• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If we legalized pot just think of all the great Prog Rock.

Doesn't fit your tastes = is non musical ****.

You're so insightful.

None?

As for Hip Hop-centric drummers. Tony Royster Jr is one of the best drummers on the planet, only, IMO, bested by good old David Weckl. There's dozens of talented drummers in the hip hop world, that can best anything most of these boring rock drummers throw out. One other famous talent would be Questlove.

Here's a small chunk: Hip Hop Drummers & R&B Drummers | Zildjian

I can tell you're clueless. It would be best that you don't go around talking about things you know nothing about. I'm not gonna bother with you any further, it's not good for my health. Don't choose to be ignorant. Rap haters are hilarious, really.

Dude. Rap is beat driven and vocal driven. There is no room for quality musicianship and you know it. Dance music sucks for the same reason. Pop music sucks for the same reason. It is more about how hot they are,how cool their dance moves are and how much bling they have on. That is phony crap and you know it. What is the first word that comes to mind when you see a rao video and you see a bunch of baggy pants,gold teeth thugs bragging about how much money they make,how big their parties are,how mant hoes they screw and how bad they are. If that is not moronism in the first degree then what is?

And your proof of this is where, exactly?

Swing and a miss.

Then why do they kill eact other then? Beat driven music is simple ****. The same old I love you ****. How can you be a good musician when you have to worry if someone can dance to it? The same is true for vovally oriented music. If you have to worry about getting in the singers way then how can you show off your chops. Dance music and rap music is limited musically and you know it.

Then why do they kill eact other then?
People kill each other for numerous reasons.

Beat driven music is simple ****. The same old I love you ****. How can you be a good musician when you have to worry if someone can dance to it? The same is true for vovally oriented music. If you have to worry about getting in the singers way then how can you show off your chops. Dance music and rap music is limited musically and you know it.
There are more kinds of music than just rap and dance. You're just showing how ignorant and close minded you are.

There are more kinds of music than just rap and dance. You're just showing how ignorant and close minded you are.

In the states you would think only rap,CW and pop music exist. I guess they don't like to be challenged anymore. I like metal do you? They make that better in Europe too. Metal is not for ******s that is for sure.

In the states you would think only rap,CW and pop music exist.
If all you listen to is the radio.

I guess they don't like to be challenged anymore. I like metal do you? They make that better in Europe too. Metal is not for ******s that is for sure.
Metal depends on the individual group, and what kind of metal it is.

Prog rock is the most complicated and the hardest to play of any rock genre. I love classical music and bands like The Moody Blues,King Crimson,Yes,Early Genesis or ELP took classical lushness and added rock power without all that "Baby I love you" crap that has been done millions of times before. Not all prog is great but niether is any other form of music.

I hear ya. Not really my cup of tea although some of it is really good.

John Bohnem,Niel Pert,Bill Bruford,Carl Palmer,Barrymore Barlow,Micheal Pertney,Kieth Moon,Alan White and many more rock drummers are dominate. Rap has a steady beat so how in the hell can groove driven music match complex prog rock? It does not and you know it. Any music with a sready 4/4 beat is limited by the groove. That is fact.

Dude. Rap is beat driven and vocal driven. There is no room for quality musicianship and you know it. Dance music sucks for the same reason. Pop music sucks for the same reason. It is more about how hot they are,how cool their dance moves are and how much bling they have on. That is phony crap and you know it. What is the first word that comes to mind when you see a rao video and you see a bunch of baggy pants,gold teeth thugs bragging about how much money they make,how big their parties are,how mant hoes they screw and how bad they are. If that is not moronism in the first degree then what is?

I'm not even going to waste my time with you any further. I've seen all I need to.

I can also tell you have very limited exposure to Hip Hop/Rap as a whole. I don't mind you disliking Hip Hop/Rap, I disdain Heavy Metal myself, but I don't go around bull****ting about it and trashing on the genre.

It only seems like great music because you're whacked out of your skull when listening to it....

Actually I'm a big fan of pre 80s progressive rock.

But... maybe you just haven't listened to the right rap yet...

Think of this as progressive rap... give it 90 seconds...

Gorillaz are awesome. i remember when Del kind of disappeared from the radar in the late 90s, i was sad about it. same with Blur. what an interesting project they made together.

I'm not even going to waste my time with you any further. I've seen all I need to.

I can also tell you have very limited exposure to Hip Hop/Rap as a whole. I don't mind you disliking Hip Hop/Rap, I disdain Heavy Metal myself, but I don't go around bull****ting about it and trashing on the genre.

First of all metal is like horror movies. Most of it is crap but what is good is brilliant. First of all metal can be dark and at times Satanic. That enrages Jesus freaks and I love that. Metal is non romantic and I hate cliche love songs and most of all metal kicks ass. Rock music has so many genre's that there is something for everybody. That is why 66% of all music sold is rock music. You have everything from country rock to metal. The scope of rock music is huge. You could even say Micheal Jackson played rock music along with dance and soul.

As far as rap goes I do not know that much other than vidios I have seen and friends who have tried to convert me with JZ,Puff Daddy,Little Kim and Little Wayne(Who by the way can play a guitar pretty good). All I saw was beat driven,vocal driven and down right stupid talking garbage. These guys where too lazy to learn how to sing,play a real musical instrument and have any melody at all. Yes I am sure there are exceptions but Rap music as a whole does not even come close to rock in quality,flexibilty,singing and musicianship. Nice try my friend I guess we have to agree to disagree. At least we agree politically at times.

I hear ya. Not really my cup of tea although some of it is really good.

I love other forms of rock. I love old school metal,Blues rock,southern rock,country rock and some new wave.

Pot is the cherry on top of the cake of good prog rock. If you don't have the cake it is just a cherry.

That is because pot gave us the munchies. Check out King Crimson's Larks Toung in Aspec and tell me if that is quality musicianship.

People kill each other out of fear,greed,jealosy and down right insanity. The drug war is what is driving black on black murder. I ask why don't they fight like men instead of guns?

That wasn't even close to the height of music, and with the exception of a few songs from LZ and PF, all that crap is garbage.

Look at you, all high and mighty, judging other types of music immediately after demonstrating your own poor musical tastes.

Pink Floyd was prog rock. Led Zep played some progressive stuff like The Battle of Evermore. Jethro Tull was killer. They where very creative and non romantic. Yes where the best musicians in the history of rock music. Kansas played great symphonic rock and where the only Americans at that time to play it. ELP wher a super group with killer chops and classical training. Rush pushed the boundries of metal and prog rock. The 70's where the best. You had prog rock,metal,hard rock,southern rock and yes even crappy ass punk rock.

That is because pot gave us the munchies. Check out King Crimson's Larks Toung in Aspec and tell me if that is quality musicianship.

That's actually a really great album. But it's more jazz/rock.

That's actually a really great album. But it's more jazz/rock.

So is Lizard. It has Jon Anderson of Yes on the title track. Chech out Henry Cow and the rest in the Canturbury scene if you like jazz.

My favorite music is Prog Rock which came from Psychedelic music which was strongly influenced my pot and LSD. In countries like Denmark which has liberal pot laws there is a great prog rock scene with bands like Kyak or Ayreon. We need that here. I am so sick and tired of the rap and CW **** that has taken over the US music market and I think legalized pot would cure that mess for sure.

This has to be the worst argument for legalizing pot I've ever heard. Progressive rock is generally crappy because stoners think pretty much any music is great.

This has to be the worst argument for legalizing pot I've ever heard. Progressive rock is generally crappy because stoners think pretty much any music is great.

Progressive rock is the most complex and hardest to play of any rock music. Pot is going to be legal my friend and I was just trying to find an excuse to debate music. If you think prog is crap sit down with a guitar and try to play Rush 2112 or Yes On to the Heart of the Sunrise and then tell me diferant.

Progressive rock is the most complex and hardest to play of any rock music.

Complex and hard to play != good. Besides, I would argue that a lot of metal is considerably harder to play than prog rock.

If you think prog is crap sit down with a guitar and try to play Rush 2112 or Yes On to the Heart of the Sunrise and then tell me diferant.

Well, considering I can't play anything on the guitar, that doesn't prove much.

Complex and hard to play != good. Besides, I would argue that a lot of metal is considerably harder to play than prog rock.

Well, considering I can't play anything on the guitar, that doesn't prove much.

Harder than prog rock? I don't think so. Dream Theater or Pagans Mind play complex prog metal but to say they can match up with Yes or King Crimson is s streach my friend.

Harder than prog rock? I don't think so. Dream Theater or Pagans Mind play complex prog metal but to say they can match up with Yes or King Crimson is s streach my friend.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Some of the solos in metal songs are insanely difficult to play. I've never heard any prog rock nearly as complex as something like Dragonforce's Through Fire and Flames, Van Halen's Eruption, Avenged Sevenfold's Afterlife, or Extreme's Play with Me.

The only guitar style I've ever heard that's more complex than good metal is classical Spanish guitar.

I don't think it's a stretch at all. Some of the solos in metal songs are insanely difficult to play. I've never heard any prog rock nearly as complex as something like Dragonforce's Through Fire and Flames, Van Halen's Eruption, Avenged Sevenfold's Afterlife, or Extreme's Play with Me.

The only guitar style I've ever heard that's more complex than good metal is classical Spanish guitar.

What about Steve Howe's The Clap in the Yes album? What about the guitar work on Larks Tounge in Aspec by King Crimson?

Back
Top Bottom