• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump Loses Who Will He Hand The Keys Over to?

If Trump Loses Who Will He Hand The Keys Over to?

• Total voters
Well particularly with just a LP President, but she could do a lot to break the power of the President.
So, you're saying that you don't really want a president at all, let the gridlocked Congress run everything?

Yeah yeah, always the other guy. You learned your lessons well, good partisan.

I guess it's beyond anyone in America to be the bigger person and blink first, huh... ****ing elementary school bullshit is going to get you people killed - hell, it already is. Honestly, y'all should do it, if you're so determined. Just get it over with, so the rest of us can get on with our lives.
That's just it. YOU think it's always the other guy and not your side.

So, you're saying that you don't really want a president at all, let the gridlocked Congress run everything?
I'd like Congress to do its actual job, and that the Presidency has been aggregating power for many administrations. It needs to be checked.

That's a peaceful transition of power.
No...it wasn't peaceful at all.

Obama walked out the front door, AFTER he deployed a bunch of landmines.

The election is official. The election is over and any court cases have been decided. Trump lost. There are no other options available. Who do you think he will hand the keys over to?

No clue what you are asking, getting at.

This is who will get the 'keys'.

1594145869_828205_1594146065_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

The election is official. The election is over and any court cases have been decided. Trump lost. There are no other options available. Who do you think he will hand the keys over to?
He'll hand the keys to VP Pence in return for a federal pardon. Too bad the state charges won't be pardoned, berries and cherries when he touches down, perp walk down the tarmac.

I'd like Congress to do its actual job, and that the Presidency has been aggregating power for many administrations. It needs to be checked.
If Congress did it’s job Garland would have had a hearing. Congress could have chosen not to uphold his nomination and said: Next. Now the Democrats are telling Congress NOT to do to their job. Hypocrisy on both sides.

One "rosy" scenario I've seen is that Biden contests a loss all the way to January, making the country miserable for two months. On January 20 he will continue to whine, declaring himself President de Facto (returning to his basement).

And that's the rosy scenario.

Oh yea, I forgot. Credit goes to Cardinal for this post.
Maybe he and Stacey Abrams can go on a nationwide speaking tour. :)

Maybe if Congress did their Job there would not be hundreds of Bills that were never given a vote or even reviewed, Maybe if Congress did their job there would have been a real hearing on impeachment, Maybe if Congress did their job a relief bill would have been passed a couple of months ago, Maybe if Congress did their job they would have installed Obama's SC pick and there would be no issue with trump putting his through now, Maybe If.....

The only power they actually have is executive orders. They need Congress to do pretty much everything else.

No, I don't. Because I don't have a side, I'm Canadian. I look at both of your "sides" and shake my head.
From what I see you always shake your head at the right and never at the left.

He'll hand the keys to VP Pence in return for a federal pardon. Too bad the state charges won't be pardoned, berries and cherries when he touches down, perp walk down the tarmac.
Hilary and the left deep state are not in jail and Trump won't be either. You actually have to do something legally wrong to be put in jail. Just because you don't like him is not a good enough reason.

Legally, the election has to be decided by mid-December for the electoral votes to count for a particular state.
If the votes are tied, then it goes to Congress for the beginning of January.
In such a scenario, it is difficult to imagine Mr. Biden will lie down, and it is to be expected that he will fight as hard as Mr. Trump will.
Furthermore, if the decision is still in the air as of the 20th, office automatically goes to the speaker of the house, as a pro temp until the decision is reached.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

If Congress did it’s job Garland would have had a hearing. Congress could have chosen not to uphold his nomination and said: Next. Now the Democrats are telling Congress NOT to do to their job. Hypocrisy on both sides.
Tyranny of the minority.
Make Apartheid Great Again.

Tyranny of the minority.
Make Apartheid Great Again.
Maybe. I just keep it simple and call it politics (as usual).

Furthermore, if the decision is still in the air as of the 20th, office automatically goes to the speaker of the house, as a pro temp until the decision is reached.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk
That’s a gambit because who knows who the speaker will be next year.

Hilary and the left deep state are not in jail and Trump won't be either. You actually have to do something legally wrong to be put in jail. Just because you don't like him is not a good enough reason.
Tax fraud, wire fraud, insurance fraud. Just because you like him doesn't mean he's not a criminal. Please note, his family charitable foundation was closed because he misused funds donated to a children's cancer charity for his own benefit. Doesn't sound law abiding to me.

But what happens with all the mail in voting, court battles, and recounts, if the election isn't even decided by mid December, legal or not?

Then the state's electoral votes are not counted.

From what I see you always shake your head at the right and never at the left.

You see what you want to see then. I rarely put one over the other, except on issues of policy and ideology, and even there, I'm an atypical lefty when it comes to some things, such as gun control. Behavior, though? lol... You're all a hot mess, in various degrees.

Back
Top Bottom