• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I think it's over, come next Tuesday (11/24).

The problem is the next person to try this might be competent and they may only have to change the outcome in one state.
This election should be a huge wake-up call to the American electorate. There has to be a way you can run an election where the results are beyond question.

You know, like every other western democracy manages to do.

I think about 80% of the perceived problems in the American electoral system, are there on purpose. They seem to be there so, if needed, they can be pointed to as a reason to cast doubt on the outcome.
You are looking at it wrong. It is 50 different elections, using 50 different combinations of systems, rules, methods of voting, machinery, equipment etc. In most states, the counties which run things do so using different methods and machinery depending on their budgets and priorities. Linn county is using a very modern system of tracking ballots, while Multnomah county is going very old school. And it is virtually impossible to 'fix' an election with such diversity of method system and timing. Nothing is centralized to successfully attack or hack. Yes of course one state may be crucial in the end, and shenanigans can develop post election a la Florida, that will eventually lead to a turn of power, but its not all that easy to predict which of a dozen states to concentrate on 'fixing' beforehand. This year no single two states that were close enough would have wielded a different result, not Georgia, not Pennsylvania, not Nevada, not Arizona, not North Carolina, not Michigan, not Wisconsin. Its all so scattershot and you would have to have a lot of evidence and witnesses behind you to succeed in two, three, or five crucial states. You have to do a hell of a lot of bribing corrupting and coercing of people and that leaves a lot of dirty laundry on the floor during the recounts and certification process across all these precincts and borders. I bag or two of that soiled linen may stink up the process a lot more than it actually affects outcome of a national election.

I think the system is holding up rather well under this attack, it's all smoke and mirrors and trash talk, but the votes are being counted and certified pretty much according to plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom