• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Obama can unilaterally delay ObamaCare’s employer mandate, why wouldn’t he delay

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Allahpundit
July 3, 2013

An excellent question from Conn Carroll, especially in light of the news from CBO this morning that the Corker/Hoeven “border surge” will supposedly reduce illegal immigration by one-third to one-half. (The original Gang of Eight bill would have reduced it by just one-quarter.) That conclusion depends on a lot of assumptions, but the core assumption is that Obama will in fact enforce the new law as it’s written. Will he? He now refuses to enforce a key provision of his own signature legislation because it’s politically inconvenient for his party to do so. Come 2016, if Democrats are in trouble and desperate for Latino turnout, why wouldn’t he “delay” some of the Gang of Eight’s border provisions? Don’t forget, he’s taken unilateral action on immigration in the name of winning elections before.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
If Obama can unilaterally delay ObamaCare’s employer mandate, why wouldn’t he delay new border security measures too? « Hot Air

If Obama was on the up and up he would have call for and appointed independent counsels for Fast & Furious and the IRS scandals. As it is, the FBI took nearly a month to investigate Benghazi, they have yet to come up with one arrest.and as far as the IRS is concerned even Director Mueller doesn't know who is handling the investigation. Would Obama enforce the law as written. So far he's proven to be an abject failure in that department.

Re: If Obama can unilaterally delay ObamaCare’s employer mandate, why wouldn’t he del

Wait a second, we're going to criticize Obama for something he hasn't done yet, but might in this guy's mind.

OK.....come back when he does that, and we'll talk. BTW, who would get arrested over Benghazi?

Re: If Obama can unilaterally delay ObamaCare’s employer mandate, why wouldn’t he del

Wait a second, we're going to criticize Obama for something he hasn't done yet, but might in this guy's mind.

OK.....come back when he does that, and we'll talk. BTW, who would get arrested over Benghazi?

US identifies terrorists who attacked its Benghazi consulate in 2012

22 May 2013

Officials in the US say they have identified five men who might be responsible for the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012 and there is enough evidence to justify seizing them by military force as suspected terrorists or killing them with a drone strike. However, there is not enough proof to try them in a US civilian court as the Obama administration prefers.

The men remain at large while the FBI gathers evidence. The investigation has been slowed by the reduced US intelligence presence in the region since the 11 September 2012 attacks and the limited ability to assist by Libya's post-revolutionary law enforcement and intelligence agencies, which are still in their infancy since the overthrow of the Gaddafi regime.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
US identifies terrorists who attacked its Benghazi consulate in 2012 | World news | guardian.co.uk

Where have you been? They have been identified. Capturing them and putting them through the 'Obama Rendition Program". Oh, you say Obama doesn't have a rendition program. Hmm..., then you're more naive than I thought you were.

Rendition Program to Continue Under Obama's Watch | …

www.aclu.org/.../rendition-program-continue-under-obamas-watch

On Monday, the Obama administration announced that it would continue the Bush administration practice of kidnapping individuals suspected of terrorism to other ...

Whoops...

Last edited:

You know things are bad when Obama can't even implement his own bad ideas.

US identifies terrorists who attacked its Benghazi consulate in 2012

22 May 2013

Officials in the US say they have identified five men who might be responsible for the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012 and there is enough evidence to justify seizing them by military force as suspected terrorists or killing them with a drone strike. However, there is not enough proof to try them in a US civilian court as the Obama administration prefers.

The men remain at large while the FBI gathers evidence. The investigation has been slowed by the reduced US intelligence presence in the region since the 11 September 2012 attacks and the limited ability to assist by Libya's post-revolutionary law enforcement and intelligence agencies, which are still in their infancy since the overthrow of the Gaddafi regime.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
US identifies terrorists who attacked its Benghazi consulate in 2012 | World news | guardian.co.uk

Where have you been? They have been identified. Capturing them and putting them through the 'Obama Rendition Program". Oh, you say Obama doesn't have a rendition program. Hmm..., then you're more naive than I thought you were.

Rendition Program to Continue Under Obama's Watch | …

Page Not Found - Debate Politics Forums

On Monday, the Obama administration announced that it would continue the Bush administration practice of kidnapping individuals suspected of terrorism to other ...

Whoops...

Well, I guess the question then is who's going to arrest them? I thought you were looking for administration officials to be arrested. As your article pointed out, the infrastructure for Libya to do it isn't there yet, so unless you want to embark on another nation building project....

Now: I never said anything about Obama not having a rendition program. In my opinion one of the biggest crticisms of Obama is that he's largely co-opted many of the worst parts of Bush's foreign policies. It's interesting that the same people who loved it when it was Bush now are horrified. I would say that you know things are bad when the right suddenly embraces the ACLU. That used to be a weapon they used in elections to call the Democrat a "card-carrying member of the ACLU." Now you love them...it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Well, I guess the question then is who's going to arrest them? I thought you were looking for administration officials to be arrested. As your article pointed out, the infrastructure for Libya to do it isn't there yet, so unless you want to embark on another nation building project....

Now: I never said anything about Obama not having a rendition program. In my opinion one of the biggest crticisms of Obama is that he's largely co-opted many of the worst parts of Bush's foreign policies. It's interesting that the same people who loved it when it was Bush now are horrified. I would say that you know things are bad when the right suddenly embraces the ACLU. That used to be a weapon they used in elections to call the Democrat a "card-carrying member of the ACLU." Now you love them...it would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

You're right, you never mentioned Obama's rendition program, which is the same rendition program used by Clinton and Bush. No, it's all those people like you that cried foul when Bush was in charge and now think its good. I'd call that obvious hypocrisy. If it was bad under Clinton and Bush, it is certainly bad under Obama. There are times when even the ACLU can't stand the stink. No one ever claimed to be enamored with the ACLU as long as they do their rightful job and justice for all.

The thing that bothers me about Democrats is with few exceptions,their absolute fealty to whoever is their leader. Not just political leaders,but the rank and file. Loyalty to party is fine,but country at some point needs to come first.

The thing that bothers me about Democrats is with few exceptions,their absolute fealty to whoever is their leader. Not just political leaders,but the rank and file. Loyalty to party is fine,but country at some point needs to come first.

And that's a fact Jack. If Obama wanted to apprehend these people it would have been done months ago. He could have sent Special operative in to get them. Obama wants Benghazi-Gate to go away. That is why FBI Director Mueller was unable to tell Congress who is heading up the investigation and just how far it's gone.

I believe that, out of politeness the Democrats are giving the GOP a chance to make that gesture first.

I believe that, out of politeness the Democrats are giving the GOP a chance to make that gesture first.

I'll be searching the skies this evening trying to spot those flying pigs you just vouched for. Since when have the Democrats ever been polite to the GOP? It's evident that ObamaCare cannot be implemented on time. Democrats also have shown their disdain at the Border wall or strengthening the vulnerable areas, along with addition Border patrolmen.

I'll be searching the skies this evening trying to spot those flying pigs you just vouched for. Since when have the Democrats ever been polite to the GOP? It's evident that ObamaCare cannot be implemented on time. Democrats also have shown their disdain at the Border wall or strengthening the vulnerable areas, along with addition Border patrolmen.

If you want others to be polite to you, try being polite to others.

"What goes around, comes around.

You know things are bad when Obama can't even implement his own bad ideas.

Actually, the idea was from the Heritage Foundation and first implemented by a Republican governor.

Yes, it was pretty silly for Democrats to corrupt a good idea like national health insurance with some type of bastardized plan that leveraged the existing vehicles in the private sector. US healthcare was much better in the late 1970's before hospitals and insurance companies became for-profit businesses (prior to Reagan, the Blue Cross-Blue Shields were mutuals, without a profit motive, as were most hospitals), moving away from serving the health needs of the country and moving toward delivering very, very fat paychecks to healthcare CEOs.

Back
Top Bottom