• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If G.W. Bush Had a Son, He'd Look Like Christopher Lane

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Taleeb Starkes
August 22, 2013

Imagine the Left's reaction if the shocking, inter-racial murder of Christopher Lane had occurred when G.W Bush was president and he had stated, "If I had a son, he'd look like Christopher," or "Christopher Lane could've been me 35 years ago." Undoubtedly, the race-peddlers and entire grievance industry would've interpreted his comments as a subtle war declaration against Black America. Yet, when President Obama made these statements about Trayvon Martin, the Lefties claimed that he wasn't being divisive, he was simply "keepin' it real."

The racial dynamics of both Christopher Lane and Trayvon Martin's scenarios have many people focusing on the similarities. I, on the other hand, see stark contrasts.

Unlike Trayvon Martin, Christopher Lane doesn't have powerful, race-baiting allies in the Oval Office, Justice Department, media, and entertainment industry. Assuredly, General Holder will not use Chris Lane's senseless murder as a catalyst to pursue his often-requested national race dialogue. Nope. Nor will the Justice Department zealously create a tips hotline (in Zimmerman-like fashion) to build an airtight case against the Chris Lane's shooter for a civil rights violation or hate crime, even though the alleged gunman once tweeted, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM."

There will not be nationwide "stop the violence" marches with fed-up participants wearing baseball hats to honor Chris Lane. In fact, this generic tweet from Jesse Jackson, which was likely written by his public relations aides, is all that Chris Lane's parents are likely to receive. It stated, "Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail." Apparently, the deepest emotion that this so-called human rights activist was able to muster for Chris Lane was a figurative frown. This guy is such a phony!

Read more:
Articles: If G.W. Bush Had a Son, He'd Look Like Christopher Lane

Of course there won't be.

By Taleeb Starkes
August 22, 2013

Imagine the Left's reaction if the shocking, inter-racial murder of Christopher Lane had occurred when G.W Bush was president and he had stated, "If I had a son, he'd look like Christopher," or "Christopher Lane could've been me 35 years ago." Undoubtedly, the race-peddlers and entire grievance industry would've interpreted his comments as a subtle war declaration against Black America. Yet, when President Obama made these statements about Trayvon Martin, the Lefties claimed that he wasn't being divisive, he was simply "keepin' it real."

The racial dynamics of both Christopher Lane and Trayvon Martin's scenarios have many people focusing on the similarities. I, on the other hand, see stark contrasts.

Unlike Trayvon Martin, Christopher Lane doesn't have powerful, race-baiting allies in the Oval Office, Justice Department, media, and entertainment industry. Assuredly, General Holder will not use Chris Lane's senseless murder as a catalyst to pursue his often-requested national race dialogue. Nope. Nor will the Justice Department zealously create a tips hotline (in Zimmerman-like fashion) to build an airtight case against the Chris Lane's shooter for a civil rights violation or hate crime, even though the alleged gunman once tweeted, "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM."

There will not be nationwide "stop the violence" marches with fed-up participants wearing baseball hats to honor Chris Lane. In fact, this generic tweet from Jesse Jackson, which was likely written by his public relations aides, is all that Chris Lane's parents are likely to receive. It stated, "Praying for the family of Chris Lane. This violence is frowned upon and the justice system must prevail." Apparently, the deepest emotion that this so-called human rights activist was able to muster for Chris Lane was a figurative frown. This guy is such a phony!

Read more:
Articles: If G.W. Bush Had a Son, He'd Look Like Christopher Lane

Of course there won't be.

The biggest difference between the two is that in the lane case, the perpetrators were arrested immediately and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law (and rightfully so). In the Martin case, the perpetrator was let go and wasn't arrested and charged until the nation cried out for justice to be done.

BTW...I disagree vehemently with your initial point. I think if GWB had come out and said "If I had a son, he would look like Lane"...I think most of the country would respect him for saying it and understand exactly what he was saying. You wouldn't have seen the vile and viciousness that you have seen from the Obama-haters. There were MANY things that GWB said and did that I disagree with...however, if he came out and said something heartfelt like that surrounding a tragic case, I would have appreciated where he was coming from.

There's no doubt that that was one of Obama's dumber comments. He seems to think he should poke his nose in all sorts of things. Serious case of foot-in-mouth disease and if you don't agree with my comment, c'mon by and we'll have a beer summit.

Bush OTOH, after his infamous "mission accomplished" remark, stayed very quiet, which benefited everyone. He had the dignity and graciousness to damage the country behind closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom