• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

if there is even a chance dr. rice might run...

Which is a significant part of why we're headed down the toilet, politically, socially, and culturally.

well you're an honest relic. what about saudi ? they have woman can drive day now you know, some voting. please don't tell me you think men are stonger or smarter than women ?? are you perchance 78, and living in a cabin you built yourself in northern maine ? just curious. please don't take offense cause i'm halfway to that. i mean it in a good way.

Last edited:
to the victor go the spoils, ironic how saddam had all his oil, wanted all of kuwait's oil, then his people hanged him. LOL
Spoils? I was being facetious. Cheney said that the Iraqi oil we would get from the war would reimburse us for all of our military expenses during the war. He was off by a factor that if I typed out I'd break both of the 0's on my keyboard before I finished. Everyone knew what we were getting into? I think that only the people that voted no against the war knew what we were getting into...

Last edited:
Spoils? I was being facetious. Cheney said that the Iraqi oil we would get from the war would reimburse us for all of our military expenses during the war. He was off by a factor that if I typed out I'd break both of the 0's on my keyboard before I finished. Everyone knew what we were getting into? I think that only the people that voted no against the war knew what we were getting into...

i was too. trump said we should just take it. iraq has a lot of oil i think. one would think, ethically, they would want to pay us back, but it never seems to work out that way. i'd like to see them mature as a democracy. it's a real study in eastern politics/theocracy and western style government.

the people that voted no are obamas (not literally, obviously obama wasn't in the senate yet). ironically he became president and took the credit for iraq, go figure.

Last edited:
there was no deceit for iraq, not like guns for tequlia. everyone knew what they we're getting into, and it turned out fine. i glad about all of it.

You might want to consider that drugs have harmed your sense of logic and your understanding of history.

I would like to see a fresh face in the 12 elections. I do not know enough about Rice to have an opinion as to her ability to get the country headed in the right direction. If anyone comes along to challenge the clowns currently being presented as an alternative to Obama, I would certainly take a look.

The argument that somehow she was involved in Bushes war is somewhat misstated.

How is it misstated?

I don't know how much she was or was not involved, but Congress voted to go to war, or police action, or whatever.

You are telling us that you don't know that much about Rice's involvement, but just above you told us her involvement in Bush's war is misstated. How would you know?

The same information was available to Congress as was available to the Administration, so the war IMO was America's war.

No way. Congress isn't vetted as a group. More than half of those clowns would not understand what they read anyway. But, let's go with your "logic". Specifically what information is it that the WH and the SecState had that justified the U.S. invasion of Iraq?

My perception at the time of Rice was that she was generally an outsider in the administration.

You were drinking quite a bit back then, eh?

I won't vote for another 4 years of Obama, but I see nothing currently being presented as an alternative able to solve the problems the country faces.

Obama sold us down the river, if you'll pardon the figure of speech. I won't vote for him either, but Condi Rice nor any other former member of the Bush Administration is the way, the truth or the light. America can do better. We probably won't do better, but we actually are able to.

You might want to consider that drugs have harmed your sense of logic and your understanding of history.

well, it's better then calling me a racist, typical lib cop out.

How is it misstated?

You are telling us that you don't know that much about Rice's involvement, but just above you told us her involvement in Bush's war is misstated. How would you know?

No way. Congress isn't vetted as a group. More than half of those clowns would not understand what they read anyway. But, let's go with your "logic". Specifically what information is it that the WH and the SecState had that justified the U.S. invasion of Iraq?

Obama sold us down the river, if you'll pardon the figure of speech. I won't vote for him either, but Condi Rice nor any other former member of the Bush Administration is the way, the truth or the light. America can do better. We probably won't do better, but we actually are able to.

i'm sure congress was vetted as a group last election, ask pelosi.

well you're an honest relic. what about saudi ? they have woman can drive day now you know, some voting. please don't tell me you think men are stonger or smarter than women ?? are you perchance 78, and living in a cabin you built yourself in northern maine ? just curious. please don't take offense cause i'm halfway to that. i mean it in a good way.

Yes, I am an Anachronism. I'm 37 and live just outside the second largest city in New England. As for Saudi.... They're going the wrong way as well. Not as quickly as we are, but they're starting down the slippery slope.

I believe that Men and women were designed for different purposes, beyond the purely sexual. Stronger, weaker, smarter, less intelligent, etc... are all really worthless factors because we weren't intended to do the same things.

Yes, I am an Anachronism. I'm 37 and live just outside the second largest city in New England. As for Saudi.... They're going the wrong way as well. Not as quickly as we are, but they're starting down the slippery slope.

I believe that Men and women were designed for different purposes, beyond the purely sexual. Stronger, weaker, smarter, less intelligent, etc... are all really worthless factors because we weren't intended to do the same things.

me too, and i actually did build myself a log cabin on the canadian border, where in intend to wither away someday in a flannel shirt.
or a place to go if the country goes to civil war.

women:
but men and women are designed to do the same thing, to get through life, survive and procreate.

albeit they are suited to manual tasks differently, but in every other respect, women are equal or in my mind superior to men. obviously it depends on any individual.

both my father and grandfather were chavanistic, i am not. i think the chain can be broken, even in a place like saudi arabia or any country sharia.

there can be no progress or lasting success by trying to subdue women. in fact i think empowerment of women is the only thing that can and will eventually save this world.

Last edited:
I'll call you a racist later. Right now you'll just have to settle for being called drug addled.

fair enough, your logic is forthcoming. hey did you know kim jong il told his people that he directed "gone with the wind" ?

i love that. most north koreans don't know a man has walked on the moon, that's very sad. the new guy speaks english.

Last edited:
How is it misstated?

You are right. I should have written that IMO Rice's position on the was has been misstated. I base that on her own writings, and the writings of others who were in a position to know more than I about the situation. From other opinions, including her own, Rice did express misgivings re the invasion, and was overruled or ignored. As stated, I don't know much about the situation, but always had the general perception that she was far more intelligent than she was given credit for.

Since you refer to this as Bushes war, I would suggest that you need to check the voting on the issue. Bush went to Congress for approval, which was overwhelmingly given, and not on party lines. The argument that Congress did not have the same information as the president does not seem reasonable, although your assessment that half those clowns would not understand what they read, is one to which I would have to agree, although I would put the number far higher. Congress either had the same info as the president, or should have, and they should have read it. If you are arguing that Bush got us into this mess on his own, that was another war, another president, and another time frame.

Actually, I drink about the same today as I did back in the day, as they say.

You state that you would not vote for Obama today, which begs the question, assuming the meaningful choices are going to be Obama or some Republican, what would be your choice. That is the problem, somewhat in reverse, that I am having today.

me too, and i actually did build myself a log cabin on the canadian border, where in intend to wither away someday in a flannel shirt. or a place to go if the country goes to civil war.

No way I'm going NORTH for anything. Massachusetts is already too cold and wintery for my tastes. As for Civil War.... I'd be right there in the middle of it.

but men and women are designed to do the same thing, to get through life, survive and procreate. albeit they are suited to manual tasks differently, but in every other respect, women are equal or in my mind superior to men. obviously it depends on any individual. both my father and grandfather were chavanistic, i am not. i think the chain can be broken, even in a place like saudi arabia or any country sharia. there can be no progress or lasting success by trying to subdue women. in fact i think empowerment of women is the only thing that can and will eventually save this world.

Not a matter of IF the chain can be broken. It's a matter of SHOULD the chain be broken. IF it requires the empowerment of women to save the world, then I'm all for Ragnarok starting ASAP.

No way I'm going NORTH for anything. Massachusetts is already too cold and wintery for my tastes. As for Civil War.... I'd be right there in the middle of it.

Not a matter of IF the chain can be broken. It's a matter of SHOULD the chain be broken. IF it requires the empowerment of women to save the world, then I'm all for Ragnarok starting ASAP.

funny, are you norweigian ?

IF it requires the empowerment of women to save the world, then I'm all for Ragnarok starting ASAP.

Yeah, it would definitely be much better with a bunch of intolerant sexist psychotics running the place.

:roll:

Yeah, it would definitely be much better with a bunch of intolerant sexist psychotics running the place. :roll:

It worked pretty well for several thousand years, thank you very much.

Yeah, it would definitely be much better with a bunch of intolerant sexist psychotics running the place.

:roll:

what's your point ?? we have that now.

I have Norwegian ancestory, but I'm also a follower of the Olde Ways rather than any modern religion.

i have great respect for tradition, but this has to be the age of all equal women everywhere, all the time.

Last edited:
fair enough, your logic is forthcoming. hey did you know kim jong il told his people that he directed "gone with the wind" ?

i love that. most north koreans don't know a man has walked on the moon, that's very sad. the new guy speaks english.

We're not sure if Kim-Jong-Uen will successfully succeed (sorry) his father.
Kim-Jong-Il speaks Russian, Chinese, and a variety of other languages

We're not sure if Kim-Jong-Uen will successfully succeed (sorry) his father.
Kim-Jong-Il speaks Russian, Chinese, and a variety of other languages

i think that's a real plus. combined with his education a world exposure is wonderful. i guess the big question is, is he a lunatic like his father ?

Back
Top Bottom