• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Identify as Black/white?

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Can a white person identify as black and should society accept this? Can a black person identify as white?

What are your thoughts?

We already did this with Dozeal or whatever her last name was.

Does anyone buy the natural peanut butter that you have to stir for 8 hours because the peanut oil separates?

Kitchen hack: once it's stirred put it in the fridge and it won't separate. It also won't spread, but stop being so picky.

Can a white person identify as black and should society accept this? Can a black person identify as white?

What are your thoughts?
I have a niece who passed for white in her job. Moved to Hartford & worked in a big
Insurance co. She didn’t lie, just didn’t tell anyone that she was 2nd gen. mixed race. One of her sisters also could have passed , but stayed in her neighborhood. The other kids looked mixed. 😏

Last edited:
Do you think it's right for Reese Peanut Butter cups, with an added layer of carmel, should still be called Reese Cups? I say no way.
Absolutely not. If I want caramel, I'll have a Caramello. And Reese's thins are a rip off.

I identify as White though I could claim to be Native American as one GREAT-Grandmother was a member of Geronimo's tribe imprisoned in Oklahoma - until he died and they were allowed to return to Arizona.

What are your thoughts?
What's Barack Obama, black or white?

I identify as White though I could claim to be Native American as one GREAT-Grandmother was a member of Geronimo's tribe imprisoned in Oklahoma - until he died and they were allowed to return to Arizona.

Do you think that you should be allowed to identify as Inuit?

Do you think that you should be allowed to identify as Inuit?
"Allowed to"? What do you mean by that?

I can say I'm Inuit and there's no authoritative body to stop me.

But if I benefit financially that's different. It's fraud, or tax evasion.

My daughter is mixed race Caucasian and Chinese. She is commonly mistaken for Hispanic. Kids at her high school walk up to her and start speaking Spanish.

Back
Top Bottom