, I'd say.

He was banned before he got to detail exactly which First Amendment rights he was champing at the bit for the government to limit.

Back
Top Bottom