• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you could be a fly on the wall at any point in history?

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As a Christian, I can think of many instances throughout the Bible where I would want to be there. But to keep it light and fun, I would really love to be around the Beatles the day they arrived in America. I would love to see how Washington and Hamilton worked together during the war. I'd love to be on the train with Lincoln on his way to Washington to begin his presidency. I'd love to see Van Halen as they played a small gig or backyard party before they made it big. I'd like to see Socrates argue with someone. What about you?

Jesse Booth

we live in a society
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
I'd like to have seen where Amelia Earhart crashed, when Hitler committed suicide, and if Katherine the Great actually had sex with a horse. Any of those three would satisfy my curiosity about history.

mak2

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As a fly on the wall, at the Alamo, Battle of the Bulge, and the ride of Lady Godiva (just, you know, for history sake)

EMNofSeattle

No Shame!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I would prefer not to be a fly, as I would be easy to kill and likely not have the mental capacity to understand what I was observing.

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'd like to have seen where Amelia Earhart crashed, when Hitler committed suicide, and if Katherine the Great actually had sex with a horse. Any of those three would satisfy my curiosity about history.
I don't think there's anything I can say to top this ...

Helix

Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Bob Dylan's Rolling Thunder Revue tour

marketplace of an ancient civilization that we don't know anything about

Apple IPO with about twenty grand in my pocket

;)

i'm serious about the first two, though, especially Rolling Thunder Revue. the live version of Isis on that tour was incredible.

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
As a Christian, I can think of many instances throughout the Bible where I would want to be there. But to keep it light and fun, I would really love to be around the Beatles the day they arrived in America. I would love to see how Washington and Hamilton worked together during the war. I'd love to be on the train with Lincoln on his way to Washington to begin his presidency. I'd love to see Van Halen as they played a small gig or backyard party before they made it big. I'd like to see Socrates argue with someone. What about you?
Beatles at the Cavern Club (and/or in Hamburg) before they became famous.

There are so many. I may contribute more later. :)

Gaztopian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I never stop fantasizing about being a phantom roaming the world during WWII and bearing witness to all that happened then.

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
At the risk of sounding kinda vain... but witnessing your own history could be fun. "Jesus, was i that much of a dork when I did that?" I could definitely see some serious, serious cringe-worthy moments to witness for sure.

Being a live witness to ones own birth would be kinda weird but interesting I suppose. Then again if I were a witness to Obama's birth then I'd know exactly where in Kenya that took place.

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
At the risk of sounding kinda vain... but witnessing your own history could be fun. "Jesus, was i that much of a dork when I did that?" I could definitely see some serious, serious cringe-worthy moments to witness for sure.

Being a live witness to ones own birth would be kinda weird but interesting I suppose. Then again if I were a witness to Obama's birth then I'd know exactly where in Kenya that took place.
There are some things where I'd like to go back and say, "NO... DON'T DO IT!!!!!" :3oops:

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'd love to go to some ancient city like Sumer or Thebes and just see how a typical day was.

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I watch Forensic Files, Dateline Mysteries and other shows about real murders and it's so horrible when the mystery is never solved - especially when family members have no idea if their loved one is dead, kidnapped, hurt, etc. I would like to go back to each specific one and find out what happened to these people to help the families heal.

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I watch Forensic Files, Dateline Mysteries and other shows about real murders and it's so horrible when the mystery is never solved - especially when family members have no idea if their loved one is dead, kidnapped, hurt, etc. I would like to go back to each specific one and find out what happened to these people to help the families heal.

That would be tough, especially not having any control over what's going on, just watching it happen.

JC Callender

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I'd love to see me as a 5 year old! Or really anytime up until my twenties.

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
when my great grandchild is born

Μολὼν λαβέ

Si vis pacem, para bellum
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
On top of the grassy knoll on November 22, 1963.

clownboy

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Battle of Thermopylae for me.

Top Bottom