• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If CCW's were easier to get nationwide would crime go down?

Drop to the ground and take cover

If I can, run for cover further away and again get on my belly

Curse the 2nd amendment that allowed that psychopath to buy a gun

You can always "hit the deck"

Well if the shooter is ranting and waving his gun about, I hope I have the presence of mind to use the opportunity to run like hell
While the guy behind me, with the CCW, spends the time pulling out his Colt 45 and doing his John McLane act, turning the supermarket into the OK Coral and getting himself killed.

Give up your Rambo fantasy and if you are unfortunate to find yourself in such an incident do the following and in this order:

1. Run
2. Hide
3. Fight

Remember the active shooter is always going to shoot first.
You are missing the point of my scenario. The gunman is right there IN FRONT OF YOU. If you turn around and try to run he is going to SHOOT YOU IN THE BACK. In my scenario there is no place for you to hide, no physical barriers, you cant "hit the deck" Your only hope is that you have a CCW weapon and he averts his eyes long enough for you to draw your weapon and shoot him. If you have proper training, as I have, you can do that fast enough and discreetly enough that by the time he realizes you have made the motion, it's too late and you have him dead to rights. The motion of "running away" however, if the perp is right in front you, will attract much attention and then he might just shoot you in the back as you run away.

You are missing the point of my scenario. The gunman is right there IN FRONT OF YOU. If you turn around and try to run he is going to SHOOT YOU IN THE BACK. In my scenario there is no place for you to hide, no physical barriers, you cant "hit the deck" Your only hope is that you have a CCW weapon and he averts his eyes long enough for you to draw your weapon and shoot him. If you have proper training, as I have, you can do that fast enough and discreetly enough that by the time he realizes you have made the motion, it's too late and you have him dead to rights. The motion of "running away" however, if the perp is right in front you, will attract much attention and then he might just shoot you in the back as you run away.

I think you're drawing too much on action movies.

I think in the time it takes to put down what you're holding and draw a gun from a holster, a mass shooter will shoot you dead if he's clear minded and recognizes you as a threat

If he's distracted and waving his gun around, I do think it's a better option to run and you'd get several feet away in the time it it would have taken you to engage him in a firefight. If the shooter can hit a man running away he probably is clear enough minded to kill you if you draw.

I both cases, I think your best option is to run for cover as fast as you can.

That's not the situation I see happening most of the time though. I think it most likely that the first idea you have of a threat is seeing a bullet hit you or someone close by and a disorientating loud bang.

Again, I think your best option is to throw yourself down flat and look for something to hide behind.

Last edited:
I think you're drawing too much on action movies.

I think in the time it takes to put down what you're holding and draw a gun from a holster, a mass shooter will shoot you dead if he's clear minded and recognizes you as a threat

If he's distracted and waving his gun around, I do think it's a better option to run and you'd get several feet away in the time it it would have taken you to engage him in a firefight. If the shooter can hit a man running away he probably is clear enough minded to kill you if you draw.

I both cases, I think your best option is to run for cover as fast as you can.

That's not the situation I see happening most of the time though. I think it most likely that the first idea you have of a threat is seeing a bullet hit you or someone close by and a disorientating loud bang.

Again, I think your best option is to throw yourself down flat and look for something to hide behind.

Of course anyone can introduce all the assumptions they like and make the scenario turn out however they wish.

That's great but the entire country is not made up of States like Alabama Georgia or Arizona there are more blue States that frown upon CCW's. I would like people in those States to be able to have CCW's as long as they can pass a background check....

They do, in fact in Georgia it's recommended that you get a CCW before buying a gun.

If you have a CCW, your time in a gun shop is hugely reduced after deciding to buy a particular gun.

Back
Top Bottom