• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I see other boards saying "The left needs to handle the anti-Semitism NOW!" Since when was the left the anti-Semites? Nazis are not left.

Other than a few wrong flag waving idiots , there is no widespread antisemitism on today's right.... After witnessing these protests , the progressive leftists are showing there is on their side, I'm afraid.

When someone tells you what they are by their actions, believe them.
The only way you could possibly reach that conclusion is by conveniently ignoring all of the Jewish people also taking part in pro-palestinian protests.

David Duke almost got elected governor of Louisiana in 1994. He ran as a Republican.

It is almost like something must have changed in the more than 100 years since 1868.

Racism is not something confined to one party over another. There are racist democrats as there are racist republicans, yet history attests the KKK was formed by mostly democrats and the republican party was formed to end slavery.

The actions/reactions of democrat policy and ideology has done little for the black community, in fact has many dependent upon the government, the destruction of the family unit, and abortion centers set up in their communities for years. It's been more like controlled suppression to keep them in check, yet give them enough to keep their vote.

Today, they are moving towards the Jewish people and white's who believe in God. Only those who believe in the correct "ideology" are good and proper people from their pov.....all others outside the cult are bad, to be labeled, dismissed, thought evil of, and ridiculed as less intelligent.

Racism is not something confined to one party over another. There are racist democrats as there are racist republicans, yet history attests the KKK was formed by mostly democrats and the republican party was formed to end slavery.

The actions/reactions of democrat policy and ideology has done little for the black community, in fact has many dependent upon the government, the destruction of the family unit, and abortion centers set up in their communities for years. It's been more like controlled suppression to keep them in check, yet give them enough to keep their vote.

Today, they are moving towards the Jewish people and white's who believe in God. Only those who believe in the correct "ideology" are good and proper people from their pov.....all others outside the cult are bad, to be labeled, dismissed, thought evil of, and ridiculed as less intelligent.
I like how these arguments always hinge on black people being gullible fools who easily fall victim to democrat propaganda. It's like you don't have much respect for their intelligence.

I like how these arguments always hinge on black people being gullible fools who easily fall victim to democrat propaganda. It's like you don't have much respect for their intelligence.

On the contrary, I happen to know they are more intelligent than the left gives them credit. More and more are awakening to the suppression/oppression of the democrat party, coming back to their republican roots.

The left are on hyperdrive to the extreme radical side of liberalism and progressive ideology. Like republicans in general, they too are shaking their heads at the insanity coming from the left side. Where oh where are the moderate democrats?

Keep on believing whatever you need to believe. I don't really care.

On the contrary, I happen to know they are more intelligent than the left gives them credit. More and more are awakening to the suppression/oppression of the democrat party, coming back to their republican roots.

The left are on hyperdrive to the extreme radical side of liberalism and progressive ideology. Like republicans in general, they too are shaking their heads at the insanity coming from the left side. Where oh where are the moderate democrats?
So you're saying that black people have been held back all this time by racist white people and their racist ideology? That actually sounds very woke to me. Are you sure you're not progressive yourself?

So you're saying that black people have been held back all this time by racist white people and their racist ideology? That actually sounds very woke to me. Are you sure you're not progressive yourself?

I simply prefer self-dependency, instead of government dependency. The thought that our government has actively perpetuated "government dependency" upon an entire race within our country sickens me.

I simply prefer self-dependency, instead of government dependency. The thought that our government has actively perpetuated "government dependency" upon an entire race within our country sickens me.
Don't we all depend on government to a greater or lesser extent though? I would argue that black people as a race are no more dependent on government than any other group of people.

Today, American students are forming chains to keep recognizable Jews off campus. This is very reminiscent of 1938 Germany, where activist chains kept Jews from going to university.

Show me evidence of one case of protesters "forming chains" aimed at Jewish students - the protesters, by the way, largely ARE Jewish students. They HAVE sometimes locked buildings preventing anyone from entering, not only Jewish people, in a pretty standard protest tactic. Your comparison to Nazi actions is typically dishonest and disgusting of genocide supporters.

So-called “pro Palestine" activists have been assaulting Jews on the streets

No one is defending actual assault; there have also been lies about assault, and assaults by 'both sides'.

and tearing down pictures of innocent hostages held in gaza, including infants.

Yes, both sides have attacked messaging from the other. Such signs are likely seen as propaganda trying to care only about their hostages and to cover up the atrocities committed against Gaza, and from the far more PALESTINIAN hostages, perversely by the side that is preventing the release of the hostages, with Netanyahu wanting war, and actually killing hostages, not very concerned with them.

You can criticize the 'property crime' of tearing down the propaganda, but it pales to the crimes of violence being protested. It's analogous to tearing down swastikas in Nazi Germany to protest their crimes.

Jewish businesses are targeted.

Define 'targeted' and show evidence. No one is defending crimes against businesses. You do realize most American Jews side with the protesters and are leaders of the protests? And that there have been cases of pro-Israel (Worse than Hamas) people who do things like paint swastikas to create false claims of victimiization?

Synagogues are being attacked, and Jewish graves desecrated. Just 5 years ago, my late aunt's neighborhood synagogue was attacked, and the fanatical anti-semite murdered 11 people for the crime of being Jewish.

Sounds like ACTUAL anti-Semitism - right-wing actual anti-Semitism is not the same thing as the pro-Palestinian protests.

Immediately upon the October 7th atrocities in Israel, mobs of pro Hamas sympathizers, including college students and professors, gathered to celebrate.

Immediately upon the liberation of the Nazi death camps, there were numerous cases of freed prisoners chasing down and murdering fleeing guards in cold blood. Victims of great oppression can have that reaction. I understand genocide supporters would like to try to lie that the entire story began October 7 and is all about the crimes by Hamas.

I also note you did not answer the question, and of course don't have a word to say about the crimes against Palestinians before and after October 7. You simply support them.

I would not say it is any worse, but it certainly hasn't improved. You can always count on leftists to be irrational bigots. It is in their DNA.
They've historically hid behind criticizing Israel but it's coming more out in the open now.

Lol, ridiculous. Those loons hate Biden, because he's not far left radical enough. I just didn't vote for the dumbass.
Yep, see, you're a great example of a true American who plays our system well. Not voting in America is a vote in itself. Not voting makes a difference in a two party run. How patriotic of you! :)

Well, true in the 30's and 40's. We don't live 80-90 years ago though, we live in the present. Today, there's a case to be made that many younger Americans that consider themselves team blue show increasing anti-Semitic behaviours.

Prove your claim. I can probably better show that the extremist right-wing government of Israel (Worse than Hamas) is far more anti-Semitic than any American left, who largely ARE American Jews opposed to that government.

I also think that once you get into the extreme ends of either team red or team blue, you find many people are deranged in similar ways, paradoxically. Just associating with different teams.

False equivalency. Again prove your claim.

In this demented reality, chants on a campus are worse than funding a regime that had murdered 30,000 people, mostly women and children.

That's exactly the goal of the power and propaganda used for that message - to change who the victim is to support the atrocities.

This is the article:

The Left Needs to Handle Its Antisemitism Problem—NOW​

Excerpt:
While protests of all kinds are often marred by fringe actors—doing and saying terrible things that don’t represent the views of the larger group—it’s difficult to watch the videos and not conclude that there is blatant antisemitism at play among at least some of these pro-Palestinian protesters. Even if they’re a minority of the larger movement, what we’re seeing on and around the campus of one of the most hallowed institutions of higher education in America are not merely peaceful calls for a ceasefire or more humanitarian aid into Gaza.

There’s rank antisemitism, full stop, and it needs to be dealt with immediately.

One obvious step is for prominent Americans who have advocated for Palestinians in Gaza to forcefully condemn this behavior. Today.

If you are a prominent progressive influencer, pundit, or elected official (looking at you, Squad members), this is the time for you to go on the record and say that the antisemitic “fringe” of this movement—ostensibly in support of Palestinian rights and an end to the war in Gaza—does not speak for the larger group.

As it happens, Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN)—an outspoken critic of Israel whose daughter was one of the students arrested last week at Columbia—doesn’t seem too interested in rooting out the bigots that share her passion for the cause. Frankly, she’s not even interested in admitting they exist.

Antisemitism is the worlds' oldest ongoing hatred - it didn't get that way by being inflexible. There are plenty of anti-semites on the left and the right.

Students chanting We Are HAMAS, Long Live HAMAS are protesting in favor of a particularly horrific terrorist group, which deliberately maximizes both the qualitative suffering and quantitative loss of both Israeli and Palestinian civilians. That they are interspersed with protesters who have different focuses does not change this.

The same is true in reverse. Though opposition to Israel often becomes irrational, leading to antisemitism, opposition to Israel's actions is not inherently antisemitic. That non-anti-semitic protesters are interspersed with anti-semitic ones does not change this, anymore than it excuses the anti-semitism of those who are targeting Jews.

This Zionist outcry is bullshit! Now the left will be labeled as anti-Semites white the real anti-Semites on the hardcore right
This can be the source of confusion.

The antisemites and/or unconditioned support for the "oppressed" are to be found on the hardcore left. The hardcore left and the hardcore right are more similar to each other than they are to moderates.

American Jews are by far on the left. One of my senators is a Jew. A Democrat. She's my favorite senator since the days of Dick Bryan.

Love this woman.

will be ignored. Israeli Zionist are great at re-framing and they are doing it now all over the media! The left has most always been on the side of justice for the underdog,
^^^ there it is

the disenfranchised, the oppressed, the OCCUPIED! The left is PRO-GAZANS not pro-Hamas. The re-framing has been successful in turning black and brown people erroneously into anti-Semites while the like of Bibi and the Trumpers continue their hateful rhetoric. The student demonstrations have been infiltrated by outsiders, some of which may even be Israeli Zionists.
Write Senator Rosen a letter and call her an antisemite.

I understand people don't want to grasp that the founders of the KKK were democrats, confederates, and slave owners. The first grand wizard, Nathan Bedford Forrest spoke at the 1868 Democrat National Convention. Oh, but what?.....he was really a republican in disguise, lol.

They were Rightwing conservatives. Look at their ideological positions. They match with modern day Republicans, not modern day Democrats.

Yeah, the Republican Party is the same anti-states rights, anti-“traditional morality”, pro-big federal government, pro-free handouts, pro-immigrant party it was in the 1860’s yes? No ideological changes?

It's why you see anti-Semitic racists waving the flag of Israel .
an·ti-Sem·i·tism
/ˌanˌtīˈseməˌtizəm,ˌan(t)ēˈseməˌtizəm/
noun
noun: antisemitism

1. hostility to or prejudice against Jewish people.
    "he is a leader in the fight against anti-Semitism"

Self haters?

The idea of semitic people as a race died long ago. Indeed, the idea itself is racist.

Languages are semitic, not people. The term "antisemitism" has been defined as anti-Jewish for a long time.

They LOVE the fascism and racial superiority and willingness to commit genocide. The fascists try to use lies about anti-Semitism as a weapon to defend their crimes, so if you are against their crimes, which is mostly the left, you are called anti-Semitic by the fascists.
...there remains no archaeological or scientific evidence of a common Semitic people. Because Semitic-speaking peoples do not share any traits aside from language, use of the term “Semite” to refer to the broad range of Semitic-speaking peoples has fallen out of favour. For this reason, some critics even encourage the removal of the hyphen in the term anti-Semitism to help dispel any pseudoscientific notions of a "Semitic race." They advocate instead for the use of antisemitism to describe the hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious or racial group.

Your entire premise is based on the idea that black people aren't smart enough to figure out democrats are hurting them. Your racism is on display for all to see.

Black people are capable of rationally assessing their own interests, and they vote overwhelmingly democrat. No matter how many times you try to claim otherwise, they aren't gullible. They're not being tricked or trapped. .

This is the article:

That article excerpt is quite a piece of propaganda. It totally excludes the actual issue - Israel (Worse than Hamas)'s colonial project against Palestinians since its founding, its atrocities, to try to claim there are only two topics - the 'good' protesters who support a cease-fire and food (and a return to the ongoing ethnic cleansing of Palestine); and the anti-Semites, who everyone should condemn.

This is standard propaganda, trying to frame the topics falsely for their own purpose.

And it tries to demand that all critics limit their statements to approved messages, by equating any others with hate speech, while demonizing leading advocates for human rights, equating them with anti-Semites.

It implicitly asserts one of their favorite lies: equating any criticism of Israel (Worse than Hamas) with 'anti-Semitism', a lit they just used their power over Congress to make them pass as a resolution.

It's an 'alternative' narrative with only two sides - the 'good guys' including Israel (worse than Hamas) who would like the war to end, and the anti-Semites who must immediately be dealt with and silenced. That's it.

The leftists have ALWAYS been anti-Semites. Leftists hate Jews. The rat parties slavery practices and Klan ancestry aside, the leftists have ALWAYS rushed to attack Israel.

Ask yourself...WHY do you give a **** about Gaza (and since you pretend to give a **** about Gaza, why haven't you bothered to take the time to learn the history of what you are actually protesting?) Seriously...Muslims are dying in territorial battles throughout the middle east and into Africa and you don't give the first ****. Literally couldn't give a **** if someone gave you three extra ****s and you bought two more on sale. SO why are you shitting yourself over Gaza?

Because of the Jooz.

Israel supports damn near ALL the liberal causes the left champions in the US. Israel allows for pride events, you can be LGBT in Israel safely, Israel is a democracy. Palestine under Hamas on the other hand would kill all of you 'people' for walking down their streets...but you shit yourself over Gaza....

Because of the Jooz.

HAMAS kills Palestinians that dont walk lock step with their views. Hamas pays terrorists to kill women and children. Hamas (and all of Palestine, would light you on fire for marching in a pride parade and then wouldn't bother wasting the spit on you to put you out....b ut you shit yourself over Gaza.

Because of the Jooz.

You don't give a shit about Muslims dying in Syria. You don't give a shit about Muslims dying in Yemen. You dont give a shit about Muslims being killed in China or Russia. Its only Gaza. Why?

Because of the Jooz.

You hate the Jews. Its LITERALLY the only reason ANY of you......people........pretend to give a shit about Gaze.
Be there. It will be wild!

Look at this "leftist" Jew give an idiot Trump sycophant a lesson on life.

Back
Top Bottom